Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Regular season game thread 2018-2019
This forum last season was pretty much dead on game nights and it was pretty much pointless making nightly game threads because they ended up with barely 10 posts. With that said, I'm getting excited again, I want to cheer them on and I want them to have success because I'll always cheer for the crest and whichever player happens to be wearing it.

So now that pre-season is over and done with, the team is a pretty respectable 2-4 (one loss short of .500) considering the circumstances from the circus that took place during summer and training camp. I say that because they actually played two very good games to close out the pre-season and I think are in a good position mentally heading into the regular season. There will be ups and downs and looking at the schedule for October, the season could pretty much be over in one month if they get off to a bad start; here is who they face in October:

Oct. 4 vs Chicago
Oct. 6 @ Toronto
Oct. 8 @ Boston
Oct. 10 vs Philly
Oct. 13 vs L.A K
Oct. 15 vs Dallas
Oct. 20 vs Montreal
Oct. 23 vs Boston
Oct. 26 @ Colorado
Oct. 28 @ Vegas
Oct. 30 @ Arizona

Not an easy schedule, only saving grace maybe is that 5 game home-stand but depending on how many fans show up to games that might not really matter anyway. Anyone else getting excited, anyone feeling like this team could surprise or is it over before it starts??

November:

Here is November:

Nov. 1 vs Buffalo
Nov. 3 @ Buffalo
Nov. 4 vs Tampa
Nov. 6 vs New Jersey
Nov. 8 vs Vegas
Nov. 10 @ Tampa
Nov. 11 @ Florida
Nov. 15 vs Detroit
Nov. 17 vs Pittsburgh
Nov. 19 vs Florida
Nov. 21 @ Minny
Nov. 23 @ Dallas
Nov. 26 @ New York R
Nov. 27 @ Philly
Nov. 29 vs New York R
Thanks given by:
I have a bet with my leafer friends. I bet that the Sens would sweep the season series. Terms of the bet aren't completely decided...

As long as we beat the leafs, I'll be decent. However my interest has been at an all time low. I'll cheer foe the players and the team, but its not the same and won't br until El Cheapo is out
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-29, 10:16 PM)bicboi Wrote: I have a bet with my leafer friends. I bet that the Sens would sweep the season series. Terms of the bet aren't completely decided...

As long as we beat the leafs, I'll be decent. However my interest has been at an all time low. I'll cheer foe the players and the team, but its not the same and won't br until El Cheapo is out

If the Sens are winning games it won't matter who the owner is. Hockey is all about winning, the owner only gets attention when his team is shit, because everyone starts throwing blame around so of course it will bring the focus right to the top. If the team wins games and keeps on winning, then that's really all we can ask for as fans. We can disagree with ownership and management all we want about the decisions they've made and are going to make but the bottom line is if they build a team that wins hockey games and makes the playoffs then there's really not much left for fans to complain about.

But with that said, the season hasn't even started and this team is definitely not what a contending team looks like so the games still have to be played, however I just don't feel that this group of guys is going to take any nights off and that they're going to play their hearts out every game and make it easy to cheer for them.
Thanks given by:
Im not as optimistic as you are, but I think we can easily get escape a DFL finish with a few reasonable expectations that are quite obtainable. #1 being to not go an entire season with a pair of goalies with sub .900 save percentages. That in itself will go a hell of a long way to improving on last years tire fire, regardless of what scraps are left on the roster. Starting nearly every game down 1-0 after a few minutes is pretty demoralizing. I can’t believe how many times the first shot against us ended up in the back of the net last season.
Thanks given by:
https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/...b789c38b7e

Brady might not play during the season opener...lol please be a bruised knuckle and not anything significant
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-29, 10:16 PM)bicboi Wrote: I have a bet with my leafer friends. I bet that the Sens would sweep the season series. Terms of the bet aren't completely decided...

Lol, Bic...you've got some courage!
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Game 1:

Sens vs BlackHawks

Tkachuk is out with his groin injury so he won't play, Demelo took a stick to the face in practise but should be ready to play so here's the opening night lineup:

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan

White - Smith - Stone

Formenton - Tierney - Boedker

McCormick - Pyatt - Paajarvi

Chabot - Wideman

Borowiecki - Ceci

Lajoie - DeMelo

Anderson

Honestly there's going to be a learning curve and we're probably going to lose alot of games due to rookie mistakes but I'm liking the balance of this line-up. It is safe to say there is speed and a scoring threat on each line, and the defensive pairings surprisingly are set up in a way that actually balances a defensive d-man with a more offensive d-man. This is definitely the most role defined team we've had in years and every player knows his role and where they fit in on the team which should lead to some hard work and success. I don't see any of these players taking any nights off due to lazy play or lack of effort. Tonight should give us a good indication of what to expect effort-wise from this team all season.
Thanks given by:
Alex DeBrincat -- Jonathan Toews -- Dominik Kahun
Brandon Saad -- Nick Schmaltz -- Patrick Kane
Chris Kunitz -- Artem Anisimov -- David Kampf
Marcus Kruger -- Luke Johnson -- Andreas Martinsen

Duncan Keith -- Henri Jokiharju
Brent Seabrook -- Brandon Manning
Erik Gustafsson -- Jan Rutta

https://www.nhl.com/news/chicago-blackha...-300632600

Goalie Cam Ward will play his first game for the Chicago Blackhawks when they open the regular season against the Ottawa Senators at Canadian Tire Centre on Thursday.

Ward signed a one-year contract with the Blackhawks as an unrestricted free agent July 1. He will start Thursday because Corey Crawford is out with a concussion.

Backup goaltender Anton Forsberg was injured during the morning skate and will not play. Chicago has recalled Collin Delia from the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League.

Forwards Mikkel Boedker and Chris Tierney, and defenseman Dylan DeMelo each will play his first game for the Senators, who will be playing their first game since trading two-time Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson to the San Jose Sharks on Sept. 13.

Ottawa received Tierney and DeMelo, forward Rudolfs Balcers and Josh Norris, a first-round pick in 2019 or 2020 and a second-round pick in 2019 for Karlsson and forward Francis Perron. The Senators traded forward Mike Hoffman, defenseman Cody Donaghey and a fifth-round pick in 2020 to the Sharks for Boedker, defenseman Julius Bergman and a sixth-round pick in 2020.

Players to watch

Forward Patrick Kane has led the Blackhawks in scoring each of the past three seasons. In 2017-18, he had 76 points (27 goals, 49 assists) in 82 games.

Forward Mark Stone led the Senators in scoring last season with 62 points (20 goals, 42 assists) in 58 games.

They said it

"A role we can definitely embrace is being the underdogs and a team that nobody maybe takes seriously or is given the respect that we think we deserve." -- Blackhawks forward Jonathan Toews

"Just playing tonight is going to be a dream come true for me." -- Senators defenseman Maxime Lajoie
Cam Ward
Collin Delia
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-04, 02:56 PM)bicboi Wrote: Alex DeBrincat -- Jonathan Toews -- Dominik Kahun
Brandon Saad -- Nick Schmaltz -- Patrick Kane
Chris Kunitz -- Artem Anisimov -- David Kampf
Marcus Kruger -- Luke Johnson -- Andreas Martinsen

Duncan Keith -- Henri Jokiharju
Brent Seabrook -- Brandon Manning
Erik Gustafsson -- Jan Rutta

https://www.nhl.com/news/chicago-blackha...-300632600

Goalie Cam Ward will play his first game for the Chicago Blackhawks when they open the regular season against the Ottawa Senators at Canadian Tire Centre on Thursday.

Ward signed a one-year contract with the Blackhawks as an unrestricted free agent July 1. He will start Thursday because Corey Crawford is out with a concussion.

Backup goaltender Anton Forsberg was injured during the morning skate and will not play. Chicago has recalled Collin Delia from the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League.

Forwards Mikkel Boedker and Chris Tierney, and defenseman Dylan DeMelo each will play his first game for the Senators, who will be playing their first game since trading two-time Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson to the San Jose Sharks on Sept. 13.

Ottawa received Tierney and DeMelo, forward Rudolfs Balcers and Josh Norris, a first-round pick in 2019 or 2020 and a second-round pick in 2019 for Karlsson and forward Francis Perron. The Senators traded forward Mike Hoffman, defenseman Cody Donaghey and a fifth-round pick in 2020 to the Sharks for Boedker, defenseman Julius Bergman and a sixth-round pick in 2020.

Players to watch

Forward Patrick Kane has led the Blackhawks in scoring each of the past three seasons. In 2017-18, he had 76 points (27 goals, 49 assists) in 82 games.

Forward Mark Stone led the Senators in scoring last season with 62 points (20 goals, 42 assists) in 58 games.

They said it

"A role we can definitely embrace is being the underdogs and a team that nobody maybe takes seriously or is given the respect that we think we deserve." -- Blackhawks forward Jonathan Toews

"Just playing tonight is going to be a dream come true for me." -- Senators defenseman Maxime Lajoie
Cam Ward
Collin Delia

Lajoie had the most minutes played last week against Chicago(25 give or take a couple) played a excellent game on PP and PK.
Tonight we see 2 bottom 10 teams go at it in they're first season game. GO SENS GO
When sound found rhythm the dimensions of joy exploded.
Thanks given by:
This is the most excited I've been for a Sens game in a long time, a little over 50 minutes to puck drop and I can't wait, I think this team is going to be fun to watch this season. I know we're re-building but if the team can show some promise and score goals, I think Dorion should potentially make a trade for a veteran d-man and to balance out the minutes on the back-end. I think our offense can compete with any team in the league but our defense is going to have nights where they struggle I think.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-04, 05:48 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: This is the most excited I've been for a Sens game in a long time, a little over 50 minutes to puck drop and I can't wait, I think this team is going to be fun to watch this season. I know we're re-building but if the team can show some promise and score goals, I think Dorion should potentially make a trade for a veteran d-man and to balance out the minutes on the back-end. I think our offense can compete with any team in the league but our defense is going to have nights where they struggle I think.

But don't go OT against the leafs. Watched the game last night, I knew in OT the Leafs would take it.

Yes, defense is gonna choke some nights, I think the goalies are gonna suck even more on more nights IMO
When sound found rhythm the dimensions of joy exploded.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-04, 05:59 PM)leftcurve Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 05:48 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: This is the most excited I've been for a Sens game in a long time, a little over 50 minutes to puck drop and I can't wait, I think this team is going to be fun to watch this season. I know we're re-building but if the team can show some promise and score goals, I think Dorion should potentially make a trade for a veteran d-man and to balance out the minutes on the back-end. I think our offense can compete with any team in the league but our defense is going to have nights where they struggle I think.

But don't go OT against the leafs. Watched the game last night, I knew in OT the Leafs would take it.

Yes, defense is gonna choke some nights, I think the goalies are gonna suck even more on more nights IMO

Based on last year sure, but I'm willing to give Anderson and Condon a clean slate and give them the benefit of the doubt that last year was just an all-around bad season for everyone. I think at worst they'll play like last year, at best they'll be really really good and realistically I think they'll fall somewhere in between.
Thanks given by:
Good to see Sens fans show up tonight, I'd have gone if I was free. Not a sell-out but definitely not the empty barn we thought we'd see after all the controversies the past few months.
Thanks given by:
Just as predicted, the boys haven't taken a shift off yet. Lots of chances, no breakdowns defensively yet and we could have had two goals already.
Thanks given by:
Andy’s first stinker of the year. Only took 5 minutes.

Great way to kill momentum.
Thanks given by:
And Zmith with a big middle finger for Dorion!
Thanks given by:
Sigh. Anderson needs to make a big save. That’s 2 goals on 5 shots or something.
Thanks given by:
Lajoie already having one heck of a debut with a goal and assist in his first NHL period.
Thanks given by:
3-3 now, honestly can't ask for more from a young team in their first game together against a way more veteran and more (arguably) skilled team in the blackhawks. Win or lose, this was a good game to build off of but a win or at least a point would definitely raise their confidence level.
Thanks given by:
First game, first 3 on 3 OT. Let's show the league our speed and skill here boys, end it fast and early.
Thanks given by: