Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: GDT: Habs return to Nassau County Coliseum
(2019-03-16, 12:07 PM)Expat_habsfan Wrote: This isn't Drouin's fault because he isn't the caliber of player the Habs' brass are trying to make 'us' believe he is. I think same sort of thing happened to Kessel in Beantown and Hogtown. Kessel is a really good player but he's not type guy who can put the team on his back. Even today he still has his 'bad' moments where I'm sure Malkin wants to punch him in his 'fat' face but the team knows that he's there to fulfill a specific role and as long as he does what's expected most games they accept his deficiencies because it helps them to win cups.

Drouin should be treated the same way but in Habsville it can't be done because there isn't any Crosby or Geno to really lift the team. So we watch him go out and do way too much stuff on way too many shifts that results in nothing and then he just starts playing like he's waiting for the clock to run out.

I really believe that Drouin needs better players around him to lift him up because he's incapable of doing it on his own and there isn't a coaching trick in the book that can fix this. My attitude is that you can't get angry at rock for being a rock.

I believe this is the definition of "bang on". 

So it's good CJ has JD playing with KK tonight.  

Since KK is obviously the future difference maker, JD can get used to riding his coattails early  Grin
Thanks given by:
(2019-03-16, 12:23 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote:
(2019-03-16, 12:07 PM)Expat_habsfan Wrote: This isn't Drouin's fault because he isn't the caliber of player the Habs' brass are trying to make 'us' believe he is. I think same sort of thing happened to Kessel in Beantown and Hogtown. Kessel is a really good player but he's not type guy who can put the team on his back. Even today he still has his 'bad' moments where I'm sure Malkin wants to punch him in his 'fat' face but the team knows that he's there to fulfill a specific role and as long as he does what's expected most games they accept his deficiencies because it helps them to win cups.

Drouin should be treated the same way but in Habsville it can't be done because there isn't any Crosby or Geno to really lift the team. So we watch him go out and do way too much stuff on way too many shifts that results in nothing and then he just starts playing like he's waiting for the clock to run out.

I really believe that Drouin needs better players around him to lift him up because he's incapable of doing it on his own and there isn't a coaching trick in the book that can fix this. My attitude is that you can't get angry at rock for being a rock.

I believe this is the definition of "bang on". 

So it's good CJ has JD playing with KK tonight.  

Since KK is obviously the future difference maker, JD can get used to riding his coattails early  Grin
Definitely he looks much better beside MacKinnon...
We should praise him a lot ,Maybe Colorado falls for it Happy  Drouin + juulsen +1st for you all know what  !