Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fearless predictions and fond wishes
Always fun to see how people think the coming season will play out as well as what they'd like to see happen. So here's my contribution:

predictions:

- Mete scores 5+ goals (the goal scoring Svengali will teach him how to shoot the puck)
- Lehkonen scores 20+ goals (he's got it in him and once he stops gripping his stick so tight they'll go in)
- Kotakaniemi gets 45+ points (I wanted to go higher but thought I'd keep it conservative)
- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

- Juulsen earns a permanent spot on the blueline
- Drouin finds his game and plays up to his ability on a regular basis
- Price brings his A game this year
- Kincaid gets his mojo back
- Danault breaks his scoring record from last year
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-12, 04:36 PM)myron.selby Wrote: Always fun to see how people think the coming season will play out as well as what they'd like to see happen. So here's my contribution:

predictions:

- Mete scores 5+ goals (the goal scoring Svengali will teach him how to shoot the puck)
- Lehkonen scores 20+ goals (he's got it in him and once he stops gripping his stick so tight they'll go in)
- Kotakaniemi gets 45+ points (I wanted to go higher but thought I'd keep it conservative)
- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

Awesome predictions, that I so want to come true, especially Lehks.

In fact, I think they're all realistic, except for JD, unfortunately.  

I just don't have a lot of faith he's got what it takes to realize his potential, hope he proves me wrong.
Play not to lose, build around Carey, sell hope, make money.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-12, 05:55 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 04:36 PM)myron.selby Wrote: Always fun to see how people think the coming season will play out as well as what they'd like to see happen. So here's my contribution:

predictions:

- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

I just don't have a lot of faith he's got what it takes to realize his potential, hope he proves me wrong.

I wonder how JD would do alongside Poehling. He's got McKinnon's big body to make some room for the slick playmaker. Besides, if he can keep up his scoring pace, there will be lots of assist opportunities.
Thanks given by:

predictions:

- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

Overall realistic predictions.
My wish for Kincaid is that he plays 5 more games than Niemi and Lindgren combined and he brings 5 more wins than them.
Both Poehling and Suzuki make the big team.
Enough talent to play a very strong 4th line that allows the team to continue with the uptempo game of last year.
The late resurgence of the PP occurred about the same time Weal and Danault started to get PP time. They not only get more time on the PP, the PP nets at least 15 more goals than last year, enough to at least be middle of the pack.
"Only one thing matters in life, and it's the cup"  
                                            - Caresse Crosby

Thanks given by:
(2019-08-12, 06:11 PM)on2ndthought Wrote:

predictions:

- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

I wonder how JD would do alongside Poehling. He's got McKinnon's big body to make some room for the slick playmaker. Besides, if he can keep up his scoring pace, there will be lots of assist opportunities.

I think Scriptor proposed Poehling  Domi  Drouin as a line, and I'd say it has a lot of potential.  

You never know until they play together if they're going to mesh, but you can certainly see it has the makings of a pretty good line...  

IF it works and CJ keeps it together, that should take a lot of pressure off the Tatar Danault Gally line, and maybe even spark a PP combo...

Habs only hope of making the playoffs is finding chemistry early, getting off to a good start.
Play not to lose, build around Carey, sell hope, make money.
Thanks given by:

predictions:

- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

All good vibes and I hope those predictions come true!
Quote:Reg Dunlop - " Boy, every piece of garbage that comes into the league, you gotta buy it."

Thanks given by:

predictions:

- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

Love it..... optimistic to say the least, but so much better than the doom and gloom boys !!

All doable....but the stars have to be aligned .

KEEP THE FAITH !!!
Thanks given by:
Prediction: a disappointing 84 point season featuring injuries to key guys, like Domi and Gally as the grind gets to them. A front office and head coach shake up at the end of February.

Fond wishes:
a healthy season for all and a #1 LD falling into the Habs collective lap at a steal and a way above normal season for all 23 regulars, resulting in a Cup parade and Bergevin being extended to infinity and beyond.
Thanks given by:
Fearful prediction: Aho scores hat trick in first game of season

Fond wishes: it was 1989 again
Thanks given by:
Fearless prediction: Suzuki and Poehling make the team and the Habs provide fans with an entertaining season.

Fond wishes: it will all be good enough to secure a playoff spot. Caufield will somehow find a way into the lineup for a few games.
Thanks given by:
Predictions:
Short-term: Drouin gets more points than Domi this season.
Long-term: Sidney Crosby will be a Hab at some point in the next few years.

Wishes:
Anytime: Team announces purple third jersey promo
Thanks given by:
Predictions:
- Mete scores his first goal around the 60 game mark
- Domi falls back to around 60-65 points
- Kotkaniemi forces the issue and become a good 2nd or even first line C
- Lehkonen finishes around 30 points

Fond wishes:
- 2 of Weber, Price, and Drouin traded and an actual rebuild is started
- Kotkaniemi plays at a point per game pace
- Bergevin fired
Thanks given by: Gerry Pigeon
Predictions:
- Domi settles in at around 60pts but still plays like a ball of fire
- Drouin continues to middle in the 55 pt range to our dismay
- Kotkaniemi hits 70+ points and becomes #1C

Wishful thoughts:
- Poeling and Suzuki get a chance to play 3rd line minutes
- an injury free 45 pt season for the Captain
- We win a few rounds in the playoffs
- management finds a way to actually spend to the cap in a way that makes the team younger and better
Thanks given by:
Predictions:
Habs half way to meeting (and passing) Leafs' 52 year reign of futility.

Wishful thoughts:
Organization finally honours the greatest GM in their history (no, not Marc Bergevin) Sam Pollock, in a meaningful way.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-12, 07:34 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote:

predictions:

- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

I think Scriptor proposed Poehling  Domi  Drouin as a line, and I'd say it has a lot of potential.  

You never know until they play together if they're going to mesh, but you can certainly see it has the makings of a pretty good line...  

IF it works and CJ keeps it together, that should take a lot of pressure off the Tatar Danault Gally line, and maybe even spark a PP combo...

Habs only hope of making the playoffs is finding chemistry early, getting off to a good start.

Was me...if u like the idea

Scriptor...if its a bad idea Wink

But since Shaw has been traded, seeing our depth at C, and knowing how CJ is with bringing rookies along slowly....I came Up with the idea. But I would bet $ its 4th line for Poehling
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-13, 07:27 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:

predictions:

- they make the playoffs

fond wishes:

Scriptor...if its a bad idea  Wink

But since Shaw has been traded, seeing our depth at C, and knowing how CJ is with bringing rookies along slowly....I came Up with the idea. But I would bet $ its 4th line for Poehling
Only if that means you liking my idea and claiming it was yours, in the end Wink

I'm just kidding, but considering how many possible lineups I've been known to come up with, I'm pretty certain I must've mentioned that one at some point  Laugh 

There are tons of possibilities, really, and that's just a sign that talent seems to have been added to the cupboards, even if the youngsters still need to prove their mettle before they are truly anointed as part of the solution going forward.

That's a good feeling.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Fearless predictions:
- Weber misses at least 30 games (again)
- Mete gets 25 points - all assists
- Habs finish 4th in the Atlantic (again)

Fond wish:
- Mete Price finally scores a goal
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 11:03 AM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 07:27 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 05:55 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote: Awesome predictions, that I so want to come true, especially Lehks.

Scriptor...if its a bad idea  Wink

Only if that means you liking my idea and claiming it was yours, in the end Wink

I'm just kidding, but considering how many possible lineups I've been known to come up with, I'm pretty certain I must've mentioned that one at some point  Laugh 

There are tons of possibilities, really, and that's just a sign that talent seems to have been added to the cupboards, even if the youngsters still need to prove their mettle before they are truly anointed as part of the solution going forward.

That's a good feeling.

dude I am the first to bring this line combo up, waaay before you ever did (altho I honestly don't recall ever reading one of your posts with this suggestion. I have been saying it since Shaw was traded)

wanna fight about it!!!

end of the day our great minds will probably be disappointed with managements line up Wink
Thanks given by:
Fearless predictions:

McCarron does not make the team
Habs will have trouble scoring in games that count just like last year unless Poehling,Suzuki make the team and have impressive seasons.
Kotkaniemi gets his first road goal and has more than 45 points.
Thanks given by:
I hate predictions cause I always either over expect or under expect and it drives me nuts cause I just don't know if I really feel that Domi will score 80pts or if he will barely get to 60pts

BUT I don't mind giving you my wishful thinking...cause that's effortless and without stress.....

Habs do better then the Leafs in the standings
Thanks given by: