Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: 2018-2019 season random great plays, bloopers, hits etc. Thread
Damn! That's no accident. His body language says he knew exactly what he was doing.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Yeah I would say he meant to do that
Thanks given by:
Totally on purpose.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-15, 12:17 AM)topgun Wrote: I'm happy for the Sens fans that Brady Tkachuk is living up to his draft position. I know you guys have been through a lot and seeing a guy like him succeed overcomes the crazy antics of the ownership to a certain extent. 

I'm one of the Canucks fans that didn't want Brady Tkachuk because his stats , the playing style were similar to Ryan Kesler at the same ages and in the same leagues as they graduated to the NHL. 

Prior to the draft I had watched Brady play about 5 or 6 times and to me he had/has Kesler written all over him. That's not a bad thing at all. Kesler plays centre and Brady is a winger and there is value added to players that can play the centre position. That was just my assessment.

Aside from that the Canucks needed help on the back end and in a draft that was loaded with defensemen in the top half of the first round so I didn't want Tkachuk for those reasons as well.

I'm happy for the Sens fans that it's working out for them and I'm happy that Quinn Hughes is a Canuck pick at a position where we need the most help. Time will tell hw things play out.

Not that I would be disappointed to get a player like Kessler, but I found your comparison interesting, so I looked into it a bit. I think Tkachuk has a much higher ceiling than Kessler personally.  

Aside from draft position:

- Kessler got some seasoning in the AHL first, Tkachuk is proving that he didn’t need it. 
- Tkachuk has already scored more points in his first NHL season than Kessler has.  In just 4 games.   
- Not that I expect him to keep up this pace (120 points), but that would be more points than Kessler collected over his first 4 seasons in the NHL by quite a lot (81). Barring injury, he will likely score more points in his rookie season than Kessler did in his first 3 combined (44). 
- I am not sure what kind of usage Kessler got out of he gate, but Tkachuk has been relied upon in all aspects of the game, including the PK, and has not looked out of place.  

Now Kessler did have a lockout shortened season in there, and I agree that Centre is a much more important position, but still...

I think Brady has a very legit shot at ROY.
Thanks given by:
(Today, 07:00 AM)MisterZ Wrote: Damn! That's no accident. His body language says he knew exactly what he was doing.

I was watching Rattie's reaction to see if he had any surprise/hesitation and he was already going for puck and getting ready to shoot before puck was bobbled. Think they've done that play in practice before. Maybe first time it happened in practice it was an accident, but their reactions were too calm for it not meant to happen
Thanks given by: MisterZ
Wow. That was definitely done on purpose... I'm gonna search the internet for that clip so I can appreciate it at full speed. That must have been a spectacle.
Thanks given by:
(10 hours ago)Lumbergh Wrote: Wow.  That was definitely done on purpose... I'm gonna search the internet for that clip so I can appreciate it at full speed.  That must have been a spectacle.

When it first happened, I think the vast majority thought it was a bobble that happened to end up on Rattie's stick - I don't think anyone appreciated that it might be done on purpose until it was slowed down.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it was definitely on purpose. His fake release was at half speed to ensure some level of control on the “bobble”.

Dude is as creative as they come.
Thanks given by:
Yup, that's why I called him the best player in the league pretty much after his rookie season.

Without him, the Oilers don't have a point to their name this season. He is definitely the best IMO and Matthews will need more than just a spectacular start in my mind to enter that conversation.
Thanks given by:
McDavid is an absolute beast lol that bobble pass thing was insane!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Canucks are 4-2-0 on Canada’s legalization day!
Thanks given by: