Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Don Cherry may not be back
Maybe SN could go to a xenophobic woman dressed like a stripper for a change.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
Oh well...
Thanks given by:
I personally hope it doesn't end like this. Love him or hate him, the man has been a huge part of hockey for several decades and deserves a proper send off.
Thanks given by: ZappaScores , Fritz , Fritz , teamblue
This was the top comment on Reddit, did anyone catch this during the actual segment?: "Nobody caught on Hockey Night in Canada when Don was introducing his video clip of Bobby Orr when Don said “this will probably be the last time I get to do this”. I knew he was done"
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-07, 11:13 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: This was the top comment on Reddit, did anyone catch this during the actual segment?: "Nobody caught on Hockey Night in Canada when Don was introducing his video clip of Bobby Orr when Don said “this will probably be the last time I get to do this”. I knew he was done"

Actually, yeah I did catch that. Didn't really clue in at the time though.
Thanks given by:
In the meantime, I will eagerly await rock em sock em 73.
Thanks given by:
If this is true, he would then become an Unrestricted Free Agent, would he not! So would he consider doing a similar sector with TSN on their Regional Broadcasts? Hate to see him turfed out like that! I rather see Kypreos go instead! So Mallard, Mccowan, McLean all gone, next???
Make Love to Whine and Cheese 
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-07, 11:04 AM)Superlube11 Wrote: I personally hope it doesn't end like this. Love him or hate him, the man has been a huge part of hockey for several decades and deserves a proper send off.

They'll do something for him, it's not like they would let him go and then pretend he never existed.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-07, 12:34 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: If this is true, he would then become an Unrestricted Free Agent, would he not! So would he consider doing a similar sector with TSN on their Regional Broadcasts? Hate to see him turfed out like that! I rather see Kypreos go instead! So Mallard, Mccowan, McLean all gone, next???

I hope not Caper. He was entertaining once upon a time but he's done. He makes no sense anymore.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , CaperLeaf
I loved Don’s segment my whole life but in recent years it has worn thin for me.

He is a legend though and I am kind of saddened he is not calling it a day on his terms.

The Whole HNIC production for me is not that great anymore.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-07, 11:04 AM)Superlube11 Wrote: I personally hope it doesn't end like this. Love him or hate him, the man has been a huge part of hockey for several decades and deserves a proper send off.

Agree 100%. Not personally a fan of his but you can’t deny his impact on the sport, nor his commitment to Canada. Sorta related, I wish the west treated their elderly better. We use them up and then cast them aside. It’s not right.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-07, 12:34 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: If this is true, he would then become an Unrestricted Free Agent, would he not! So would he consider doing a similar sector with TSN on their Regional Broadcasts? Hate to see him turfed out like that! I rather see Kypreos go instead! So Mallard, Mccowan, McLean all gone, next???

McCowan was the worst, I'm glad they turfed that idiot, lol.

Don is 85 years old, it's time to retire.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf , CaperLeaf
(2019-07-07, 02:15 PM)Fritz Wrote:

McCowan was the worst, I'm glad they turfed that idiot, lol.

Don is 85 years old, it's time to retire.

Can not argue that at all. Happy
Thanks given by:
With all these reports about Rogers woes I bet TSN is laughing all the way to the bank like this Laugh Laugh
Thanks given by:
Starting out Cherry expressed incite-full information about hockey many average fans didn't understand but as time went by the game changed and he didn't. " ie European players " He also allowed his personal bias enter his  message thus making him irrelevant.

Edited by Andrea Bocelli ;

Time to say goodbye
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-07, 03:50 PM)trapper Wrote: Starting out Cherry expressed incite-full information about hockey many average fans didn't understand but as time went by the game changed and he didn't. " ie European players " He also allowed his personal bias enter his  message thus making him irrelevant.

Edited by Andrea Bocelli ;

Time to say goodbye

he's just not politically correct in a time that people are over sensitive and whine about everyone with a difference of opinion.

He's past his time on the game too, but he was arguing for the players safety for so many years (icing being one he was so adament on) 

He was who he was and he was iconic for the game. good and bad. I could tolerate him talking because he was unique. unfortunately probably won't bother watching his replacement because i just find all the candidates intolerable, I don't need guys standing with sticks talking about stupid basic hockey shit. I want someone with no filter and no strings pointing out shit the hardcore fan might of missed. 

overall the game of hockey could use a 150% improvement on intermission interviews and the off ice entertainment for the viewers.
Thanks given by:
Bill Burr should replace him
Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did
Thanks given by: Bully , Bully
The tone of Coach's Corner changed after 9/11. Too much emphasis on the military. I liked it when he just talked hockey, whether he was right or not.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
He can't be replaced, he was too damn great. If he's gone then I'd like to see Brian Burke have that intermission.
Thanks given by:
Jeremy Roenick would be the perfect replacement.

Bombastic...check
Knows something about the game...check
Has stupid and controversial ideas...check
Is wrong exactly half the time...check

Won't happen though. He's an American.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: