Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel so picky when it comes to TV shows
Sad 
When it comes to movies I will watch almost anything as long as it's somewhat interesting but for TV it has to to hook me within the first few episodes or I'm out. I like about 4 or 5 shows right now and have trouble getting into anything else. Is anyone else like this? Would rather watch old reruns of seinfeld or whatever other 90s sitcom I can find. 

Currently my favorite shows are 

Suits
Homeland
FBI
Good Doctor
Jack Ryan

I've watch other shows like wayward pines and the missing and also been into them for the time they were on. I just can not get into GOT, Breaking Bad or the Walking dead. I see the appeal for others just not my shows lol

Also I'm bad for watching a first season being totally hooked on it and then fading out come season 2. Quantico, Goliath and Glow have all done this to me.
Thanks given by:
Wait, this post implies that Quantico "hooked you within the first few episodes, no?
Thanks given by: Sportking , Sportking
(2019-08-13, 09:55 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Wait, this post implies that Quantico "hooked you within the first few episodes, no?

It was a different type of show. Kinda thought they would go somewhere with it. It is outlandish for sure. I'm a big fan of the Recruit movie with Colin Farrell so was hoping it would be a tv series more like that.

Eventually it just got too silly to watch. I mean Suits is too but at least it entertains me with good characters
Thanks given by:
I'm choosy, too. However, with all the content these days, almost everyone has a few shows they can enjoy.
On the animated front, I laughed my ass off at Disenchantment (Netflix). I really have enjoyed Grace and Frankie (so I'm an old fart, sue me) and loved Mike Douglas and Alan Arkin in The Kominsky Method.
As far as sci-fi goes, I've had a ball watching The Orville and look forward to Picard next year.
On the Brit front, I've watched a ton. Faves are Doc Martin, Line of Duty, Unforgotten, and Bancroft.
I avoid all "reality" programs. Idiots in stupid situations simply doesn't appeal, no matter the title.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-13, 09:39 PM)Sportking Wrote: I just can not get into GOT, Breaking Bad or the Walking dead. I see the appeal for others just not my shows lol

Damn, you missed out on one of the all-time greats.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-13, 10:27 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 09:39 PM)Sportking Wrote: I just can not get into GOT, Breaking Bad or the Walking dead. I see the appeal for others just not my shows lol

I know and it's what I would like more than the other two. I'm going to try giving it another go
Thanks given by: TheNumber13
I liked Breaking Bad but didn't love it as much as most - its not up there with the likes of Wentworth, 6 Feet Under and The Wire for me.
Thanks given by:
I wish there were five shows that I was into because I can't watch more than 1 episode of anything now.  I liked the Chernobyl series, but other than that, I'll watch the occasional episode of Seinfeld and that's about it.

Netflix became pointless for me, as I have not been able to get into films, either, so I cancelled it last month.
Thanks given by:
my problem is, I get into too many shows. my PVR gets overloaded, and I can never stay caught up.

even bad shows, I keep watching, because I gotta see where it goes.

Quantico was one however, that I gave up on, and took it off of automatic recording into my PVR. made it to the mid season break of season 1, and couldn't take any more.
Thanks given by:
You can't be that picky if FBI and Good Doctor are in your short list...
Thanks given by: Bong13
(2019-08-13, 11:00 PM)Chris D Wrote: Quantico was one however, that I gave up on, and took it off of automatic recording into my PVR.  made it to the mid season break of season 1, and couldn't take any more.

We put in like 18 plus episodes - couldn't believe it just kept going and going and going, it was like a never-ending season and it was just awful. We have up 2/3 through the first season.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-13, 10:24 PM)Cal Wrote: I'm choosy, too. However, with all the content these days, almost everyone has a few shows they can enjoy.
On the animated front, I laughed my ass off at Disenchantment (Netflix). I really have enjoyed Grace and Frankie (so I'm an old fart, sue me) and loved Mike Douglas and Alan Arkin in The Kominsky Method.
As far as sci-fi goes, I've had a ball watching The Orville and look forward to Picard next year.
On the Brit front, I've watched a ton. Faves are Doc Martin, Line of Duty, Unforgotten, and Bancroft.
I avoid all "reality" programs. Idiots in stupid situations simply doesn't appeal, no matter the title.

Grace and Frankie is a great show.
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
(2019-08-13, 10:28 PM)Sportking Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 10:27 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:

I know and it's what I would like more than the other two. I'm going to try giving it another go

I am like you it took me quite a few episodes to get into Breaking bad but once I got hooked..I agree one of the all time greatest shows..I still think they could have carried on. I heard better call Saul is decent may check that out.
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
Quantico was intriguing for a couple episodes but there were so many dumb plot twists it quickly got ridiculous.

A lot like WCW back in the day for wrestling fans.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 08:41 AM)Hieremias Wrote: You can't be that picky if FBI and Good Doctor are in your short list...

I dunno, they are both well written have compelling characters with good storylines. 

The wife and I enjoy both of them.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-13, 11:00 PM)Chris D Wrote: .....I keep watching, because I gotta see where it goes.

What everyone says about The Walking Dead
Thanks given by:
I usually just wait till a season is over and see if it's renewed. Then I will binge watch it.
One thing I hate is watching a show just to see it get cancelled half way through.

Ive pvrd a show ,it got cancelled half way through, so I just deleted it
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 03:51 PM)Candy_Line_up Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 11:00 PM)Chris D Wrote: .....I keep watching, because I gotta see where it goes.

What everyone says about The Walking Dead

I quit shortly after Negan showed up. I have the books to let me know where it all ends and they're far superior anyway
Don't fool yourself each and every cheer for the Raps is a cheer for Drake. 
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 07:37 PM)MDMN1017 Wrote: I usually just wait till a season is over and see if it's renewed.  Then I will binge watch it.  
One thing I hate is watching a show just to see it get cancelled half way through.

Ive pvrd a show ,it got cancelled half way through, so I just deleted it

That or when they change the premise of the show.

Legends with Sean Bean was a completely different show the second season
Thanks given by: