Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empty Seats.
(2017-05-23, 04:59 PM)minigunn Wrote: I blame the NHL. The playoffs should be over by now. Stanley Cup should be awarded no later than May long weekend. Shorten the season by two weeks. Then you'd still see people in the stands. The season is just too damn long. Greedy Owners and greedy NHL have made it into a bit of a joke. Hockey in June sucks.

The playoffs used to end in May, I don't know why they're stretching into June now
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-23, 04:59 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 04:11 PM)Limestoner Wrote: I feel I should stand in solidarity with my brethren hockey fans from the Ottawa Valley against the onslaught of a few very bitter sounding rivals who each individually may or may not be associated with a fanbase who; a) throw home team jerseys on the ice, and/or; b) have sucked and been irrelevant for decades, and/or; c) burn down cities.

Why do 'yall care so much?

signed: Hab, Flame, and Jets fans
Grin

Didn't Montreal start the whole burning down cities trend? At least Vancouver rioted after losing the Cup. Montreal burned their city after a player attacked a linesman. Bunch of animals if you ask me.

Near as I can tell the only ones chirping about Ottawa's attendance are the groups I've mentioned.

Nice try though. Wink
Thanks given by:
They added on for or five more games at one point. Gretz and those guys only played 79. But the NHL does not care one bit about traditions or records or any of that. Just $$$$$$ - so now no cup finals til June. It's a tough choice to watch or not if your team isn't in and it is a beautiful summer day outside. End of May used to still be semi winter half the time and it was no contest.
Thanks given by:
Not really mini. They played 80 in 1976, and 82 in 1986
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-23, 05:05 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 04:59 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 04:11 PM)Limestoner Wrote: I feel I should stand in solidarity with my brethren hockey fans from the Ottawa Valley against the onslaught of a few very bitter sounding rivals who each individually may or may not be associated with a fanbase who; a) throw home team jerseys on the ice, and/or; b) have sucked and been irrelevant for decades, and/or; c) burn down cities.

Why do 'yall care so much?

signed: Hab, Flame, and Jets fans
Grin

Didn't Montreal start the whole burning down cities trend? At least Vancouver rioted after losing the Cup. Montreal burned their city after a player attacked a linesman. Bunch of animals if you ask me.

Near as I can tell the only ones chirping about Ottawa's attendance are the groups I've mentioned.

Nice try though.  Wink

It doesn't count when 2 of the 3 teams signing the letter don't even have fans on the site. 

Looks like Lime has been too busy forging signatures to join the chirping!
Thanks given by:
We had a meeting with representatives from each of the groups.

I'll post the minutes later...
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-23, 05:00 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 04:59 PM)minigunn Wrote: I blame the NHL. The playoffs should be over by now. Stanley Cup should be awarded no later than May long weekend. Shorten the season by two weeks. Then you'd still see people in the stands. The season is just too damn long. Greedy Owners and greedy NHL have made it into a bit of a joke. Hockey in June sucks.

I agree. There is so much to do in Ottawa this time of year!

Like watching Justin Trudeau run shirtless, or watching Justin Trudeau walk shirtless, or watching Justin Trudeau swim shirtless, or watching Justin Trudeau sleep shirtless, or just watching Justin Trudeau.

you forgot paddle his canoe shirtless
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
Justin's been around here lately.  

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39989986

probably jealous of certain marine wildlife hogging the limelight.   Wink

I don't know about you, but don't mind having a prime minister who does real things (and healthy activities).  
You certainly couldn't imagine Harper getting exercise of any kind.  I mean, what would he wear?
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-23, 05:47 PM)nicky Wrote: Justin's been around here lately.  

I don't know about you, but don't mind having a prime minister who does real things (and healthy activities).  
You certainly couldn't imagine Harper getting exercise of any kind.  I mean, what would he wear?

Harper helping clean up in High river

Attached Files
.jpg   harper.jpg (Size: 24.59 KB / Downloads: 40)
Thanks given by: nicky
I actually prefer a PM who does his job & does, you know, Prime Minister stuff as opposed to some flake who's best known as the selfie king, but that's just me.

The same people who shit on Trump for golfing too much don't mind Justin constantly taking pictures with 13 year old girls like he's a pop star. Weird
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-23, 05:58 PM)Bong13 Wrote:

Ya but would he look good doing it in a speedo?

I think not!
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-23, 06:07 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 05:58 PM)Bong13 Wrote:

Ya but would he look good doing it in a speedo?

I think not!
Uh...speak for yourself weirdo.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83 , TheOilerFan83
(2017-05-23, 06:02 PM)CTS Wrote: I actually prefer a PM who does his job & does, you know, Prime Minister stuff as opposed to some flake who's best known as the selfie king, but that's just me.

The same people who shit on Trump for golfing too much don't mind Justin constantly taking pictures with 13 year old girls like he's a pop star.   Weird

like Trump?   Laugh

So far he appears to do his job.  

And it's good Harper turned up help in Alberta.  

I'm not sure if he actually appeared in public in BC for any reason.   He must have.  at some point.  maybe. 
I think there's been more sightings of sasquatches than Harper in this province.

I don't pay much attention to celebrity culture. I can't even reliably tell the Kardashians apart. Silly So I don't really see all this selfie king stuff. I saw this and the one in Tofino at the beach.
That takes him a few moments. Unlike Trump's golf games.
You could probably fit all the photos Trudeau has appeared in since taking office into 3 holes for the Donald.

I just know the coast guard is back in BC, the scientists can speak publicly, etc. that kind of thing. Harper's conservatives were a rather creepy sort of family that you'd want to call social services on.
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-23, 05:14 PM)Bong13 Wrote:

Like watching Justin Trudeau run shirtless, or watching Justin Trudeau walk shirtless, or watching Justin Trudeau swim shirtless, or watching Justin Trudeau sleep shirtless, or just watching Justin Trudeau.

He wrestles beavers and hipsters too, all while shirtless.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-23, 06:24 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 05:14 PM)Bong13 Wrote:

He wrestles beavers and hipsters too, all while shirtless.

Anyone who wrestles beavers is an idiot and not fit and proper to lead a country. 

You think seals are vicious? A beaver will **** you right up.
Thanks given by: