Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Game Thread: 2018-2019 season random great plays, bloopers, hits etc. Thread
Toronto literally scores at will.  I hate them with an absolute passion,  but they are damn impressive.

I would trade Edmonton's roster for Toronto's in a heart beat.  Leafs fan would laugh at me & rightfully so
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-09, 09:10 PM)CTS Wrote: Toronto literally scores at will.  I hate them with an absolute passion,  but they are damn impressive.

I would trade Edmonton's roster for Toronto's in a heart beat.  Leafs fan would laugh at me & rightfully so

I wouldn't laugh at you at all. It would be a sensible deal if it was available to you and you took it.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-09, 09:10 PM)CTS Wrote: Toronto literally scores at will.  I hate them with an absolute passion,  but they are damn impressive.

"Leafs fan would laugh at me & rightfully so" Not one Leafs fan would take that deal. They would be insane to do so.
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
Lol this Toronto roster is insane in their fire power. Can't remember a more impressive offensive team, maybe the Caps team that had Semin score 40 that one season?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
The Leafs have actually scored less goals and given up more goals through 4 games than they did last year.

Last year through 4 games:

22 GF - 16 GA.

This year through 4 games:

20 GF - 17 GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-09, 11:11 PM)Pouzar Wrote: The Leafs have actually scored less goals and given up more goals through 4 games than they did last year.

22 GF - 16 GA.

20 GF - 17 GA.

That's interesting actually, but it's way they're winning games that makes them look so explosive. Scoring 7 goals two games in a row definitely helps your image as a highly offensive team. Not only that, but their star players have been the ones scoring goals, they don't even need any secondary scoring with the way Matthews, Tavares and Marner are playing right now.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-09, 11:11 PM)Pouzar Wrote: The Leafs have actually scored less goals and given up more goals through 4 games than they did last year.

22 GF - 16 GA.

20 GF - 17 GA.

All that offence has come from our top 6 guys for the most part with the exception of a empty netter from Brown and a couple of goals from the defence.  Our 3rd line this year hasn't been producing squat so far.  Imagine if we could add Nylander with Kadri to go up against team's 3rd pairings.   SN devil

Thanks given by:
(2018-10-08, 06:55 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I noticed that Erik Karlsson played over 28 minutes today with no points, 2 shots on net and was -3 in the 4-0 loss to Buffalo.

On the year, in 3 games, one assist, 7 shots on net and a -4.

Tough start for Karlsson - maybe the Sharks were reading their own press clippings and need to remember that any team can lose to any other team in the this league.

There we go - more what people expected from the Sharks. An 8-2 win with a couple of points from Karlsson.
Thanks given by:
Auston Matthews has 10 points in 4 games, but has been outscored at 5v5 when on the ice.

Via Corsica... he has been on the ice for five 5v5 goals for the Leafs, and seven 5v5 goals for the Leafs opponents.

This has come in just over 60 minutes of 5v5 time.
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
Teams have played 4 games already while the Oilers do not play their 2nd game until tomorrow.  I kind of hate starting the season in Europe.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-10, 01:31 PM)bchippie Wrote: Auston Matthews has 10 points in 4 games, but has been outscored at 5v5 when on the ice.

Via Corsica... he has been on the ice for five 5v5 goals for the Leafs, and seven 5v5 goals for the Leafs opponents.

This has come in just over 60 minutes of 5v5 time.

All I take from that is don't let TML go on the PP or you're screwed lol
Thanks given by:
Canes thought the center ice solute to the fans was dull so they came up with a new way of celebrating after a win. LOL, I kinda' like it. Why not.

23 more years.
Thanks given by:
That was cool to see. I hope they do a slip n slide kinda thing on their stomachs across the ice. Bonus points to whomever makes it the farthest. When you have shitty management, its never a bad idea for players to do wacky fun stuff to keep the fans engaged. Definitely hope I see this with the Sens.
Thanks given by:
Can't wait for the first game-winning celebration injury. Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-10, 01:46 PM)Fritz Wrote: Can't wait for the first game-winning celebration injury. Laugh

Could be part of secret tankin plans disguised as engaging the plans. Too bad the Sens can't do that Sad
Thanks given by:
Man, Svechnikov looks like a gooder. I feel so old when I think of a 2000-born player in the NHL... jeez. When I first started covering sports, there were players born in 1988.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-10, 02:13 PM)lewis94 Wrote: Man, Svechnikov looks like a gooder. I feel so old when I think of a 2000-born player in the NHL... jeez. When I first started covering sports, there were players born in 1988.

I was doing a survey for some project, for my age range I selected something other than 18-24 for the first time...felt incredibly weird. Top ranked 2019 prospects like Hughes, Kakko, and Cozens were all born in the year 2001...random stats like that make give me unfortunate reminders of growing up
Thanks given by:
The start of the season and all the penalties being called is exactly why I don't want 2 minute penalties running 2 full minutes even if someone scores.

This is all the same conversations we were having about the leafs last year. Itll taper off.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
With his second goal tonight, Ovechkin has passed Bobby Hull for 17th in all time goals scored. This guy's getting better and better every year.
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-10, 11:10 PM)bchippie Wrote: With his second goal tonight, Ovechkin has passed Bobby Hull for 17th in all time goals scored. This guy's getting better and better every year.

Man I hope Ovie hits 50 this year. Not that it matters since he won the cup and goal scoring race, but finishing at 49 is annoying to look at, 50 is a nice even # to finish at lol
Thanks given by: