Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Flames in China
[Image: QepicGu.png?1]

The Flames are expected to take mostly vets on this trip, 26 guys in total.

Snet is expected to carry the games at 1230am and 530AM.
Human says inside or outside. 3rd option - stand in doorway and sniff air.
Thanks given by:
Matty is excited about the year and the upcoming trip.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/flames-offs...ct~1479165
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
(2018-09-05, 02:46 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Matty is excited about the year and the upcoming trip.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/flames-offs...ct~1479165
It doesnt sound like he wants to talk contract, considers it a distraction -

@AAVickers
Matthew Tkachuk, on contract talks: "I'm not really going to talk about that stuff during the year. It's just in the way. I feel like it's something that doesn't really need to be... I don't know if we'll be talking throughout the year." #Flames

@AAVickers Tkachuk (cont): "They were saying something about if something isn't figured out this summer then wait until next summer, which is fine. I just want to focus on hockey this year because I feel like it gets in the way of doing something special with this group." #Flames
Thanks given by: Nanuuk
Yeah Chucky is sounding very mature and his comments on the changes the Flames made and getting that chemistry going on this trip were bang on. I'm thinking he'll have mature physically in the off season and will be a wee bit harder to handle this year. Ditto for Benny, Mony, and Janks.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: Bully
Flames announce roster for ORG NHL China Games

Interesting that Klimchuk, Peluso, Hathaway, and Lazar are on the trip. Might not mean anything, but could mean everything for the 4L wings.

On D, Andersson joins the other 7 D on the roster.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
I was reading comments today by Coach Peters. Just because you're not going to China doesn't mean we think less of you or that you're not in our thoughts. Look at Boeser last year. Better opportunity presented itself by staying at home.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-08, 06:38 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: I was reading comments today bt Coach Peters. Just because you're mot going to China doesn't mran er think less of you or that you're not in our thoughts. Look at Boeser last year. Better opportunity presented itself by staying at home.

I'm thinking if Monahan goes to China, he probably has made the team  Mischief
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
An article in today's Sun about how the Flames analyzed who goes to China (training camp 1) and who stays in Calgary (camp 2) and why. The feeling is that guys like Mangiapane will see more ice in more situations to allow the Flames to assess them better.

https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey/nhl...e-in-china
-Eleanor Roosevelt
There is a super typhoon on the way to Hong Kong and Shenzhen. Currently slated to hit late Saturday so game should still be good to go.

Don’t want to see my tickets go
To waste.

Boys better get on a flight pretty quick up to Shanghai after the game though.
The morning paper said that both the Flames and Bruins had delays clearing customs (lots of equipment) and had to cancel their first practice. Hopefully both teams will be able to get enough work in before they play. And hopefully that typhoon (or the rain it brings) doesn't spoil the trip.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Wow. The latest shows that Typhoon Mangkhut is larger and stronger that Hurricane Florence that is about to hit the Carolinas.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/asia/supe...index.html
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Yep it’s big. Hong Kong news saying most powerful typhoon ever on record to come this way.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 05:24 AM)himmelblau Wrote: There is a super typhoon on the way to Hong Kong and Shenzhen. Currently slated to hit late Saturday so game should still be good to go.

To waste.

Enjoy the game himmel... I trust you won't be cheering for the Bruins???

Take cover and stay safe if that typhoon hits!
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-13, 09:50 AM)Beerisfood Wrote:
(2018-09-13, 05:24 AM)himmelblau Wrote: There is a super typhoon on the way to Hong Kong and Shenzhen. Currently slated to hit late Saturday so game should still be good to go.

To waste.

Enjoy the game himmel... I trust you won't be cheering for the Bruins???

Take cover and stay safe if that typhoon hits!

I will be an agnostic observer. Just happy to see live hockey this far away from home.

Would rather the flames then bruins though being a leafs fan. I like the other Canadian teams with the exception of Ottawa Montreal and Vancouver. I wish no success on any of those three.

Always pulling for Bennett as well as an ex Frontenac. Hopefully he blossoms this year. I remember the comparisons to Gilmour a bit when he was in Kingston. Hopefully he finds the next gear.
Thanks given by: KNilsson14 , Bully , Bully
Flames line-up for game #1. According to Peters, Lindholm is playing 1RW as he will take all face-offs for Monahan due to his off season wrist surgery. I find the 3rd line combo interesting.

FORWARD LINES

Johnny Gaudreau-Sean Monahan-Elias Lindholm

Matthew Tkachuk-Mikael Backlund-James Neal

Michael Frolik-Derek Ryan-Austin Czarnik

Sam Bennett-Mark Jankowski-Garnet Hathaway

Morgan Klimchuk-Curtis Lazar-Anthony Peluso

DEFENCE PAIRINGS

Mark Giordano-TJ Brodie

Noah Hanifin-Travis Hamonic

Brett Kulak-Michael Stone

Dalton Prout-Rasmus Andersson

GOALTENDERS

Mike Smith

Jon Gillies

Nick Schneider
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
I thought Monahan was a hundred percent healthy , never felt better ?
Thanks given by:
The ice should be garbage. It’s like 40+ with the humidity in advance of the typhoon today and tomorrow. Couple that with I’m sure pretty lackluster ice making skills. Hope for no injuries.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk , FlameFilosi4
Yeah me too. However, Peters says..

“They’re both going to play on that line at different times,” Flames head coach Bill Peters told reporters after the skate, their only tune-up for Saturday’s exhibition matinee against the Boston Bruins. “I’ll give you full disclosure — the reason Lindy is going to be there tomorrow is we’re not going to have Monny take any faceoffs. Coming off wrist surgery, he’s not going to take any faceoffs, so Lindy is going to play on that line and take ’em all — both left side and right side.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: