Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite whiskey?
For me it's gotta be:

[Image: ci-jameson-irish-whiskey-c31f346b1bd3ac7...=jpeg&q=20]

Mix it with coke and it tastes awesome. Crown used to be my go-to but I like Jameson more now.
Thanks given by:
I used to enjoy whiskey (rye) when I was younger. Don't like it at all anymore.

We did tour the Jameson distillery in Dublin last summer which was pretty cool. I sampled a Jameson & ginger which wasn't too bad
Thanks given by:
I really enjoy Canadian Club 41 year old, but at $280.00 a bottle I don’t buy too many.

My more affordable go to of choice is Crown Royal XO.
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-14, 09:38 PM)Widowmaker Wrote: I really enjoy Canadian Club 41 year old, but at $280.00 a bottle I don’t buy too many.

That would cut in to the 5 figure watch budget, wouldn't it?
Thanks given by:

.jpeg   DD7C86BF-CF4B-41DE-8A52-633AEED69275.jpeg (Size: 16.19 KB / Downloads: 85)    

My two favorites.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-14, 09:45 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 09:38 PM)Widowmaker Wrote: I really enjoy Canadian Club 41 year old, but at $280.00 a bottle I don’t buy too many.

Nah, that watch was paid for years ago.

Good call on the Blanton's NS.
Thanks given by:
I actually enjoy Chivas, I like the hint of a sweet aftertaste
Thanks given by:
I got introduced to a few Japanese whiskeys last year. Good stuff!
Tokay Coffey 12 year is a gem!

Auchentoshan makes 3 nice single malts as well at an affordable price point.

Oban just came out with a $40 single malt that I plan on trying this weekend.
When you have, share. When you can, do. When you need, ask. Celebrate everything!
Thanks given by:
Occasionally I like a smoke-bomb like Laphroiag. For slightly less smokey, Johnnie Walker Black. For a more affordable but still good scotch; McClelland's Islay.

For Canadian whiskeys, I usually buy Gibson's Finest Rare.

Jameson is good for Irish whiskeys.

I think I've given up on bourbons. I just don't like them as much as a similarly-priced scotch or a less-expensive Canadian. But I'm willing to try.

But the important thing is none should be mixed with anything. Putting whiskey in Coke is for children.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 08:12 AM)Widowmaker Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 09:45 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

Nah, that watch was paid for years ago.

Good call on the Blanton's NS.

I originally bought a bottle of Blanton’s for my dad years back and paid $80 for a bottle. Tried it and liked it however I didn’t want to pay $80’s for my own bottles. Found it in the LCBO a couple of years later for about $50 a bottle so I bought 3. Just finishing my last bottle and looked to restock however now it’s $70 a bottle.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 08:36 AM)Hieremias Wrote: Occasionally I like a smoke-bomb like Laphroiag. For slightly less smokey, Johnnie Walker Black. For a more affordable but still good scotch; McClelland's Islay.

For Canadian whiskeys, I usually buy Gibson's Finest Rare.

Jameson is good for Irish whiskeys.

I think I've given up on bourbons. I just don't like them as much as a similarly-priced scotch or a less-expensive Canadian. But I'm willing to try.

But the important thing is none should be mixed with anything. Putting whiskey in Coke is for children.

I was gifted a Breville Smoke Gun for Christmas and have used it more for adding smoke to drinks then to meat and food. Last weekend I put a snifter of bourbon and a piece of cheese under a glass dome and filled it with oak wood smoke for a nice fancy afternoon snack.
Thanks given by:
Lagavulin or Laphroig for single malts. Lately, I've been enjoying Dewar's White Label. Its cheap, but has a very light taste.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." - Jim Carrey
Thanks given by:
bourbon...any will do.
Thanks given by:
Basil Hayden's bourbon is really smooth. Probably my favourite now. Blanton's is delicious too. My boos just completed the racing figure collection. 12 I believe.
Thanks given by:
Any whiskey-appreciation thread that starts with "mix it with coke and it tastes awesome" has a steep uphill climb to get back to respectability.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , CaperLeaf , CuttingEdge , Lagavulin , Isaia
(2019-05-15, 11:25 AM)Bo Dangles Wrote: Any whiskey-appreciation thread that starts with "mix it with coke and it tastes awesome" has a steep uphill climb to get back to respectability.

To be fair, I think most peoples' journey into the world of whiskey starts with it being mixed in coke or watered down with a wedge of lemon.

It's not just something you pick up one day and start drinking.

I enjoy Crown's Harvest Rye.  Great price point and flavour.

A few months back I took the whiskey tour at the Gretzky Winery / Distillery.  Product there was a giant steaming pile of dog poo.  In my opinion.
"These things have a way of working themselves out. I'm gonna let the liquor do the thinking."
Thanks given by:
I drink mine straight. No ice. Occasionally, I'll add a drop of two of water depending on the whisky.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." - Jim Carrey
Thanks given by: GloryYrs70s
Co-op operates a World of Whiskey store in downtown Calgary that has one of the largest selections of Whiskey that I have ever seen. They have whiskey tastings every Friday afternoon and have everything from the $30.00 bottles of Crown Royal to the Balvenie 50-year old which will run you about $40,000.00. (That one would really cut into my watch money)
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 11:53 AM)Widowmaker Wrote: Co-op operates a World of Whiskey store in downtown Calgary that has one of the largest selections of Whiskey that I have ever seen. They have whiskey tastings every Friday afternoon and  have everything from the $30.00 bottles of Crown Royal to the Balvenie 50-year old which runs almost $40,000.00.

That would go down really nice with some Cola and ice.
Thanks given by: colonel mustard
For scotch, Lagavulin. I very rarely drink rye. I do like Jameson Irish whiskey for Irish coffee and picklebacks. I like Connemara Irish whiskey - another fabulous peat with a drop or two of water.
Thanks given by: