Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Aves at Leafs
post all the advanced stats you'd like I've been saying it since day 1: I hate Jake Gardiner and I can't wait til he's no longer a part of this team. boooooooooooooooooooooooo
Bautista deserved worse.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-14, 09:43 PM)Sportking Wrote:
(2019-01-14, 09:32 PM)YVR Leaf Wrote: I wonder if they even realize how embarrassing their play was

Like I say, I think a closed door meeting is required to refocus on what team they want to be.

"That putrid Montreal team is only 3 points behind us."
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-14, 09:12 PM)tmleafer Wrote:
(2019-01-14, 09:06 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote: I don’t like the fans booing Gardiner when he touches the puck. He feels bad enough.

Agreed.

He's our 2nd best defenceman, has been here longer than anyone else (I believe), loves Toronto, and only makes ~4M. People wonder why some players have zero interest in playing here... you have a guy making several million under market value, actually having a very good season, but he makes a mistake in a game and gets booed.

He helps you win a lot more games than he loses you.

That kind of play can be overlooked and understood on a rookie or younger defender, but is it not fair to expect a veteran defender to learn from his mistakes? Sometimes players just get outworked, but it seems to happen with Gardiner too often (not that I'm complaining lol, hope the leafs sign him long term even if its at a bargain deal!)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Gotta say, I didn't see much to like in that game.
I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by: hobster
I'm not saying Gardiner didn't screw up but it's pretty easy to see what happens with him sometimes. On the goal tonight he had body position on Soderberg and went to push the puck to himself, he committed himself to that play but whiffed on the puck and couldn't regain body position after that. It works the majority of the time but looks terrible when it doesn't, it looks nonchalant and careless and it is but it also helps him retain possession 90% of the time.

I get that not everyone likes him but we need either a confident Gardiner or a tradeable Gardiner and the morons booing him aren't going to get us either of those.
Thanks given by: CuttingEdge , hobster , tmleafer
Leafs need to get on the road for a few games. They seem to play better and different on the road

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
OVER TO YOU, SHANNY!!!!
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
Anybody hearing an 18 wheeler starting up?
Thanks given by:
Glad I missed this one.  Yikes!

Thanks given by:
MacKinnon makes $6.3 mil., Marleau $6.25 mil., sure glad TO has the all-character, team leader Marleau rather than an on ice leader and productive player like MacKinnon, kudos to LL and Babs.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-15, 06:11 PM)hobster Wrote: MacKinnon makes $6.3 mil., Marleau $6.25 mil., sure glad TO has the all-character, team leader Marleau rather than an on ice leader and productive player like MacKinnon, kudos to LL and Babs.

Cant tell if you are joking or serious but if you are that was the worst hot take I've ever seen on this site
Thanks given by:
^^^^Pretty sure sarcasm was at play.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-15, 06:59 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote: ^^^^Pretty sure sarcasm was at play.

Pretty sure it wasn't.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by: