Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPL Match Day 1 (Spoilers)
Gunners open up early with Lacazette slotting home a beauty of a header only to see the Foxes double up within 30 minutes. 

Quick game, and if I'm being honest, 2-1 right now is against the run of play. Still, pretty good match so far.
Thanks given by:
Welbeck brought it back level right before half, and now, it's 3-2 Leicester. Not sure who did it, but this is awesome! Such amazing defensive play!

Side note, the two guys in the first half swearing up a storm being caught on mic have likely been told to keep it down or have been moved, I don't hear them anymore.
Thanks given by:
Super exciting game to watch

The better team won in the end. Giroud is an awesome weapon to have on the bench, Lacazette was great, Kolasinac was arguably our best player, and Ozil was terrible.

Good opener to the season. Hopefully the rest of the weekend is as exciting
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(2017-08-11, 05:04 PM)encore Wrote: Super exciting game to watch

The better team won in the end. Giroud is an awesome weapon to have on the bench, Lacazette was great, Kolasinac was arguably our best player, and Ozil was terrible.

Good opener to the season. Hopefully the rest of the weekend is as exciting

Not sure I'd try to argue that.  Although letting in both those Vardy goals was bad defending, Kolasinac looked real good.  Free as well eh?  Well ain't that special.  

https://streamable.com/bmw4u
Thanks given by:
Good morning to be a Gunner.

Let's give credit where credit is due.  Leicester are a good side and Mark Albrighten can deliver a ball.  Every ball into the box by that lad is a dagger.

As for the Gunners, our right side in defence was Monreal, Holding, Bellerin....and let's just say that Leicester were confident going forward on the left.  To write that we were small, and soft on the right side is to be kind.  Holding had a rough game hilited by several turnovers.  The youngster is trying to learn the Arsenal way to play out from the back, but, doesn't have the quick mind, or skill set to pull it off yet.  The opposition will key on that weakness and close him down quick.

Ozil was off, but even when it's not happening for him, he plays his part in the possession game.  I'm starting to see what Arsène sees in Granit Xhaka ...two lovely assists on the night in a generally strong match.  This is his year to make the leap, and I believe it's in him.  I fear that Coquelin has been found out, and has slipped into a Cup duty role this season.
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
Really wanted to pvr ManU today....couldn't find the tv coverage.  Utd, not televised, on opening day?
Thanks given by:
......aaaaaaaaaand Chelsea crap the bed vs. Burnley......Burnley....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
.....aaaaand Liverpool drop points to Watford....
In honour of Miltonred.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Hammers get spanked 4-0 Sad
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
United looked every bit the part against West Ham. But then, West Ham are not top 4, and so Jomo went for it.

I LOVE that we have Lukaku up front who can turn on a guy in a second and blow by him, or, lay it off to a Rashford/Miki/Martial who'll blow by a defender on their own. Mix in a Mata who is so creative and sneaky.

Matic was boss, Pogba was allowed to create, it was great to see.

Hope they can keep it up!
Thanks given by:
(2017-08-14, 10:33 AM)theDC Wrote: United looked every bit the part against West Ham. But then, West Ham are not top 4, and so Jomo went for it.

I LOVE that we have Lukaku up front who can turn on a guy in a second and blow by him, or, lay it off to a Rashford/Miki/Martial who'll blow by a defender on their own. Mix in a Mata who is so creative and sneaky.

I read somewhere that Utd. fielded the most expensive starting 11 in the history of football yesterday.
Thanks given by:
(2017-08-14, 11:29 AM)Arsenal Wrote:
(2017-08-14, 10:33 AM)theDC Wrote: United looked every bit the part against West Ham. But then, West Ham are not top 4, and so Jomo went for it.

I read somewhere that Utd. fielded the most expensive starting 11 in the history of football yesterday.

Hmmm, could be, sure. Though with this market, not sure how much that stat means anything.
Thanks given by: