Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Regular season game thread 2018-2019
76 games left but they have been really impressive so far. I am very surprised how the forward lines have developed. It's a great mix - every line has a different quality and not too many holes: everyone can play.

Stone and Tkachuk wreck havoc every shift. I love it.

No coincidence their best 2 games have been without Ceci. Hes not out there for 22-25 mins ***** around so less time in their zone.
Thanks given by:
I think Ceci getting injured was a blessing in disguise as it allowed Boucher to see that although our defense is young and inexperienced, it isnt necessary to overplay Ceci just because he's the most veteran. Also with the way Chabot and Lajoie are leading the way offensively, maybe Ceci can focus more on the defensive side and no longer have to worry about being the one to drive the offense since he clearly isn't that kind of defenseman. I think it works put perfectly having Boro, Ceci and DeMelo as your defensive minded guys while Chabot, Lajoie and Wideman can be give more rope to chip in offensively.
Thanks given by:
Is it possible we're better without karlsson? Sounds stupid, eh? But the idea is starting to creep into my head.
Thanks given by:
(Today, 07:51 AM)RyeRocks Wrote: Is it possible we're better without karlsson?  Sounds stupid, eh?  But the idea is starting to creep into my head.

I get the feeling that there was something going on in the dressing room that we have not yet heard the whole of and the air has now been cleared.
Thanks given by:
I don’t think they are a better team overall, but his removal from the team also removed a lot of the drama in the locker room. Guys are playing looser and look like they are having fun out there. I can imagine having to tip toe around certain issues takes its toll after a while on team morale and chemistry. There are also new leadership roles up for grabs, possibly increasing motivation for the young guys who are hungry to fill them.

Maybe it was indeed a trade that had to be made for the good of the team moving forward.

I would still take him back in a heart beat though.
Thanks given by:
Brady Tkachuk has a torn ligament in his leg and will miss a month - that's too bad, he's been settling in very well.
Thanks given by:
God damn it.

Just when things were finally going OK for once, the team has another set back.

I wonder if he’s been playing on it since the beginning of the season as he missed the first game. Or did this one just happen?
Thanks given by:
Damn that sounds bad, he's really made a difference with the team and has been producing too. Oh well, other guys will have to step up until he's ready to come back. That's quite a bit of injuries though early on with Formenton, Dzingel, Ceci and now Tjachuk.
Thanks given by:
Dammit, I hope guys like Paul get some playing time and show their worth. I also hope Boucher isn't too stubborn on using 7 D. Just throw one on the forward line lol. But if it's working no issue i guess
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
And don’t forget about Pageau too. I would also include Gaborik, but I’m not sure he will ever play for us again anyways. Injuries hitting early and hard this season.

Hopefully they bring up that Balcers guy. Or actually play Paul if they call him back up.
Thanks given by:
(9 hours ago)Pouzar Wrote: Brady Tkachuk has a torn ligament in his leg and will miss a month - that's too bad, he's been settling in very well.

Oh man that absolutely sucks!!
Thanks given by:
Wasn't Paul a healthy scratch so Boucher could play 7d?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: