Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Federer's back to #1!!!!
Oldest #1 in tennis history, 3 years older than Agassi when he clinched the top spot for the last time. Incredible.
Thanks given by:
I think Federer is one of the most dominant athletes of all time (better tennis player than MJ was basketball player, than Gretzky was hockey player, etc...)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
The greatest athlete of his generation.

Thanks given by:
Disagree with bic, but still quite an achievement and have been thinking this might be possible for a couple years now. Glad it did happen!
Thanks given by:
Its obviously tough to compare athlete dominance between any two sports let alone between a team sport and an individual sport.

With that said, Gretzky was so far above everyone else in his sport (until Lemieux came along) that I think he was more "dominant" than Federer (vis-a-vis how much better Federer has been than his peers).

An amazing athlete though, no doubt.
Thanks given by:
He's definitely the greatest male tennis player of all time. There's no debate against that now.

It's hard to compare dominance across other sports though. I will say that I would probably rank Serena Williams as a more dominant athlete then Federer. It's not taking anything away from Roger, but there have been countless times where Williams has looked down and out in a match and something clicks, and it doesn't matter what stage the match is at, Serena will win.

It's too hard to compare too other sports, especially team sports.
Thanks given by: