Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Calgary @ Vancouver, 1/6/17
[Image: The-number-numbers-22189114-1732-1732.jpg]

An 8-pointer home-and-home series with the Calgary Flames begins tonight at Rogers Arena.  Two wins and the Canucks leap over the Flames in the standings, regaining contact with the teams in the Western Conference's wild card race.  Two losses and the Canucks fall 11 points behind the team from the Foothills.

No pressure.

The lineup remains the same as that which beat the Coyotes on Wednesday, with Ryan Miller to get the start in net.

Puck drops at 7 PM (SNET).

Go Canucks Go!
Thanks given by: C_Squared , nicky
Yep no pressure at all. lol
Thanks given by:

Hopefully, they don't start dancing and singing.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 03:40 PM)abdemarco Wrote: [Image: The-number-numbers-22189114-1732-1732.jpg]

An 8-pointer home-and-home series with the Calgary Flames begins tonight at Rogers Arena.  Two wins and the Canucks leap over the Flames in the standings, regaining contact with the teams in the Western Conference's wild card race.  Two losses and the Canucks fall 11 points behind the team from the Foothills.

No pressure.

The lineup remains the same as that which beat the Coyotes on Wednesday, with Ryan Miller to get the start in net.

Puck drops at 7 PM (SNET).

Go Canucks Go!

Go Canucks Go....

And just for the record.... if our boys win two games, they might STILL be behind the Foothill boys ( with two OT wins we get 4 points , they still get 2... a nett of only 2 points ).

Also, if they beat us twice in regulation they only move up by 7 points... not 11 ( wouldn't want those Flamer fans to get TOO excited, now would we... ). 

All that said, let's just win one game in regulation tonight... and then another one in regulation tomorrow... and all the silly math stuff will take care of itself...  Grin

So much for the perfect GDT eh Ab... ;Wink ... At least we got that out of the way early!!!

BTW... we seem to be short of a few Canuck posters in the Vancouver forum lately... 

Funny how that happens... 

The Canucks come out of the break on a low... and facing a tough game against LA... and the usual suspects were there... ready to pick up where they left off prior to the XMAS break ( check the LA GDT ). 

Since that win against LA and 4 more on the trot, all's quiet on the Whine-stern Front...   Laugh Laugh

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by: Marsh
DROP THE PUCK !!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO !!!!!

[Image: FLMAESSUCK.jpg]
Thanks given by: C_Squared
I smell cow crap in town. Smells a lot like Calgary.
Thanks given by: C_Squared
Fact:

The Canucks have only lost 2 games this season when both Edler and Tanev have been in the lineup this season.
Thanks given by: Highstyx
Mike Chaput ties the game.
Thanks given by:
Chaput with the equalizer! Nice fourth line contribution!
Thanks given by:
I just like saying "Sha-poo"

Go Canucks Go!!!
My Honda Civic has an Infinite Improbability Drive

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 10:34 PM)C_Squared Wrote: I just like saying "Sha-poo"

Go Canucks Go!!!

He scores against the cow poo.
Thanks given by:
Eriksson just like he planned it, ha!
Thanks given by:
2-1

Loui with the lucky bounce.
Thanks given by:
I hope Tanev is ok. It looked like he took the puck in the side of the ribs.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-06, 10:04 PM)topgun Wrote: Fact:

The Canucks have only lost 2 games this season when both Edler and Tanev have been in the lineup this season.

Let's hope Tanev comes back. He looked to be in pain.  Sad
He's had some bad luck this season.

Now have to kill off the Flames. I mean kill off the penalty.
Freudian Slip

Thanks given by:
Shorthouse bringing Bannister and Landy into the play by play. A subtle tribute to the first sub 4 minute mile at Old Empire Stadium. Long before I was born but Savary was about 40 back then Wink
Thanks given by:
Flames lead in shots 11-6 after 1

Faceoffs the Canucks lead 13-7

Thanks Manny Malhotra. Manny needs to be promoted.
Thanks given by: nicky
(2017-01-06, 10:51 PM)topgun Wrote: Flames lead in shots 11-6 after 1

Faceoffs the Canucks lead 13-7

Thanks Manny Malhotra. Manny needs to be promoted.

Flames lead in icing calls 14-1

Thanks given by: nicky
John Shannon just said that the Canucks are 9-2-1 with Tanev in the lineup. That's freakin' amazing.

It's like the stat that John Shorthouse said back in the day that the Canucks winning percentage is over .700 with Sami Salo in the lineup (that is a crazy stat)
Thanks given by: C_Squared , nicky
Not a great 1st but canucks still lead 2 - 1.

[Image: FlamesSUCK.jpg]
Thanks given by: