Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EK Talk
Did anyone see the return that Karlsson got? yikes. We could've offered a lot more without giving up any of our top prospects.

Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 01:47 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Did anyone see the return that Karlsson got? yikes. We could've offered a lot more without giving up any of our top prospects.

Well, whatever the case... I'm just glad it's over...

That said, I don't think it would've been a good idea to trade a 1st, a 2nd and 2 other conditional picks... and my guess is we wouldn't have. 

In other words, it likely would've cost us at least 1 or 2 of our top prospects ( Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Demko ) along with at least 1 good roster player ( Virtanen, Tanev, Stetcher ) and at least 1 or 2 good prospects ( Lind, Gad, Dahlen, Diepietro ). Just my opinion of course.  

Again, happy it's over... NOT looking forward to facing the SJ D...

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 01:47 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Did anyone see the return that Karlsson got? yikes. We could've offered a lot more without giving up any of our top prospects.
I just saw that. The trade package bandied about here in this thread is miles ahead of what Ottawa actually got.

If you Eugene Melnyk is truly trying to make sure every seat in his arena is empty, he's doing a damn good job of it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: Canuxxx
I wouldn't have traded for him. We KEEP out picks now, KEEP out young prospects. No more Messier or Sundin deals... OR Ericksons
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by: topgun
Some of the suggestions here like Virtanen + Juolevi + Gaudette was a lot better than what the Sens got LOL.

Anyways, i'm just glad this whole thing is over.

Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 02:01 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Some of the suggestions here like Virtanen + Juolevi + Gaudette was a lot better than what the Sens got LOL.

Let's wait to see what those conditional picks will be. 

Ottawa turned down 3 first round picks from Vegas at the trade deadline
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 02:01 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Some of the suggestions here like Virtanen + Juolevi + Gaudette was a lot better than what the Sens got LOL.

I wouldn't trade even one of thse guys for karlsson... (Go with what you have) That said, this is not a knock on Eric.. the guy is amazing..and hey. he is 6-3 and just 190.. So Petterson at 178 isn't that far behind and D is more physical then F
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 02:04 PM)topgun Wrote:

Let's wait to see what those conditional picks will be. 

Ottawa turned down 3 first round picks from Vegas at the trade deadline
I find it sad what just unfolded in Ottawa. This same time last year, they were entering camp as a team that had been one game away from the Stanley Cup finals.

Now, they're almost assured in my opinion to be the worst team in the NHL. In Colorado, they are doing cartwheels as I speak.

Thanks given by:

Lol I'd have preferred that (maybe throw in a second rounder)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I just couldn't see Benning doing this deal. When EK who stated he was going to free agency, his value plummeted, even to a contender. For us, it was nonsensical from the get go. I don't know if this was a fair deal or not, but I'm glad he was dealt, he was killing the sens with his status. As for San Jose, good luck. I could see EK bringing very little to that team this year as he adjusts to team play, new time zone and a tougher regular schedule. I will not be surprised if I hear EK is out for the year by December, I've seen those types of trades before
Thanks given by:

The offers on this thread were waaaayyyyyyy to high.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
Now that EK has been dealt to a team other than Vancouver the media and fans who know absolute shite can shut the hell up. Benning does his due diligence and inquires about the asking price on EK and all hell breaks loose. Nice to see that's all over with.
Thanks given by:
I get the feeling his refusal to sign an extension is what killed any possible deal with Vancouver

there is no way san jose offered a better package than Vancouver if they did indeed make an offer

our bottom prospects would have been better than what the sharks offered
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 10:06 PM)binder Wrote: I get the feeling his refusal to sign an extension is what killed any possible deal with Vancouver

there is no way san jose offered a better package than Vancouver if they did indeed make an offer

I doubt they even made an offer. Probably asked what the cost was and replied with 'thanks but no thanks'.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 11:20 PM)KahunaBaby Wrote:
(2018-09-13, 10:06 PM)binder Wrote: I get the feeling his refusal to sign an extension is what killed any possible deal with Vancouver

I doubt they even made an offer. Probably asked what the cost was and replied with 'thanks but no thanks'.

That'd be my guess. Which is a good thing. Vancouver can continue their rebuild as planned. Off to a solid start. Playing in that division, they probably have another shot at being a lottery team again. Which is also a good thing for this upcoming draft.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-14, 09:52 AM)Trevorchef Wrote:

That'd be my guess. Which is a good thing. Vancouver can continue their rebuild as planned. Off to a solid start. Playing in that division, they probably have another shot at being a lottery team again. Which is also a good thing for this upcoming draft.

If we are close to being a top lottery team by feb.....I want to see Green sit the top 3 lines for a month or two.     Jack Hughes would round out this roster quite nicely,  however having said that, I still hope that there is no losing attitude on the team and if they do better than expected it won't annoy me.      No matter how bad the Canucks have been the last 3 years there has been several teams worse each year with last year really being a rush to the bottom.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-16, 05:22 PM)shoes Wrote:
(2018-09-14, 09:52 AM)Trevorchef Wrote:

If we are close to being a top lottery team by feb.....I want to see Green sit the top 3 lines for a month or two.     Jack Hughes would round out this roster quite nicely,  however having said that, I still hope that there is no losing attitude on the team and if they do better than expected it won't annoy me.      No matter how bad the Canucks have been the last 3 years there has been several teams worse each year with last year really being a rush to the bottom.
I don't expect the Canucks can make the playoffs, but I do expect them to surprise teams this year and to actually take themselves out of the bottom 10. I think they may even flirt with the playoffs for about 40 or 50 games.

Boeser looks bulked. My cousin called today, and he's a Calgary fan, and he said he is Brett Hull 2.0. And I could tell it was hard for him to say.

Pettersson is in my opinion going to be a stud. There is no denying that he can easily do exactly what Brock Boeser did last year or even more.

Several guys are coming off of bad years where their values went down significantly. They know what's coming... this is their last chances in many cases before they fall off the NHL radar.

And many of the veterans are going to be on tight leashes.

No more 15 game goalless droughts. There will be finally players in the AHL ready to replace them if they don't perform.

Granlund, Hutton, Gaunce, Gudbranson, Gagner, et al... are all going to be looking over their shoulders this season.

Dissapointments will not have the same wiggle room any longer. And injured players might return to their jobs finding that they've been taken. No more free rides.

It's survival of the fittest. And that's what makes teams improve.

Thanks given by:
This team will compete for a playoff spot IF 1.) Boeser gets some help offensively from the other guys and 2.) If they stay healthy.

The guy that needs to step up the most imo is Jake Virtanen. This is a huge year for him.

Thanks given by:
(2018-09-16, 11:10 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: This team will compete for a playoff spot IF 1.) Boeser gets some help offensively from the other guys and 2.) If they stay healthy.

The guy that needs to step up the most imo is Jake Virtanen. This is a huge year for him.

This will be a huge year for him.
Virtanen's breakout year!
My Honda Civic has an Infinite Improbability Drive

Thanks given by:
(2018-09-16, 10:53 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: Boeser looks bulked. My cousin called today, and he's a Calgary fan, and he said he is Brett Hull 2.0. And I could tell it was hard for him to say.

Boeser's arms look pretty muscular in this video of the team media availability (1:05:50):

Thanks given by: