Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drouin
I didn't say "how quickly" he'd become our best player Wink

But hey lets get rid of PActhes, Weber, Price and he may hit that target next season lol. Didnt say how good our "best" would be either Wink

Both chuck and Patches did play some games with him. Neither of those guys helped Drouin get more pts. At start of season he was setting up guys and they wouldn't score. Then it all went downhill.

Just saying those guys on that list would not have those totals if playing with players Drouin did this year. So it goes both ways. How do you score over 50 pts in your 1st full NHL season, and then maybe hit 40pts...look at who he was playing with has some to do with it
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-14, 02:49 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: I didn't say "how quickly" he'd become our best player Wink

But hey lets get rid of PActhes, Weber, Price and he may hit that target next season lol.  Didnt say how good our "best" would be either Wink

Both chuck and Patches did play some games with him.  Neither of those guys helped Drouin get more pts. At start of season he was setting up guys and they wouldn't score.  Then it all went downhill.

Just saying those guys on that list would not have those totals if playing with players Drouin did this year.  So it goes both ways.  How do you score over 50 pts in your 1st full NHL season, and then maybe hit 40pts...look at who he was playing with has some to do with it

I disagree. He played quite a bit with Pacioretty and trained with him in the offseason. He played the bulk of his time with Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, and on the PP with Gallagher. These are far from being untalented players. If for example we had MacKinnon, McDavid, or possibly even Eichel as our first line centre instead of Drouin we wouldn't be talking about lottery picks this season. We have good talent on the wings. Any of those guys would make this a top team instead of a lottery team because of the talent we have on the wings.

How do you account for a decrease in production from a young player sometimes it's linemates but often it is the player or how he is used. In this case it's because, as I said when we got him, he's not a centre. If you put someone who is bad at a position in that position anyways they will likely fail.
Thanks given by: Bong13 , Bong13
This for the faceoff obsessed poster (Hello Mada)

Jonathan Drouin's faceoff % improvement

vs Pittsburgh: 79%

vs Dallas : 64%

vs Columbus : 67%

vs Tampa Bay : 56%

Also played some PK time vs Dallas, and took defensive responsibilities vs the Penguins. I know people want him at wing, (myself included)but hey improvement is something we should be happy about.
Thanks given by: FormalWare , FormalWare
Well even the coach said he has had a good 2 weeks...of he keeps it up he may end up at C again next year. CJ said so basically
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-16, 11:21 AM)bchippie Wrote: This for the faceoff obsessed poster (Hello Mada)

Also played some PK time vs Dallas, and took defensive responsibilities vs the Penguins. I know people want him at wing, (myself included)but hey improvement is something we should be happy about.

Maybe it was a question of finding the right pairing for him = Gallagher. Gallagher plays non-stop...maybe it'll rub on Drouin. I'm sure he'll be a C next year because I simply don't think Bergie can find us 2 top 6 Cs. He'll be one of them. Not sure yet about Byron on that line. I think this is where they should try to get a winger that is bigger and can also take some space.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-16, 11:35 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Well even the coach said he has had a good 2 weeks...of he keeps it up he may end up at C again next year. CJ said so basically

He has generally played better and so has Galchenyuk. Heck Drouin forechecked a guy into the boards to generate Deslauriers' goal...how many times have we seen that this year? I would say a handful.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-16, 11:21 AM)bchippie Wrote: This for the faceoff obsessed poster (Hello Mada)

I'm glad he is improving but he needs a lot more games like these to convince me he can be viable as a centre.
Thanks given by:
Drouin is going to end up with around the same points as Danault last season who played only half the season at 1C....'nuff said. Horrible year.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-16, 11:35 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Well even the coach said he has had a good 2 weeks...of he keeps it up he may end up at C again next year. CJ said so basically

(2018-03-16, 01:03 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Drouin is going to end up with around the same points as Danault last season who played only half the season at 1C....'nuff said. Horrible year.

And if anybody here disagrees, they should give their heads a shake.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-16, 01:21 PM)bchippie Wrote:

(2018-03-16, 01:03 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Drouin is going to end up with around the same points as Danault last season who played only half the season at 1C....'nuff said. Horrible year.

The Habs are in the process of ruining their most important asset. They have invested a lot in Drouin (Sergachev and 6 year contract). Jonathan has invested a lot here too (hospital pledge a la PK). Drouin is supposed to turn into the offensive F-QC superstar the fan-base has been dying for almost as much as another Cup. If he doesn't work out, they are in  deep trouble with their key F-QC fan-base.

Bottom line: you don't experiment defensively with an offensive player you brought in and signed long-term. This insanity has to stop next season.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-16, 01:39 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote:
(2018-03-16, 01:21 PM)bchippie Wrote:

The Habs are in the process of ruining their most important asset. They have invested a lot in Drouin (Sergachev and 6 year contract). Jonathan has invested a lot here too (hospital pledge a la PK). Drouin is supposed to turn into the offensive F-QC superstar the fan-base has been dying for almost as much as another Cup. If he doesn't work out, they are in  deep trouble with their key F-QC fan-base.

Bottom line: you don't experiment defensively with an offensive player you brought in and signed long-term. This insanity has to stop next season.

He will be fine ....Drouin will be fine..if his worst possible season is still better than Danault's best possible and he is younger, learning a new position and his season was spent on horrible team missing pp QB and every goal scorer went  AWOl....then I am quite OK with it....

The season sucked...we all know that...but Drouin is going to be fine  and playing him through this crap is alr4eady paying dividends...and this tank may be what the doctor ordered.  It is an opportunity for all of these kids to get some serious minutes...for Drouin he is already looking better defensively ...and it is resulting in some offense too.
Thanks given by:
This is the painful type of season we all wanted Galchenyuk to have opportunity to paly through....and it is paying dividends. IT had to be done.....without Pleks and Danault, Drouin is really having to tighten up defensively AND taking bigger faceoffs, matching up against better players, etc...he is learning...which is what needs to happen in a throwaway season

I think the one thing I find most frustrating about Drouin is actually in the offensive zone where he is reluctant to just get the puck deep or on net when no other option. While I do not want to touch his creativity....there needs to be some better decision making along wall and high in opposition zone....those soft passes are bothersome.

Drouin will bounce back next year...the whole team will....Drouin, LEhk, Scherbak and Galchenyuk are hugely benefitting right now from the absence of guys like Pleks, Danault, Shaw and Patch

On the back end with no Weber and Mete we are getting some really good development time for Reilly and Juulsen and the likes
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-16, 11:47 AM)Captain aHab Wrote:

He has generally played better and so has Galchenyuk. Heck Drouin forechecked a guy into the boards to generate Deslauriers' goal...how many times have we seen that this year? I would say a handful.

They are playing better without pressure. Not an indicator of a great play-off team.

Although, putting my Polly hat on, maybe the kids and julien are starting to get in a groove.

I've been disappointed too often though.
Thanks given by: