Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GSP returning to UFC
nope
Thanks given by:
(2017-05-11, 09:12 PM)CTS Wrote: Good.  Romero deserves the shot anyways.

So when Romero wins the MW belt, will GSP still want to fight for it?

I agree, I doubt GSP ever returns TBH.

I think it was all a publicity stunt
Thanks given by: Bong13 , Bong13
GSP says October is the earliest he's eligible to fight because of USADA testing. Plus he has other commitments.

I'll believe he's returning when I see him in the Octagon.
Thanks given by:
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/dana-white-...itle-fight

So now GSP will return to WW to fight the winner of Maia - Woodley for his old belt.

Bullshit!   I'll believe it when I see it & honestly I don't wanna see GSP fight again.

He'll be 40 by  the time he gets the match up he likes & actually steps into the cage!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I was kind of on the fence with GSP's return, but now would just prefer he stay "retired". Any interest I did have, is completely gone.
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-29, 08:36 AM)Superlube11 Wrote: Yeah, I was kind of on the fence with GSP's return, but now would just prefer he stay "retired". Any interest I did have, is completely gone.

Same....The bisping fight would have been interesting. Woodley doesnt do it for me.
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-30, 01:14 PM)Sportking Wrote:
(2017-06-29, 08:36 AM)Superlube11 Wrote: Yeah, I was kind of on the fence with GSP's return, but now would just prefer he stay "retired". Any interest I did have, is completely gone.

Same....The bisping fight would have been interesting. Woodley doesnt do it for me.

Apparently Dana White concurs as he said GSP will fight Bisping, not Woodley as nobody wants to see Woodley fight. I feel bad for Woodley as he was forced to fight Maia who spent the majority of the fight on his knees trying to take Woodley down. Woodley fought smart, but smart does not equal excitement. I think Lawler's victory over Cerone puts him in line for a rematch with Woodley and could be a fight that can showcase Woodley's power and striking.
Thanks given by:
Jon "bones" Jones with the head kick to knockout Cormier to finally shut his big mouth..! glad he is back
Thanks given by:
(2017-07-30, 09:55 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote:
(2017-06-30, 01:14 PM)Sportking Wrote:

Apparently Dana White concurs as he said GSP will fight Bisping, not Woodley as nobody wants to see Woodley fight. I feel bad for Woodley as he was forced to fight Maia who spent the majority of the fight on his knees trying to take Woodley down. Woodley fought smart, but smart does not equal excitement. I think Lawler's victory over Cerone puts him in line for a rematch with Woodley and could be a fight that can showcase Woodley's power and striking.

A part of me agrees, but at the same time Tyron didn't try anything at all to win thatfight. He easily defended every last take down attempt which should have given him enough confidence to attack at least a few times without the fear of being submitted. Instead we got stuff takedown-circle out-feint, feint-circle out-stuff takedown, etc.

Although I also firmly believe that styles make fights, A guy that claims to be the best in the world shouldn't need a certain kind of fighter to showcase himself. I fully expected it to be a slower, more methodical fight, that's the way Maia is and his grappling dominance puts a lot of guys off, but I still expected more out of Woodley. He had plenty of opportunities to explode and put Demian away...or at least try to anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: Bong13 , Bong13 , Justaleafan
(2017-07-30, 10:55 AM)SNLeafaholic Wrote: Jon "bones" Jones with the head kick to knockout Cormier to finally shut his big mouth..! glad he is back

Jones is an awesome fighter. Would be nice to see him have his shit together for good so we can watch him roll like he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Oh, and it looks like GSP/Bisping is back on. Lol, Dana can't make up his damn mind. He was quite pissed at Woodley over his performance which seemingly convinced him to go back to the original Plan A.
Thanks given by:
NOV 4 MSG
Thanks given by:
Georges just signed the contract, so it'll be official.
Thanks given by:
Its in NYC and I'll be in NYC when this fight takes place.
Thanks given by: