Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agency
Going through the pairings, I like them, a little on the fence about some combos, but overall, I can deal with starting the season with this.

However, what happens when the big three go down? And you know, these three will be out of the lineup for significant portions of the season. I speak of Tanev, Edler, Myers. What does our defense look like when they are out for thirty five games?

Hughs Benn
Stetcher Biega
Fantenberg Utica
Utica

That group makes me nervous, and I can't help but think how much we could use a guy like Schenn in our depth. It's not that I think this defense is bad, it's just small. It will get run down, worn down, and out matched on a physical level every night. We need a little more toughness on the back end to get through the injuries.

I really hope we can leverage a few forwards for another defense man. I know there isn't a lot of value there in tradeable assets, but a big bad defenseman is exactly what this team needs now. I hope it's not Pheneuf, but I'd rather have him than nobody at this point. Who knows, maybe Benning can pull a rabbit from a hat and get a Bowmeister or a Hainsey for a combo of Baer, Goldobin and Schaller. A Ristolainen would be perfect, but I'm not picky at this point. Just another big defenseman is all I want.
Thanks given by:
juolevi will be the 1st call up if he doesn't make the club opening day, he may still have defensive issues but he is still miles ahead of everyone else in Utica
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
Yeah, but Juolevi ain't hitting anyone, or playing physical, in the early days of his career at least. This team needs a physical presence at all times, injuries or not.
Thanks given by: Highstyx
(2019-07-13, 04:31 PM)Nipsy Wrote: Going through the pairings, I like them, a little on the fence about some combos, but overall, I can deal with starting the season with this.

However, what happens when the big three go down? And you know, these three will be out of the lineup for significant portions of the season. I speak of Tanev, Edler, Myers. What does our defense look like when they are out for thirty five games?

Hughs Benn
Stetcher Biega
Fantenberg Utica
Utica

That group makes me nervous, and I can't help but think how much we could use a guy like Schenn in our depth. It's not that I think this defense is bad, it's just small. It will get run down, worn down, and out matched on a physical level every night. We need a little more toughness on the back end to get through the injuries.

I really hope we can leverage a few forwards for another defense man. I know there isn't a lot of value there in tradeable assets, but a big bad defenseman is exactly what this team needs now. I hope it's not Pheneuf, but I'd rather have him than nobody at this point. Who knows, maybe Benning can pull a rabbit from a hat and get a Bowmeister or a Hainsey for a combo of Baer, Goldobin and Schaller. A Ristolainen would be perfect, but I'm not picky at this point. Just another big defenseman is all I want.

The trick is this.... DON'T all go down at the same time!!! LOL

Take turns... and let some of the young guys come up one at a time, for a week or 2...

See, all fixed!!!

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Gettin to know the Fantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5TQjfZ...ture=share
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare die"
Thanks given by: C_Squared