Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Regular season game thread 2018-2019
Daccord making his first start against Buffalo!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
At least boro is not taking up a spot in place of the new guys/kids
Thanks given by:
As much as I'd love for the Habs to miss the playoffs, I'd really enjoy a higher pick in this year's 1st round, so what are the odds that CBJ loses tonight AND we can beat them tomorrow?

Would be hilarious if we can knock them out, but I'm happy either way.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-05, 05:07 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: As much as I'd love for the Habs to miss the playoffs, I'd really enjoy a higher pick in this year's 1st round, so what are the odds that CBJ loses tonight AND we can beat them tomorrow?

Would be hilarious if we can knock them out, but I'm happy either way.

Best case scenario is CBJ gets knocked out and Duchene re-signs anyway, but I'm fine if the BJs make it as long as Duchene re-signs. It's just that they have to put up a fight against Tampa to show that its worth Duchene's time to re-sign.

I want Karlsson to have a beastly playoffs and re-sign with SJ as well. I doubt he comes back and want the most out of that trade and another 1st rounder (even if its 31st overall) helps out
Thanks given by:
The habs will still have to win (or get loser point) their last game to squeeze out the blue jackets if they lose both games. They don't control their own fate --> deserve to miss playoffs.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-05, 05:44 PM)FashionPolice Wrote: The habs will still have to win (or get loser point) their last game to squeeze out the blue jackets if they lose both games. They don't control their own fate --> deserve to miss playoffs.

Would be nice to see them finish 9th a few more times for the foreseeable future and then take our place as the garbage of the Atlantic after they decide to move Price and Weber. Would be even better if Toronto decided to take turns with the Habs in finishing 9th
Thanks given by:
Habs are officially out, time for the Bolts to sweep the Jackets now
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-05, 10:36 PM)bicboi Wrote: Habs are officially out, time for the Bolts to sweep the Jackets now

What can I say? Misery loves company Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-05, 10:36 PM)bicboi Wrote: Habs are officially out, time for the Bolts to sweep the Jackets now

Ottawa is in a meaningful Game 82, while the Habs are not! Habs (and all right-thinking hockey fans) need Ottawa to beat CBJ, tonight, so they'll have to face Tampa in the first round, for sure. Columbus should not prosper by their decision not to trade Panarin and Bobrovsky.
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-06, 01:21 PM)FormalWare Wrote:

Ottawa is in a meaningful Game 82, while the Habs are not! Habs (and all right-thinking hockey fans) need Ottawa to beat CBJ, tonight, so they'll have to face Tampa in the first round, for sure. Columbus should not prosper by their decision not to trade Panarin and Bobrovsky.

Because Washington would be such an easy opponent for Columbus? Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-06, 01:39 PM)Ryu65 Wrote:

Against Washington, Columbus would have a real shot at winning its first playoff series, ever. Against Tampa, no shot whatsoever.

Go, Senators!
---
"Obviously, probably, you know, scoring probably helps." - Carey Price
Thanks given by:

The one team I want to win is Columbus.
I want Duchene to re-sign there and land us another first rounder.
Plus, I like their brand of Hockey. And so many x-Sens...
Also,for all the crap on Torts, I really changed my tune on him when I found out just how much of an animal lover he is (like me) and uses his earned fortunes to help in anyway he can.
Great story about him...
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-06, 02:24 PM)SenStanley Wrote:

The one team I want to win is Columbus.
I want Duchene to re-sign there and land us another first rounder.
Plus, I like their brand of Hockey. And so many x-Sens...
Also,for all the crap on Torts, I really changed my tune on him when I found out just how much of an animal lover he is (like me) and uses his earned fortunes to help in anyway he can.
Great story about him...

Pretty much all this. Just checked up to see Torts being an animal lover. He's big in helping humane societies so it's another plus for me. Wouldn't mind seeing the Blue Jackets make a run
Thanks given by:
Damnit 2-0 BlowJackets.
Thanks given by:
freaking Duclair should have had 2-3 goals by now. 3-1 Jackets, we really need to sign Gibbons, he'll be great for these young guys next year.
Thanks given by:
6-2 loss to close out the season
Thanks given by:
And that's it folks, final game...no more Sens games for another 5-6 months :-/

Damnit.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-06, 07:27 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: freaking Duclair should have had 2-3 goals by now. 3-1 Jackets, we really need to sign Gibbons, he'll be great for these young guys next year.

Yeah, plus Paajarvi and Lindberg. That Lindberg, Paajarvi and Duclair line might provide some form of respectability for our offense next year
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-06, 11:27 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: And that's it folks, final game...no more Sens games for another 5-6 months :-/

Damnit.

I just wanna try to enjoy the playoff hockey coming up before having to deal with real life family trolls over our 1st rounder.

Gonna be a long few months
Thanks given by: