Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Not the thread you were expecting
Not much on the schedule, especially involving the Canadiens. Here's one to get your fix. (Did I mention it's a bored game?)
See how well you score on the quiz – without using the internet or any other sources, just your knowledge of the team (what you can remember, anyway).

1.) Guys and doll

There have been four Guys who have played, really played, for the Canadiens (there's another but he played just four games). Name each one and give yourself 100 points. Name one of the three Jean-Guy players and give yourself 150 points.
The doll? Give yourself 250 points if you can identify this player by his nickname. 

2.) Hometown heroes

Eighty-nine (yes, 89) players born in Montreal have played for the home team, 16 of them for more than 350 games. Nine of them are in the Hall of Fame, and six of those are defencemen.

1,000 points if you can name all 16
200 points if you can name 12-15
100 points if you can name 7-11
10 points if you can name 2-6
1 point if you can name 1 

3.) ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Four Canadiens had last names beginning with the letter Z
25 points each if you can recall two, 50 points apiece for any beyond that.

4.) Not from here, eh?

This player was a member of the winningest team in NHL history, the 1976-77 Montreal Canadiens (most points, fewest losses, best percentage). His birthplace is currently very much in the news, with two people claiming to be the leader of the country. Give yourself 500 points if you can name him, and an additional 350 points if you can name the only other non-Canadian on the team. 

5.) One and done (not much)

From 2000 to 2014 Montreal drafted (edit: EIGHT) players in the first round who never played more than 70 games for the Canadiens. In fact, two never played any.
Give yourself 1,000 points if you can name all nine, 100 points apiece for every player you can name up to six, and 50 points apiece for every player you can name up to five.

Answers tomorrow (or sooner, if you're really, really good).
Thanks given by:
Not from here, eh?

Oddly enough I remember the American because it was unusual for us back then. A defenceman, Bill Nyrop. No idea on who the Venezuelan would be. Shocked that there was one.

Stuck on the 4th Guy.
Thanks given by:
Lapointe, Carbonneau, Lafleur and... ?
Jean Guy Talbot

Mark Barberio? (Barbie)

Zalapski
Zholtok
Zednik
(big Russian D?)

I could probably get half the draftees in the morning, not so much at bedtime
Fischer is one, LL, Tinordi, McCarron, Scherbak, but I know the others

Hometown heros I'll leave alone until a sober weekend day when I've time to think. I'm guessing many of the players of my youth fit the bill. Is Torrey Mitchell in the HOF?

Good night all!
Thanks given by:
You disappoint me O2T you don't remember Danius Zubrus

For the first round flops I'd say David Fischer, Tinordi, Chipchura, McDonagh and not sure of the other 5
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 09:49 PM)mada7 Wrote: You disappoint me O2T you don't remember Danius Zubrus

For the first round flops I'd say David Fischer, Tinordi, Chipchura, McDonagh and not sure of the other 5

Guy Charron

Jean guy gendron; jean guy legace?

Alex (Chuckie) Galchenyuk

Alfie Turcotte?
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 09:49 PM)mada7 Wrote: You disappoint me O2T you don't remember Danius Zubrus

Hey, I was tired. It was a snow day, and I did three driveways.
Thanks given by:
Three 'drive-by's during a snow storm!

Oh, driveways. Sorry...
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-14, 10:39 AM)Scriptor Wrote: Three 'drive-by's during a snow storm!

Oh, driveways. Sorry...

If I'd been armed when the plow went by...
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-14, 11:07 AM)on2ndthought Wrote:
(2019-02-14, 10:39 AM)Scriptor Wrote: Three 'drive-by's during a snow storm!

Oh, driveways. Sorry...

If I'd been armed when the plow went by...

lmao. It's a constant struggle for me with that *****! He caught me twice last year after I had gone back in to get ready to leave, packing a 4-foot wall of snow and ice in front of my driveway. I waited for him the third time and hopped onto his ride and scared the **** out of him. He came back and cleared my driveway. When it's 4 in the morning and you see ONE friggin' driveway cleared on the block, maybe there's a reason for it and you can avoid packing that driveway!
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Guys and doll

Guy Carbonneau, Guy Charron, Guy Lafleur, Guy Lapointe

Jean-Guy Gendron, Jean-Guy Morissette, Jean-Guy Talbot

And the doll? Chucky, of course

Hometown heroes

Butch Bouchard 785 games; Boom-Boom Geoffrion 766 games; Doug Harvey 890 games; Guy Lapointe 777 games; Sylvio Mantha 537 games ; 
Dickie Moore 654 games; Jacques Plante 556 games; Henri Richard 1,259 games; Rocket Richard 978 games; Serge Savard, 917 games; Patrice Brisebois 896 games; JJ Daigneault 352 games; Vincent Damphousse 519 games; Ken Mosdell 628 games; Claude Provost  1,005 games; Bobby Rousseau 643 games 

3.) ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Zarley Zalapski, Richard Zednik, Sergei Zholtok, Dainius Zubrus

4.) Not from here, eh?

Rick Chartraw. Bill Nyrop.

5.) One and done (not much)

Nikita Scherbak (2014) 29 games; Michael McCarron (2013) 69 games; Jarred Tinordi (2010) 46 games; Louis Leblanc (2009) 50 games; Ryan McDonagh (2007) 0 games; David Fischer (2006) 0 games; Kyle Chipchura (2004) 68 games; Ron Hainsey (2000) 32 games
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-14, 06:03 AM)on2ndthought Wrote:

[Image: 585675636e001411137a04e9512363dc.jpg?qua...641&zoom=2]
Thanks given by: JohnBellyful , FormalWare
(2019-02-16, 01:19 PM)RightNyder Wrote:
(2019-02-14, 06:03 AM)on2ndthought Wrote:

[Image: 585675636e001411137a04e9512363dc.jpg?qua...641&zoom=2]

Ha! There was a lot more snow, and I ride Balerion when the snow piles deep.
Thanks given by:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDzthSor9nh_84syDqDTp...QPT1Jy3UgF]
Thanks given by: RightNyder , RightNyder , JohnBellyful
(2019-02-16, 01:47 PM)on2ndthought Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDzthSor9nh_84syDqDTp...QPT1Jy3UgF]

Did you fall off?
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-16, 03:46 PM)JohnBellyful Wrote:
(2019-02-16, 01:47 PM)on2ndthought Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDzthSor9nh_84syDqDTp...QPT1Jy3UgF]

Did you fall off?

Those are the guys from the snow plow that blocked my driveway.
Thanks given by:
[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs.marketwatch.com%2Fpubl...18.jpg&f=1]

Tonight's game (after tonight's game) is Pop A Bubble: Are Our Playoff Hopes About to Burst, and If It Is Who's Holding the Pin?

You have four choices: 
1.) Marc "I'm almost at the end of the learning curve, I just need three more years" Bergevin
2.) Geoff "Look, I believed him when he said he had a plan" Molson
3.) Claude "Armia DOES, too, deserve to be on the power play, dammit!" Julien
4.) Schedule "Hey, why pick on me?" Maker
Thanks given by:
Armia on the PP is becoming befuddling to me.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-17, 10:38 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Armia on the PP is becoming befuddling to me.

Pffft. 

The guy's got one point (no goals) in his last 11 games.

Soon to be 26, he has zero career power-play goals.

If that's not the kind of stud you want out there, every time, on your first PP unit, I don't know who is.

#ItrustDauterive
Thanks given by:
Maybe scouts at ANA-WASH game are looking for Armia's replacement -- ANDRE BURAKOVSKY | #65
Thanks given by: