Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Game #46: Colorado vs Habs - 7PM - SNet, TVASports and assorted pirated streams
(2019-01-13, 12:47 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 12:33 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Leafs fans aren't currently very happy with Nylander. I'm pretty sure most would do it, one VS one.
I've gone on their forum in the past and said it would cost Nylander a first and a second. Straight up for one another, not a chance.

You'd want more than Nylander, alone, for Weber, then?

Nylander and Sandin for Weber. Would you do that?

In two years:

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Nylander
Drouin - Poehling - Gallagher
Tatar - Danault - Suzuki
Byron - Evans - Ylonen

Armia

Romanov - Petry
Sandin - Brook
Mete - Juulsen
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 12:47 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 12:33 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Leafs fans aren't currently very happy with Nylander. I'm pretty sure most would do it, one VS one.

I've gone on their forum in the past and said it would cost Nylander a first and a second. Straight up for one another, not a chance.

I'd definitely trade Weber for Nylander or Marner.  I know it wouldn't be a 1 for 1, but these are two very potent offensive weapons and we all know that Weber, as great as he is, is on the decline compared to those two guys.

BUT

That having been said, we all know that there is no way in hell MB is trading Weber.  I honestly can't see him doing that whatsoever as things currently are...  even for one of those guys. Weber is here for the long haul and we'd better get used to it.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 10:35 PM)PK 2.0 Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 10:22 PM)RightNyder Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 10:20 PM)Mavid Wrote: Wonder if Swedish Jesus is going to teach those turds a lesson or two..I hope so

Who's up for trading Weber for Marner and adding Swedish Jesus via free agency?

Weber for Marner? Straight up or throw in Domi.

They would never do that. If u watch the Leafs he is more important then Matthews. U can get Nylander or Kasper for Weber. Thats the most they would offer. So no thanks.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 09:57 AM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 09:27 AM)habs001 Wrote: Now that it looks like that Habs will not get a top five pick but more of a 3 year away type player their unexpected rise this season to be a  middle of the road type team fighting for a playoff spot may cause them not to make trades for futures.If the Habs are in the same position in the standings at the trade deadline as now it is very unlikely MB will be a seller.So having a "fun season" may be great but it probably will not help for the future.

A meteorite travels in the galaxy. It may or may not destroy humanity...

Habs001....

U understand that our GM is retooling ans not rebuilding. So you, and all these fans, who dream of MB trading Weber, Petry, Tatar, Price etc etc ...IT WAS NEVER IN THE PLANS. It doesnt matter if they make or dont make the playoffs. Those guys r going nowhere. (Well maybe Tatar if someone gives us 3 draft picks lol)

So like RN keeps saying....we better hope we make the playoffs, cause even if out there will be minimal being traded. And many of u will be disappointed.

No one wanted our D we waived
I can see Benn being traded.
Doubt anyone wants Shaw due to injuries
Offer for Petry would have to be off the charts

They are A LOT of quality players available this trade deadline from other teams. U wont see teams offer a 2nd for our 4th line C (ie Pleks) this season as those offers will go to really good players available. Of which we will have none
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 04:10 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 10:20 PM)Mavid Wrote: Wonder if Swedish Jesus is going to teach those turds a lesson or two..I hope so

They would never do that. If u watch the Leafs he is more important then Matthews. U can get Nylander or Kasper for Weber. Thats the most they would offer. So no thanks.

Love Marner, but he's got Tavares to play with, which makes him that much more productive, not to mention the Leafs PP.

It will be interesting to see where all these offensive stars on the Leafs end up in 3-5 years.  I bet Nylander's long gone, and producing just fine, enough to draw comparisons to Matthews and Marner, as they're likely retained.  So who draws the short straw, other than Nylander?  Would Babcock part with Kadri?  Do they make room by dealing Marleau?
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 04:21 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote:

Love Marner, but he's got Tavares to play with, which makes him that much more productive, not to mention the Leafs PP.

It will be interesting to see where all these offensive stars on the Leafs end up in 3-5 years.  I bet Nylander's long gone, and producing just fine, enough to draw comparisons to Matthews and Marner, as they're likely retained.  So who draws the short straw, other than Nylander?  Would Babcock part with Kadri?  Do they make room by dealing Marleau?

'Love Marner, but he's got Tavares to play with'

Oh please. Tavares needs Marner alot more than Marner needs Tavares. Marner is a top 5 player in the league.
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 04:29 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 04:21 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 10:22 PM)RightNyder Wrote: Who's up for trading Weber for Marner and adding Swedish Jesus via free agency?

'Love Marner, but he's got Tavares to play with'

Oh please. Tavares needs Marner alot more than Marner needs Tavares. Marner is a top 5 player in the league.

Agree totally.  

Didn't mean to imply Tavares is carrying Marner, more like the other way around from all the highlights I see.  

Just saying that Tavares is actually an excellent fit,  a complementary player for Marner.  Most of the highlights seem to have Marner with the puck, initiating the play, while Tavares either sets up in the open for a shot, or follows for the rebound.   So Marner benefits by getting plenty of assists cause Tavares knows how to complement.

Unlike our PP, where guys stand in the corner behind the goal line...sigh.

EDIT: In fact, JT shows a very shrewd mind. Leave the Isle to play at home, leaving an extra year off the contract in exchange for a better shot at Cup glory, not to mention the extra revenue he can accumulate coming home to be the hometown hero. And it's such an easier path too. He doesn't have to be "the guy" on his team (Matthews job) or even on his line! Marner is playing like gangbusters, gunning for the next contract, and just enjoying finding out how good he can be. All Tavares has to do is skate to open ice or follow the mess of D-men chasing Marner, and pot the juicy rebound. Very shrewd JT. Easiest homecoming for "the saviour" ever. Carey has it 100 times harder.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 04:20 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 09:57 AM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 09:27 AM)habs001 Wrote: Now that it looks like that Habs will not get a top five pick but more of a 3 year away type player their unexpected rise this season to be a  middle of the road type team fighting for a playoff spot may cause them not to make trades for futures.If the Habs are in the same position in the standings at the trade deadline as now it is very unlikely MB will be a seller.So having a "fun season" may be great but it probably will not help for the future.

A meteorite travels in the galaxy. It may or may not destroy humanity...

Habs001....

U understand that our GM is retooling ans not rebuilding. So you, and all these fans, who dream of MB trading Weber, Petry, Tatar, Price etc etc ...IT WAS NEVER IN THE PLANS. It doesnt matter if they make or dont make the playoffs. Those guys r going nowhere. (Well maybe Tatar if someone gives us 3 draft picks lol)

So like RN keeps saying....we better hope we make the playoffs, cause even if out there will be minimal being traded. And many of u will be disappointed.

No one wanted our D we waived
I can see Benn being traded.
Doubt anyone wants Shaw due to injuries
Offer for Petry would have to be off the charts

They are A LOT of quality players available this trade deadline from other teams.  U wont see teams offer a 2nd for our 4th line C (ie Pleks) this season as those offers will go to really good players available. Of which we will have none

I do keep saying things a lot, don't I?

And we absolutely better make the playoffs. First, because I'll selfishly say we deserve it as devoted fans. If we slip into the post-season, even the curmudgeons like myself will be covered in rainbow sprinkles.

"Well, maybe this is the year Price actually does carry us."
"You know, Vegas went on a run last year."
"(Insert opponent) isn't really that much better than us."
"If we win one round, who knows?"

etc.

That hope, however unrealistic, is what keeps us coming back, even after 25 years of futility.

Second, if we don't make the playoffs, MB is a failure... again. If we end up with the 13th pick and no playoffs, what's the point? We get another 'maybe' player who's at least two or three years away, as Price and Weber edge into their mid-30s. Joy. A handful of playoff games and the 17th pick is much, much better, to me anyway.

Plus, it would mean MB can't even live up to his stated #loweredexpectations. As always, the time to have kick-started this process was 2016. If you are the best team in the league with one player, and the worst without him, you have massive fundamental flaws. Can the shytgibbon, get a nice return for Markov and Plekanec, change the dynamic of the room. Instead, you futz around and two years later it dawns on you that's what you're supposed to do? Sweet. Miss the playoffs three of four years and the third time, only get a middling pick? C'mon.

Now, if we don't make the playoffs and MB does nothing, other than maybe add a pud at the deadline for a late 'push', he has to go. (Yes, I know he's not going anywhere, I've seen the way Geoffie looks at him, even as he holds his hand and tells him what to say). That would be a complete dereliction of duty.

If we don't make the playoffs but MB (or his handlers) actually shows enough vision to trade Petry and Mushmelon and indicates there's a vague semblance of a plan, I guess I'm OK with that. #btn

If we make the playoffs AND MB still trades Petry and Mushmelon ahead of time (the best of a tepid situation), I might even allow myself a few moments to believe there is a real plan, and take o2t's unicorn for a ride. Maybe even take it out of the barn.
Thanks given by: