Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Regular season game thread 2018-2019
Ok we'll take the point. Nothing to be ashamed of on this night, that's for sure.
Thanks given by:
Well that was disappointing. There's no way in hell we beat a team with Patrick Kane in OT. This is gonna be a long season but even more disheartening if we make it to OT just to get outclassed by teams with more talent Sad

At least Lajoie had an amazing game. Disappointing result but definitely some positives from our young guys. Dzingel really needed to bury that break away. Wideman was great as well, hope he can handle the gap we have on D
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
too bad they didn't get the win, but points are more than I was expecting Happy
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-04, 09:29 PM)bicboi Wrote: Well that was disappointing. There's no way in hell we beat a team with Patrick Kane in OT. This is gonna be a long season but even more disheartening if we make it to OT just to get outclassed by teams with more talent Sad

At least Lajoie had an amazing game. Disappointing result but definitely some positives from our young guys. Dzingel really needed to bury that break away. Wideman was great as well, hope he can handle the gap we have on D

I think our guys proved tonight that they do not lack talent. Kane is a hall of famer and has made many many many teams in the NHL look bad, nothing to be ashamed of. Austin Matthews made Carey Price his little bitch last night, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the best goalies in the league.

Not that I had much doubt, but the guys played the way I hoped and I don't think winning or losing this game was going to affect how they approach the next game. Looking forward to the battle of Ontario on Saturday, that should be a doozey.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-04, 09:34 PM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 09:29 PM)bicboi Wrote: Well that was disappointing. There's no way in hell we beat a team with Patrick Kane in OT. This is gonna be a long season but even more disheartening if we make it to OT just to get outclassed by teams with more talent Sad

I think our guys proved tonight that they do not lack talent. Kane is a hall of famer and has made many many many teams in the NHL look bad, nothing to be ashamed of. Austin Matthews made Carey Price his little bitch last night, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the best goalies in the league.

Not that I had much doubt, but the guys played the way I hoped and I don't think winning or losing this game was going to affect how they approach the next game. Looking forward to the battle of Ontario on Saturday, that should be a doozey.

I'm gonna wear my Sens jersey and go to a pub and try not to get beat up. Honestly Ryu I'm still bitter over losing Karlsson. It was nice to see players like Chabot try to pinch, but no one on our team can skate like him. Ah well, past is the past, GO SENS GO LETS TAKE A SHIT ON THE LEAFS ON SATURDAY!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Only really watched the first period, but they didn’t look terrible. Chicago will likely be pretty bad this year though, so to be taken with a grain of salt.

They seem like a fast team. I think some teams may struggle to contain that. Certainly not enough finishers out there though. Hopefully that comes for some of the young guys.

I thought Andy should have had the first 2 goals as well. 1st one was particularly bad. 2nd one hit him in the chest and still managed to sneak under his arm. That can’t keep happening if they want to stand a chance this year.
Thanks given by:
And Tierney is a terrible skater. No acceleration at all.
Thanks given by:
Kids did ok.

Boro with the 1 on 1 and decides to "take away the pass" LOL
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-05, 07:23 AM)FashionPolice Wrote: Kids did ok.

Maybe he watched too much Don Cherry growing up..."now kids, here's what you dont want to do on a 1 on 1 situation, move out of the way so the goalie can see the shot! Get your damn stick out of the way of the shot."

Ok Don.

Anyway, I agree with Heisenberg, Anderson can't have shit games if this team is going to have a good season. He needs to be solid, not necessarily shut out solid, because yesterday proved we can win 3-2 or 4-3 with a bit of luck and more finish. But teams with more firepower like say, the Leafs tomorrow, will absolutely destroy us in a game of back and forth.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-05, 10:48 AM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2018-10-05, 07:23 AM)FashionPolice Wrote: Kids did ok.

Maybe he watched too much Don Cherry growing up..."now kids, here's what you dont want to do on a 1 on 1 situation, move out of the way so the goalie can see the shot! Get your damn stick out of the way of the shot."

Ok Don.

Anyway, I agree with Heisenberg, Anderson can't have shit games if this team is going to have a good season.  He needs to be solid, not necessarily shut out solid, because yesterday proved we can win 3-2 or 4-3 with a bit of luck and more finish. But teams with more firepower like say, the Leafs tomorrow, will absolutely destroy us in a game of back and forth.

39 saves, .903
but yes that first goal was shit
When sound found rhythm the dimensions of joy exploded.
Thanks given by:
unfortunately, andy will need to play outstanding to have a chance behind ceci + boro as first pair *shiver*
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-29, 10:16 PM)bicboi Wrote: I have a bet with my leafer friends. I bet that the Sens would sweep the season series. Terms of the bet aren't completely decided...

I would strongly suggest you make it for a pack of gum. Or less..
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-05, 06:17 AM)Heisenberg Wrote: And Tierney is a terrible skater. No acceleration at all.

Yeah it was scary how slow he was. He better find his form soon. The rest of the forward group skated hard and they had some energy that was fun to see
Thanks given by:
God i hope Ottawa wins tonight, leafs are gonna be insufferable due to their success for the next little while. Hopefully we can be the ones to remind em never get comfy
Thanks given by:
This should be a fun game, hopefully I get a chance to watch it.
Thanks given by:
Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell Sad
Thanks given by:
That sucks but whatever, he's just a rookie, if this team needs him to win games then we have bigger problems than I thought. We have more than enough offensive guys to keep up with the Leags tonight we just need to focus more on the team defense tonight rather than falling into a run 'n gun with Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Kadri.....damn they have a good team.
Thanks given by:
Game #2, Sens @ Leafs:

Minor changes for tonight's lineup, McCormick is injured so Paul Carey is in for him on the 4th line:

Dzingel - Duchene - White

Boedker - Smith - Stone

Formenton - Tierney - Ryan

Pyatt - Carey - Paajarvi

Lajoie - Ceci

Chabot - DeMelo

Borowiecki - Wideman

Anderson
Thanks given by:
Ayyyeee DeMelo with his first as a Senator, may it be the first of many!
Thanks given by: