Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Montreal vs. Vegas - Maxpac's comeback special
I haven't done one of these in years but thought maybe I could help right the ship here with some old school magic.

The Cinderella story seems to be over in Vegas. Hopefully ours can go on for a few more chapters.

Niemi between the pipes tonight. Hoping for some more consistent goaltending. We've seen that our offense can do the trick, hopefully that continues tonight. We haven't needed exceptional goaltending to win games this year; just consistently decent should do. We'll see if Niemi is up the the challenge. Could we have a new Mr. Saturday night tonight?

Pacioretty is coming in cold with just 2 goals 0 assists on the season. Meanwhile Tatar has been racking up points and has been an impact player for us offensively.

Game time: 7PM in Montreal
Habs 8-5-3
Knights 7-8-1

Should be a great game. Fearless prediction. Habs win 4-3. Both Max's pot one. Kotka also finds the back of the net.

[Image: 89f68c359b38d18e4ede9d704c67eb0f.jpg]
Go Habs Go!

Predict both cheers and a few jeers for Pacioretty. Expect his line will be easier to defend as they try consistently to find Max for a shot...

C'mon Antti, now's your chance to step up for a stretch of games and prove you can still carry the load. Remember you need another contract next year too
Thanks given by:
should be a good game, as majority of hab games this year have been. Wonder and hope that Patches gets some cheers at start of game...i know tradition is a cheer followed by booing for rest of career. (I think its stupid/classless on the 1st game back). Just hoping our best goal scorer and captain for years gets a cheer/thank u

...and then we win....
Thanks given by:
Go Habs Go!
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 10:58 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: should be a good game, as majority of hab games this year have been. Wonder and hope that Patches gets some cheers at start of game...i know tradition is a cheer followed by booing for rest of career. (I think its stupid/classless on the 1st game back). Just hoping our best goal scorer and captain  for years gets a cheer/thank u

...and then we win....

Not saying he should be boo'ed but he was captain for some of the worst incarnations of this team ever. It's not his fault but it's not like he was some great inspiring leader either
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 11:18 AM)mada7 Wrote:
(2018-11-10, 10:58 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: should be a good game, as majority of hab games this year have been. Wonder and hope that Patches gets some cheers at start of game...i know tradition is a cheer followed by booing for rest of career. (I think its stupid/classless on the 1st game back). Just hoping our best goal scorer and captain  for years gets a cheer/thank u

...and then we win....

Not saying he should be boo'ed but he was captain for some of the worst incarnations of this team ever. It's not his fault but it's not like he was some great inspiring leader either

Bah, humbug.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 10:31 AM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote: Go Habs Go!

Predict both cheers and a few jeers for Pacioretty.   Expect his line will be easier to defend as they try consistently to find Max for a shot...

C'mon Antti, now's your chance to step up for a stretch of games and prove you can still carry the load.  Remember you need another contract next year too

I posted yesterday that if Julien was really coaching on merit, Niemi gets the start tonight. It must still have been a tough call: Saturday, at home, but I think it is the right call. 

I hope Niemi makes it very hard to take him out of the lineup, and then Price makes it even harder when he eventually gets a chance.
Thanks given by:
Habs need to win two in a row, starting tonight, followed by another win against EDM on Tuesday. If the team manges to have twice the official wins as it does official losses, regardless how many loser points they get, they will look pretty heading into the playoffs.

10-5-3 would look like a good record after 18 games Happy
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 11:57 AM)on2ndthought Wrote:
(2018-11-10, 10:31 AM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote: Go Habs Go!

Predict both cheers and a few jeers for Pacioretty.   Expect his line will be easier to defend as they try consistently to find Max for a shot...

C'mon Antti, now's your chance to step up for a stretch of games and prove you can still carry the load.  Remember you need another contract next year too

I posted yesterday that if Julien was really coaching on merit, Niemi gets the start tonight. It must still have been a tough call: Saturday, at home, but I think it is the right call. 

I hope Niemi makes it very hard to take him out of the lineup, and then Price makes it even harder when he eventually gets a chance.

Do you mean that Price would suck when he gets the chance and it would be even harder to take Niemi out of the lineup again? Wink
Thanks given by:
I would cheer Pacioretty for service rendered. I can also see booing him for the inflated sense his own value to our team, that prevented him from entertaining realistic contract extension negotiations. So far, it seems to be working out for us, though; so yeah... cheer him.  SN devil  Wink
Thanks given by:
Are you saying, "Cheer him in a good riddance kind of way?"
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 12:05 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Are you saying, "Cheer him in a good riddance kind of way?"

Exactly. Yeah Max!!! Thanks for Tatar and Suzuki!!!
Thanks given by: Leb7
Can't wait to see if Suzuki has an NHL impact as a scoring RW. That would be a point-producing LW in his prime and a young point-producing RW for a goal-scoring LW on the start of his decline. Throw in a 2nd rounder that could be a relatively high pick if Vegas continues to play as it has been playing and we might also get a skilled, puck-moving LHD out of it.

Not a bad rake on that hand...
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 12:09 PM)on2ndthought Wrote:
(2018-11-10, 12:05 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Are you saying, "Cheer him in a good riddance kind of way?"

Exactly what I was thinking. There is absolutly no reason to boo him. He was one of the best left winger in the NHL while playing with us and got us Tatar, Suzuki and a 2nd. Great till the end.  Grin
"Only one thing matters in life, and it's the cup"  
                                            - Caresse Crosby

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 01:08 PM)Leb7 Wrote:
(2018-11-10, 12:09 PM)on2ndthought Wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking. There is absolutly no reason to boo him. He was one of the best left winger in the NHL while playing with us and got us Tatar, Suzuki and a 2nd. Great till the end.  Grin

He actually outdid himself in the end, it seems.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
5-3 Habs.
Pacioretty with the empty-net own goal to seal it.
Thanks given by: Gerry Pigeon
I think he might cry. I think I might cry... a little... but I'm overly sensitive about these things...

Hopefully for him, his career isn't mailing it in like the song, "Slip sliding away..."
Thanks given by:
for any Max #67 fans - 10 minute pre-game media scrum
Thanks given by:
Pacioretty scores 3 tonight and then glares up at the press box towards Marc Bergevin.
Thanks given by: