Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Downtime
That's supposed to be the number of threads you created. I didn't notice that but the same thing is happening elsewhere. This new installation is like swiss cheese.
Thanks given by:
Aha! Thanks. Looks like it's working now anyway - place is looking much better now.
Thanks given by:
Ok, mystery solved. The British English language pack with the old template is yet another thing that's unsupported by the software update. I don't want to make every member go into their User CP and update it so I'll find a way to force the American English back on everyone. All the wacky looking stuff stops then. Hopefully they release a UK/Canada language pack soon.
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-27, 10:47 PM)shadylane Wrote: I feel the same way. The current design will be tweaked and softening the harsh white a bit is a good idea.

Now that the old design is basically unusable, we can start from scratch with another design (yay?). But first thing's first.. getting the missing features and some of the wonky buttons fixed is the priority. Thanks for your patience, Caper. Hope you had a Merry Christmas.
yes Shady I did and some of the things I am seeing here is very good and extending my good Christmas.  Cool Anything in this new "bag' of toys that can help with our spammy friends to make it harder to sell their garbage. you know I threw out far better trash than they are hawking on here, lol,lol. Laugh
After All, Life Goes On!!
Thanks given by: shadylane
it looks the same
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-27, 09:17 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: what about accessing the forum menu on the bottom of the page like you can at the top left?

This ^^^

When you get to it of course.  Grin

(thanks for the work, Shady. Especially during the holidays. I'll make certain you get paid twice what you normally do.  Wink )
Thanks given by:
Didn't the previous version quote the thread title at the top of each comment (where the time of the post is now). I kinda miss that. At my age by the time I've cruised through 2 pages of comments I've forgotten the tag line.  Wink
Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advice. 
Thanks given by:
Shady you have really done amazing work since yesterday. I like the plug-in that you can give a reason for your edit or not. I had a little fun in the FGG thread in the Leaf forum, hope not too many get upset with my "reason". It is looking very professionals good if not better than a lot of boards I have used now or in the past.

I still keep shaking my head over the lack ability to get SN site done when they had the golden opportunity to do so. I read a comment on a US Sports site that in canada more people go to TSN or CBC for their sports news fix than Sportsnet. I tend to agree. Job well done Shady and of course Lewis for having the trust in us to start this place up.

Lewis I am truly hoping you are doing much better health wise. You are truly a remarkable soul.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, Shady!

I like the Remove Thanks button.

I just discovered anyone can access it for any post.

I'll be using it to remove everyone else's thanks so I can become the King of Thanks!
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
(2014-12-28, 11:37 AM)divit Wrote: Didn't the previous version quote the thread title at the top of each comment (where the time of the post is now). I kinda miss that. At my age by the time I've cruised through 2 pages of comments I've forgotten the tag line.  Wink

true, eh?  But if you look in your browser URL, you can see it there too
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be returning the above mentioned thread customizations shortly.

Ulu - you can't alter other people's thanks history. Only I can. Wink
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-28, 01:19 PM)shadylane Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be returning the above mentioned thread customizations shortly.

Ulu - you can't alter other people's thanks history. Only I can. Wink

Hehe...

I didn't think a winkie was necessary in my post, but you never know... Wink

Hey, are you saying you can be bribed? Cool
Thanks given by:
As others have mentioned, I'd like the 'brightness' toned down a bit. Also, the line between the body of a post and the poster's signature should be more pronounced...
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-28, 08:40 PM)Limestoner Wrote: As others have mentioned, I'd like the 'brightness' toned down a bit. Also, the line between the body of a post and the poster's signature should be more pronounced...

There's way too much space after someones' signature and the start of the next post in the thread too.
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-28, 05:16 AM)shawn81 Wrote: it looks the same

I think it's time to see an eye doctor Shawn.
Thanks given by:
Thanks so much for your efforts ShadyLane!!

I really like the upgrades you have working so far.

I was especially happy with the RESIZE option added to the Picture Insert function  Grin

Unfortunately the LEFTIMG. RIGHTIMG, and Wordwrap functions you added previously are gone   Sad

I'm sure they are not high on your priorities right now, but i hope they can be restored.

A question on the "language Pack" issue:

I write anything longer than a paragraph or 2 in a word processor and paste to your editor,and am inserting quotes and images there. Now when I paste to the editor the fonts and sizes go all wonky, double spacing etc.

Is this what others are getting or is it something I am doing and need to change?
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-28, 08:40 PM)Limestoner Wrote: As others have mentioned, I'd like the 'brightness' toned down a bit. Also, the line between the body of a post and the poster's signature should be more pronounced...

I agree. I was reading someone's posts, 2 or 3 in a row, and I was wondering why is he repeating himself with something totally irrelevant to the thread? Icon_redface 
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-29, 09:47 AM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote: Thanks so much for your efforts ShadyLane!!

I really like the upgrades you have working so far.

I was especially happy with the RESIZE option added to the Picture Insert function  Grin

Unfortunately the LEFTIMG. RIGHTIMG, and Wordwrap functions you added previously are gone   Sad

I'm sure they are not high on your priorities right now, but i hope they can be restored.

A question on the "language Pack" issue:

I write anything longer than a paragraph or 2 in a word processor and paste to your editor,and am inserting quotes and images there. Now when I paste to the editor the fonts and sizes go all wonky, double spacing etc.

Is this what others are getting or is it something I am doing and need to change?
It appears that the new post editor imports formatting (ie. supports rich text) so that's why you're seeing wonky text.

Thanks for pointing out the broken image tags - they actually work just fine for me. But what word wrap are you referring to? I don't recall adding functionality for that.
Thanks given by:
(2014-12-29, 11:14 AM)Ululator Wrote:

I agree. I was reading someone's posts, 2 or 3 in a row, and I was wondering why is he repeating himself with something totally irrelevant to the thread? Icon_redface 

hey Shady and/or Ulu, I managed to tone down all that white by darkening my MacBook just a tad down. just a quick suggestion. On my tablet it looks awesome, maybe because it is smaller.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Gaudreau_John.JPG]If I attempt to use the white space beside the inserted image for test it begins at the base of the image, not the top.

Your mods allowed the text to flow down and around the pic, ie wordwrap.

wrap
wrap
wrap
wrap

wrap
wrap

wrap

wrap
wrap

Fonts went weird during copy paste

wrap

wrap
wrap

wrap

wrap
wrap

arouuuuuuuuuuuund >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was adding the imgright /imgright to your code and it didnt work. I just tried typing it in manually and it did so that was my mistake. But the text wrap around the image part you somehow added at the same time (in that Pictures thread).

Your editor DOES accept the formatted text I paste in but screws up formatting, size etc. for me.
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Thanks given by: