Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Game Thread: 2018-2019 season random great plays, bloopers, hits etc. Thread
Those goals by Arvedson and Chabot gave me a boner.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
I despise MMA and Boxing.  I have no interest in any of that shit.

To be honest, with the current direction the sport is taking, I doubt I'll even be watching hockey 10-years from now.  Once McDavid leaves the Oilers, in 8 or so more seasons, then that will probably be it for my interest in the sport.

To me, violence is integral to the game, it's inherent in the sport, and that feeling anything can happen on the ice is one of the aspects that make the game exciting.  Whether or not the players are "real fighters" is completely irrelevant.

Though, I admit, it got a little bit ridiculous when the fighters could not even play hockey anymore.  With these huge enforcers that could barely skate, it just turned into a nuclear arms race of toughness.  

Staged fights were pretty lame because there was no purpose to it other than the novelty of seeing which tough guy was the toughest.  I am more interested in the hatred and violence that grows organically throughout the course of a game, or a playoff series. When someone goes too far, tempers flare, all hell breaks loose, this is hockey at its best. 

I want to see more hatred and violence, not friendly rivalries between little twats like Kane and Matthews.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-08, 01:31 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 01:24 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 01:21 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 01:06 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 03:07 AM)bicboi Wrote: Now that's a fun amount of on ice jokes, no dumb fists being thrown over a celebration

Is the league so watered down by this nanny state that we're now hoping for friendly rivalries?

I want to see bloody rivalries, not funny ones.

Come watch MMA, punches have no place in hockey they tarnish the sport

Punches have no place in hockey?  Then what the **** have we been watching for the last hundred years?

Literally meat heads trying to be tough. When i think about "role players" who would wrap their fists up under their gloves it makes me laugh. Stop trying to be fighters, go in a boxing ring if you think you're a warrior. What exactly does punching someone have to do with putting a puck in the back of the net?

Like I get it, its fun to see violence on the ice, but rhe game is high speed and violent enough without players pretending to be fighters. But I for one love the direction of the game, like the actual sport of hockey being played. I'm watching Boston man handle the Sens right now, I would rather the team respond with a goal then someone trying to punch out their players

Besides we could use more people in the MMA and boxing threads, you'd like it imo

Have you watched Ice Guardians?
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-08, 02:17 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 01:31 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 01:24 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 01:21 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 01:06 PM)Fritz Wrote: Is the league so watered down by this nanny state that we're now hoping for friendly rivalries?

I want to see bloody rivalries, not funny ones.

Come watch MMA, punches have no place in hockey they tarnish the sport

Punches have no place in hockey?  Then what the **** have we been watching for the last hundred years?

Literally meat heads trying to be tough. When i think about "role players" who would wrap their fists up under their gloves it makes me laugh. Stop trying to be fighters, go in a boxing ring if you think you're a warrior. What exactly does punching someone have to do with putting a puck in the back of the net?

Like I get it, its fun to see violence on the ice, but rhe game is high speed and violent enough without players pretending to be fighters. But I for one love the direction of the game, like the actual sport of hockey being played. I'm watching Boston man handle the Sens right now, I would rather the team respond with a goal then someone trying to punch out their players

Besides we could use more people in the MMA and boxing threads, you'd like it imo

Have you watched Ice Guardians?

Naw bro, never heard of it. Worth checking out?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Ice Guardians is definitely worth checking out.  It was on Netflix a few months ago when I watched it, so I am sure it is still there now.
Thanks given by:
You should definitely check it out. It’s a fantastic documentary about fighting in hockey.
Thanks given by:
Ice Guardians

Thanks given by: Fritz
a few tidbits...

Yesterday the Blackhawks streak of 44 consecutive wins in games where both Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane score has come to an end.

Today Robin Lehner gets a shutout in his first game as a New York Islander.

Your first NHL Three Stars of the Week of the new season: Matthews, Toews, Bishop.

Tonight’s Anaheim Ducks home opener will not feature Getzlaf, Perry or Kesler. Ouch, that's arguably their 3 top players.

Chicago and Toronto score 4 goals in 2:14 between end of third period and overtime. That was an insanely fun game to watch.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.
Thanks given by:
I noticed that Erik Karlsson played over 28 minutes today with no points, 2 shots on net and was -3 in the 4-0 loss to Buffalo.

On the year, in 3 games, one assist, 7 shots on net and a -4.

Tough start for Karlsson - maybe the Sharks were reading their own press clippings and need to remember that any team can lose to any other team in the this league.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-08, 03:58 PM)bchippie Wrote: a few tidbits...  

Yesterday the Blackhawks streak of 44 consecutive wins in games where both Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane score has come to an end.

Today Robin Lehner gets a shutout in his first game as a New York Islander.

Your first NHL Three Stars of the Week of the new season: Matthews, Toews, Bishop.

Tonight’s Anaheim Ducks home opener will not feature Getzlaf, Perry or Kesler. Ouch, that's arguably their 3 top players.

Chicago and Toronto score 4 goals in 2:14 between end of third period and overtime. That was an insanely fun game to watch.

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

I think I picked the Ducks to make the playoffs, too.  Might have to revise that.

Though, Perry is not very productive these days anyway, even when he is healthy.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-08, 06:55 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I noticed that Erik Karlsson played over 28 minutes today with no points, 2 shots on net and was -3 in the 4-0 loss to Buffalo.

Tough start for Karlsson - maybe the Sharks were reading their own press clippings and need to remember that any team can lose to any other team in the this league.

It's early but even the previous 2 games he hasn't looked good.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-08, 06:55 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I noticed that Erik Karlsson played over 28 minutes today with no points, 2 shots on net and was -3 in the 4-0 loss to Buffalo.

I'd love for the Sharks to just squeak into the playoffs and Karlsson come back to Ottawa lol
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Karlsson starting to suck???????? Oh how terrible for the Sharks...............Grin

At least they didn't over-pay let's be honest, but with that said the package the Sens received is looking decent as both Tierny and DeMelo have fit in nicely and are contributing offensively so far in the first 3 games.
Thanks given by:
There will be an adjustment period, but I think Karlsson will be just fine in San Jose.  It's an adjustment for their entire defense to add such a significant piece, too.
Thanks given by:
Similar to the Oilers and adding Kyle Brodziak - i get it now.
Thanks given by:
Yes, it will take the rest of the Oilers a little time to adjust to Brodziaks' blazing speed.

Seriously, though, Brodziak absolutely sucks...
Thanks given by:
Who wore it better?

Thanks given by: Fritz , MisterZ , GloryYrs70s
It's Gore-Tex!!!
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
(2018-10-08, 08:01 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: Who wore it better?

[Image: h78028E3E]
Thanks given by:
Joe Pavelski is one point shy of 700 career points. He's got two goals so far tonight against the Flyers.
Thanks given by: