Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Maple Leafs @ Bruins
MAPLE LEAFS (11-5-0) at BRUINS (8-5-2)

7 p.m. ET; NHLN, CBC, SN360, NESN, NHL.TV

The Game

The Toronto Maple Leafs will look to tie their record for longest road winning streak to begin a season when they visit the Boston Bruins at TD Garden on Saturday.

The Maple Leafs, who will try to extend their overall winning streak to four games, are eyeing their seventh straight road victory to start 2018-19, which would tie the Toronto record set in 1940-41. The Maple Leafs and Nashville Predators (7-0-0) are the last remaining unbeaten road teams in the NHL.

The Bruins, who have alternated wins and losses for the past six games, have not lost consecutive games in regulation this season.

Goalie Jaroslav Halak will start for Boston; he's 4-1-2 with a 1.96 goals-against average and .936 save percentage in nine games (eight starts) this season.

Players to watch

Maple Leafs center John Tavares has five points (two goals, three assists) in a four-game point streak.

Bruins center Patrice Bergeron has five points (one goal, four assists) in his past four games and is three goals away from 300 in his NHL career.

They said it

"If the players work real hard and things come together we have a chance to have a lot of success. That's what we're trying to do each and every day and some days it goes good." -- Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock

"I mean I hope they're juiced up to play us and they probably have a bone to pick the way it ended here, Game 7. And our guys should be ready to go." -- Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy on the first game against the Maple Leafs since Boston defeated Toronto in seven games in the Eastern Conference First Round last season

Maple Leafs projected lineup *

Zach Hyman -- John Tavares -- Mitchell Marner

Patrick Marleau -- Nazem Kadri -- Kasperi Kapanen

Andreas Johnsson -- Par Lindholm -- Connor Brown

Tyler Ennis -- Frederik Gauthier -- Josh Leivo

Morgan Rielly -- Ron Hainsey

Jake Gardiner -- Nikita Zaitsev

Travis Dermott -- Igor Ozhiganov

Garret Sparks

Frederik Andersen

Scratched: Martin Marincin, Justin Holl

Injured: Auston Matthews (shoulder)

* Lineup subject to change!
"Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, ‘IF’ it deserves it."
Thanks given by:
No Raask tonight so if the Leafs play like last night then they have a good chance to win
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 02:43 PM)SNLeafaholic Wrote: No Raask tonight so if the Leafs play like last night then they have a good chance to win

Halak's been better than Rask this year and I'm not very confident in Sparks.  This will be a tough test for the boys.  That said, I agree if they play like they did against Pittsburgh or NJ we have a good chance.

Thanks given by:
Start on time boys! GO LEAFS GO!!!
Thanks given by:
We have more talent.

But we need to show up and work hard—and we will win if they do that.
Thanks given by:
Hoping for a repeat performance from the third line. I don't expect them to put up 2 goals again, but the same skill and speed they are capable of adding would be a huge boost in the second half of a back to back.
Thanks given by:
GO LEAFS!!
I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
Jack Edwards will be doing a lot of this tonight...

https://media.giphy.com/media/PJKRNiD0qIWS4/giphy.gif
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 05:40 PM)Curly Howie Wrote: Jack Edwards will be doing a lot of this tonight...

https://media.giphy.com/media/PJKRNiD0qIWS4/giphy.gif

Lol, one of the reasons I try to avoid NESN hockey games.
Thanks given by:
A PP for the Leafs. Still no score early!
Thanks given by:
Leafs contolling the PP
Thanks given by:
8 mins in and shots are 13 - 2 Leafs....bodes well
GREAT TRADE - LAMORIELLO FOR TAVARES 
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 07:29 PM)YVR Leaf Wrote: 8 mins in and shots are 13 - 2 Leafs....bodes well

Sure does. If not for Halak the Leafs could be up a few goals by now! Also noticed that Chara is not feeling any Leaf love. Big difference from that series earlier in the year, lol!
Thanks given by:
I have really come to hate the stretch pass. They seem to do much better with a five man break out play instead of that low percentage pass
Thanks given by: durhamleafer , durhamleafer , CaperLeaf
(2018-11-10, 07:29 PM)YVR Leaf Wrote: 8 mins in and shots are 13 - 2 Leafs....bodes well

Was just going to ask how the boys look. 

Unfortunately might miss this one
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 07:41 PM)Sportking Wrote:

Shots now 18-2 with 6 mins left
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 07:42 PM)YVR Leaf Wrote:
(2018-11-10, 07:41 PM)Sportking Wrote:

Shots now 18-2 with 6 mins left
Crappy thing is that when the Leafs outshoot someone like this I always expect to lose,get beat by a hot goalie.andso far it's looking possible. sadface

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Crap Briuns make 1-0. Very sloppy D work. Unusual for Reily
Thanks given by:
6th shot against. Crap goal. Sigh!
Thanks given by:
20-5 in shots mean nothing.

1-0 for the bad guys
Thanks given by: