Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Oilers at Pens
6 out from last with a game in hand and 6 out from 8th with two games in hand

Who the hell knows what team shows up but I know McDavid and Crosby will which should be fun enough to watch.

They are really just playing for jobs now so should be interesting as it will be pretty evident this game on which players give a crap and which don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks given by:
This should be all sorts of UGLY.....

Pittsburgh wins by however they feel like
Thanks given by:
Hopefully Khaira is able to play tonight as I'm looking forward to seeing the Khaira/Nuge/Puljujarvi line (for at least the two shifts the coach will stick with it).

Here is hoping that Koskinen starts, tonight, to find a game that provides consistent starting tending - at the very least to provide the coaching staff, the fan base and his teamates some confidence in him going in to the spring, summer and camp.

Go Oilers!
Thanks given by:
Brodz and Manning scratched. Benning still unable to go. Petrovic and Gravel will be 3rd pair.

Rattie and Khaira are both good to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
A coworker of mine asked if I was more of a “glass half-empty” or “glass half-full” kind of guy when it comes to the Oilers chances of playoffs this year.
I told him that I could care less about the glass as long as the bottle I’m pouring from is full.

Call me altruistic.

Beat the Pens tonight?

Sure...why not.

Might have to pick up another one of those bottles...
When you have, share. When you can, do. When you need, ask. Celebrate everything!
Thanks given by: teamblue , Superlube11
No Malkin, Schultz, or Maata tonight. 
Can't wait to see which rookie call-up scores a couple against us tonight..
Thanks given by:
This would be a good game to lose. But ideally, lose 6-5 or so, with McDavid picking up a bunch of points. Kucherov is 7 points ahead, so McDavid needs to get making up some serious ground.

I'm hoping Kostalotski starts tonight. He seems ready for a real stinker of a game.
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by:
Hopefully the Oil can take advantage of Malkin, Maatta and Shultz out for the Penguins who are in a fight for a wild card spot.

Go Oilers!
Thanks given by:
McDavid to Drai on a quick strike 2 on 1 and the Oilers lead 1-0.

I believe it was Klef that stepped up and caused the turnover in the neutral zone.
Thanks given by:
Big save by Koskinen on a quick shot from the slot off a Gravel turnover (granted he was hit from behind in to the back boards to turn the puck over)
Thanks given by:
Great over the shoulder dish off the wall by Oscar to Connor.

National televised game on NBCSN... It would be nice for the Oilers to finally show up for once while playing from coast to coast.
x6
Thanks given by: Isaia
Brad Malone a cm away from his first NHL goal in close to 4 years....
Thanks given by:
How the hell did Malone miss that...?!?
x6
Thanks given by:
Should I be annoyed that Drai scored before we could trade him? Wink
Thanks given by:
Nothing like putting the 4th line and 3rd pairing out together - mind you, decent shift.....
Thanks given by:
Is putting the 4th line out with the 3rd pairing intentional? Is there a benefit to that (other than just hoping for a saw off and to win the rest of the minutes)?
Thanks given by:
It's like they are a completely different team with Grandpappy eating popcorn.

Waiver time old man... Happy
x6
Thanks given by: teamblue
Great road period for the Oilers - very solid generally (couple turnovers and were lucky on a couple PIT misses).
Thanks given by:
Season is over.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T using Tapatalk
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
The Hocker Central crew is so damm right about Drai.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T using Tapatalk
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by: