Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Hurricanes @ Canucks
(2017-12-06, 12:57 AM)MDMN1017 Wrote: What happened to Horvat?
That is actually more important than the game. We have all been pumping Brock Boeser's tires, but Bo is still the engine. He is the best all-around player on this team and the functional leader.

I really hope he is back for the next game.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: nicky
No longer a wild card team.   Grin

The media is laughable right across the board.    Even the hometown boys are struggling with the Canucks success.    They live for drama, misery and alcohol.   Laugh
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
I wonder if the Canes move one of their dman for some help up front. Good win for the Bucks, sucks that Horvat got hurt though
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Canucks PR

@CanucksPR
Per @EliasSports, #Pouliot is the only player in NHL history with (at least) 4 career goals, all being game winners. #Canucks
9:46 PM - Dec 5, 2017

Sportsnet 650@Sportsnet650

Green on Vanek: "I like a lot of parts of Vanny's game. He's a smart hockey player who's been in the league a long time. He understands. It's not just offense. He's good around the net, he's a good leader, he's got a strong understanding of how the game needs to be played."
9:59 PM - Dec 5, 2017

@DhaliwalSports

I asked Volkov if Tryamkin will ever return to Vancouver, " He talks about it, he wants to go back someday. He will give it 1 more shot when he's ready." #Canucks
Thanks given by: nicky , Lagavulin
That's a hell of a stat for Pouliot
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned"
Thanks given by: topgun , topgun
(2017-12-06, 05:49 PM)trapper Wrote: Canucks PR

@CanucksPR
Per @EliasSports, #Pouliot is the only player in NHL history with (at least) 4 career goals, all being game winners. #Canucks
9:46 PM - Dec 5, 2017

Sportsnet 650@Sportsnet650

Green on Vanek: "I like a lot of parts of Vanny's game. He's a smart hockey player who's been in the league a long time. He understands. It's not just offense. He's good around the net, he's a good leader, he's got a strong understanding of how the game needs to be played."
9:59 PM - Dec 5, 2017

@DhaliwalSports

I asked Volkov if Tryamkin will ever return to Vancouver, " He talks about it, he wants to go back someday. He will give it 1 more shot when he's ready." #Canucks

Thanks Trap for posting that. Wow, if we could get Tryamkin over here at the end of the KHL season or to start the next season would be great.  Reading that just made my day.
Thanks given by:
There is more on Tryamkin here from his realtor;

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Carol-Sch.../194/89422

I check her blog every day. She seems to be fairly well connected. IMO
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-06, 07:46 PM)trapper Wrote: There is more on Tryamkin here from his realtor;

I check her blog every day. She seems to be fairly well connected.  IMO

If Tryamkin ever comes back and is good as he looks in the KHL (and able to put the 30-40 points I expect he could do in his prime), then the Canucks are going to be in very very good shape in the backend, especially with Juolevi already drafted and a deep draft at D coming up. The team is pretty much already set at the position with Tryamkin in the fold. The questions only arise when you consider the possibility that he may never come back.
Thanks given by:
The standings are so much fun to watch......unless your a drip fan...... another loss.   Grin
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-07, 12:22 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:
(2017-12-06, 07:46 PM)trapper Wrote: There is more on Tryamkin here from his realtor;

I check her blog every day. She seems to be fairly well connected.  IMO

If Tryamkin ever comes back and is good as he looks in the KHL (and able to put the 30-40 points I expect he could do in his prime), then the Canucks are going to be in very very good shape in the backend, especially with Juolevi already drafted and a deep draft at D coming up. The team is pretty much already set at the position with Tryamkin in the fold. The questions only arise when you consider the possibility that he may never come back.

This is a thread from when Tryamkin signed in the KHL . Click on the link . One of my posts in this thead:

I think Tryamkin spending a year in the KHL is not completely a bad thing. I would obviously have liked to have him play in the NHL next year. Maybe this helps us tank next year when the draft is considered to be better with top end talent when comparing it to this year.

Once he goes back and sees the difference between the two lifestyles I am hoping he changes his mind. Getting onto old planes, staying in lousy hotels and having a few paydays being missed will change his mind. The Russian economy isn't doing as well as it once was.

https://www.roughingafterthewhistle.com/...amkin-gone
Thanks given by:
I'm glad to be wrong on the tank job so far Wink
Thanks given by:
The thing about Tryamkin is that his game is even better suited for the NHL. He's super big and strong, and he's a very fast skater, and he appears to have a big shot, but has issues finding room getting it off or with his release.

But, overall, he could very well have the same type of career path as Chara.

The other thing too is that he can fight and one day a guy like him just might be the toughest guy in the league with the final phase out of enforcers. I wouldn't want to go with Nikita, that's for sure.
I can't wait for Tryampkin's return.

The Canucks could help that process by having Canadian's of Russian background going over to visit NT and his wife, making them want to come back but even more so with his wife so when they move back that she has friends when he's away on the long road trips. Happy wife = happy Canuck player's life = happy Canuck fans lives.

Do everything humanly possible to get this beast back in blue, white and kelly green trim (Thanks to Jim Robson for the description of the colours)
(2017-12-07, 12:32 AM)trapper Wrote: The standings are so much fun to watch......unless your a drip fan...... another loss.   Grin

Be careful Trapp. 

They have switches that can be flipped.   

Or maybe they are just trolling or hustling the league.   
And then BOOM.   unbeatable.
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by: trapper
I think Canucks need to opperate under the assumption Tryamkin isn't coming back, and if he does that's a huge bonus.
I’ll be polite... right up until I’m rude
- Ash Williams (2015)
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-07, 02:12 AM)Bure Wrote: I think Canucks need to opperate under the assumption Tryamkin isn't coming back, and if he does that's a huge bonus.

Fingers and toes crossed okay?
Thanks given by: Bure
I think any business or for that matter any person should always plan for the worst and anything beyond that contingency planning is a bonus.

The positives of Tryamkin possibly coming back compared to what it looked like last April are 100x better today. Still we need to keep drafting well and developing well. I'm just restating what Pav said.
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-07, 02:12 AM)Bure Wrote: I think Canucks need to opperate under the assumption Tryamkin isn't coming back, and if he does that's a huge bonus.

Absolutely. However, he poses a decent chance of coming back, which gives us a very good chance of that top pairing dman this team needs. And we have a second chance of it happening through this year's draft.

And then a third chance either through Pouliot, Stecher...

It all matters.
Thanks given by: