Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Regular season game thread 2018-2019
Lol the Sharks look like they're toying with us, possession heavy team
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Nilsson is playing phenomenal
Thanks given by:
Argh, down 2-0 against, we've had decent scoring chances but can't pull through. Have 13 min left to try and fight
Thanks given by:
And as i posted that Dzingel had an amazing shot and scored!
Thanks given by:
Melker Karlsson makes it 4-1 with an empty netter and we get rekt by a team built for a deep run
Thanks given by:
AVALANCHE (21-17-8) at SENATORS (17-24-5)

7 p.m. ET; SN, TVAS, ALT, NHL.TV

The Game
Thomas Chabot and Matt Duchene will return to the lineup for the Ottawa Senators when they host the Colorado Avalanche at Canadian Tire Centre on Wednesday.

Chabot has missed eight games because of an upper-body injury, sustained when he was hit by New York Islanders forward Matt Martin in a 6-3 Ottawa loss on Dec. 28. He will play on the Senators first defense pair with Dylan DeMelo.

Duchene missed all three games on Ottawa's California road trip because of the birth of his first child, Beau David Newell Duchene. The center will play between Ryan Dzingel and Bobby Ryan on the Senators second line.

Goalie Anders Nilsson will start for Ottawa, which looks for its third win in four games following an eight-game losing streak (0-7-1).

Goalie Semyon Varlamov will start for the Avalanche, who are 2-7-2 in their past 11 games.

Players to watch
Avalanche center Nathan MacKinnon has no points in his past two games after having 11 points (five goals, six assists) in an eight-game point streak; he has yet to go three straight games without a point this season.

Senators forward Bobby Ryan has eight points (three goals, five assists) in a seven-game point streak.

They said it
"We try to keep our guys refreshed any way we can, whether that's with rest, a little time away from the rink, try to be a little lighter when we come here and make sure they're still having fun. … Happy hockey players are productive hockey players." -- Avalanche coach Jared Bednar on Colorado playing the finale of a five-game road trip

"I think they always know where they are on the ice. Obviously, they're real dangerous any time they're on the ice [and] they're all three very talented players." -- Senators defenseman Thomas Chabot on Colorado's forward line of Gabriel Landeskog, Nathan MacKinnon and Mikko Rantanen
Status report
Ottawa will dress 11 forwards and seven defensemen if all defensemen on the roster are healthy, coach Guy Boucher said. … Nilsson left practice with an illness Tuesday but will play. … Boucher said Anderson may be available Saturday.

Stat pack
Rantanen has 40 points (14 goals, 26 assists) in his past 27 games. … The Senators have allowed at least four goals in six of their past nine games.

IMO, we played well against the Shacks. We couldn't get puck control as we were 35% on face offs, odd because we're normally pretty good at them.

GO SENS GO
When sound found rhythm the dimensions of joy exploded.
Thanks given by:
Hoping the Avs keeps slumping and we pull off a win!
Thanks given by:
As if that 4-2 goal was over turned? I had to watch it on mute but it looked like the argument was goalie interference? Didnt look that bad to me.
Thanks given by:
5-2 win. Nilsson was solid, Duchene drove our offense, and Chabot wasn't shabby at all for his first game in 2 weeks.

On to the next one, GO SENS GO!
Thanks given by:
(4 hours ago)Ryu65 Wrote: As if that 4-2 goal was over turned? I had to watch it on mute but it looked like the argument was goalie interference? Didnt look that bad to me.

the net was dislodged.
When sound found rhythm the dimensions of joy exploded.
Thanks given by: Ryu65