Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations
What are your expectations for the Raptors this season? 

I liked what they did in the off-season. CJ Miles was a really good addition on the wing and Anunoby is being called one of the steals of the draft. I'm looking forward to seeing Delon Wright take on a bigger role and having an entire season of Ibaka is a very good thing. 

I think the Raptors are firmly in the top 5 in the East, but where I don't know. Cleveland, whether they finish 1st or not, is still the favourite. In fact, they are probably a better team then they were last year. Their second unit is better then some team's starting lineups. Boston is also better, but they've been sloppy in pre-season and I think it's going to take them until December/January to start clicking. Nobody is really talking about Washington, but they have one of the best back courts in the NBA as well as one of the most underrated players in Otto Porter. Milwaukee rounds out the top 5, and Giannis is probably the best player in the East not named LeBron.

A good season for the Raptors would be a top 4 finish and a first round victory. Realistically it's hard to imagine them beating Cleveland or Boston in a playoff series, but I think they could make it competitive against the Celtics.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
3rd in East...second round of playoffs
Thanks given by:
2nd or 3rd and 3rd in playoffs
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Thanks given by:
2nd round playoff team. Encores assesment is spot on.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
They should be a 2nd round playoff team, but if they happened to face say Milwaukee or Washington or even Charlotte, it's not a given.

I think they could put Boston out in a tight series as well. East after Cleveland is pretty wide open IMO.

Here's hoping LeBron finally gets hit by the injury bug lol

Interesting to see 538's projections for this season

Cavs
Wizards
Celtics
Hornets
Raptors
Bucks
Heat
76ers

Magic
Pistons
Pacers
Knicks
Nets
Bulls
Hawks

Warriors
Rockets
Thunder
TWolves
Spurs
Nuggets
Clippers
Jazz

Pelicans
TBlazers
Grizzlies
Lakers
Suns
Mavericks
Kings
Thanks given by:
I honestly think Irving is overrated. Cleveland was shite without Lebron and Irving leading it. He's improved but I don't think its enough to have the ability to go deep
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: