Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Vancouver @ Calgary, 1/7/17
[Image: 7up-logo-old-02.jpg]
Seven.

The number of days in the week.  The number of blessings spoken in a Jewish wedding.  The first happy prime.  The number of samurai in Kurosawa's seminal 1954 movie.  Today's January date.  Linden Vey's Canuck jersey number.

Uh...

The Canucks go for consecutive win number seven tonight in the second half of their home-and-home with the Calgary Flames.  Despite being heavily outshot, the Canucks managed a 4-2 victory on the strength of Ryan Miller's standout goaltending and the effort of a team that played most of the game with five defensemen.

Chris Tanev will be replaced by Alex "Bulldog" Biega tonight, and Jacob Markstrom will have the unenviable task of following Miller's 44 save performance from last night.  Undoubtedly the Flames will attempt to play their up-tempo, aggressive style of hockey in their home rink.  Vancouver will need to manage the pressure with help in all areas of the ice.

If the Canucks do manage win number seven tonight it'll match their longest streak since December 2013, when current Columbus coach John Tortorella was behind the Vancouver bench.  They will have to play with speed, intelligence, determination and focus to pull it off.  If they do, they will vault the Flames in the standings and be one point ahead of them at the 42-game mark of the season.

Seven is up.

Puck drops at 7 PM (CBC).

Go Canucks Go!
Thanks given by: C_Squared , C_Squared
Excellent start to the thread Ab as per usual.

Flames will get the match ups they want today. The Canucks need to more zone time in the Flames end than they did last night.
Thanks given by:
tough game coming up but the Flames are no less tired than the Canucks and maybe even less sleep as it is difficult to go home in the middle of the night to family, wife, gf or even your own digs and not be distracted,,......hotels are usually easier to fall into sleep at.   

Lets go for the upset!

Go Canucks Go!
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
Video 
[quote='abdemarco' pid='650183' dateline='1483821221']
[Image: 7up-logo-old-02.jpg]
Seven.

The number of days in the week.  The number of blessings spoken in a Jewish wedding.  The first happy prime.  The number of samurai in Kurosawa's seminal 1954 movie.  Today's January date.  Linden Vey's Canuck jersey number.

Uh...

The Canucks go for consecutive win number seven tonight in the second half of their home-and-home with the Calgary Flames.  Despite being heavily outshot, the Canucks managed a 4-2 victory on the strength of Ryan Miller's standout goaltending and the effort of a team that played most of the game with five defensemen.

Chris Tanev will be replaced by Alex "Bulldog" Biega tonight, and Jacob Markstrom will have the unenviable task of following Miller's 44 save performance from last night.  Undoubtedly the Flames will attempt to play their up-tempo, aggressive style of hockey in their home rink.  Vancouver will need to manage the pressure with help in all areas of the ice.

If the Canucks do manage win number seven tonight it'll match their longest streak since December 2013, when current Columbus coach John Tortorella was behind the Vancouver bench.  They will have to play with speed, intelligence, determination and focus to pull it off.  If they do, they will vault the Flames in the standings and be one point ahead of them at the 42-game mark of the season.

Seven is up.

Puck drops at 7 PM (CBC).

Go Canucks Go!
[QUOTE]

Seven? Yeah, I guess I could see it. Seven. Seven periods of

school, seven beatings a day. Roughly seven stitches a beating, and eventually

seven years to life
Thanks given by:
AB;   Wink

DROP THE PUCK !!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO !!!!!

[Image: voodoo-doll-calgary-flames.gif]
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 03:39 PM)topgun Wrote: Excellent start to the thread Ab as per usual.

Flames will get the match ups they want today. The Canucks need to more zone time in the Flames end than they did last night.

After being out shot 44 - 13 that may be a good thing.
Thanks given by:
Going to be a tough game tonight. 

Go Canucks Go!!!
My Honda Civic has an Infinite Improbability Drive

Thanks given by:
Sounds like the Flamers are making a couple of line up changes... likely including their other tender... Calgary coach talking about lack of physical play last night, so fully expect the Red Menace to come out hitting!!!

Key is to get past the first 10 minutes with A) no more injuries to the D and B) no goals against.... Not sure which one is going to be easier to achieve...

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
Well.... we didn't even drop the puck and are already down a D... Hutton out....

Un - FRACKIN - believable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
So Tanev out last game.
Now Hutton out.

Knock the midgets into next week. That's all I can say.
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
Horvat

2 - 1 calgary

All canucks to start the 2nd.
Thanks given by:
Horvat just keeps getting better and better. You have to love his passion to improve his game in every way. He reminds me of the Sedins in that way.
Thanks given by:
Bo Horvat just might turn out to be the best player taken in the 2013 draft. How crazy is that.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 11:12 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: Bo Horvat just might turn out to be the best player taken in the 2013 draft. How crazy is that.

Somewhere MG is smilin'.        It should not be surprising people anymore.
Thanks given by:
That was an elbow by Hathaway
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 11:15 PM)shoes Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 11:12 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: Bo Horvat just might turn out to be the best player taken in the 2013 draft. How crazy is that.

I remember in 2013 saying on this board that I really hope Bo Horvat would fall to us with the number 26 pick. Seems crazy now since he was taken number 9, but people have to remember that he was actually projected to fall to the twenties. Mike Gillis actually reached for him, albeit pretty sure many were considering it. None the less, credit is due where it is due. I don't think there is a player in that draft I would take over Bo Horvat for everything he does on the ice. Not even Nathan MacKinnon.

Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 11:15 PM)topgun Wrote: That was an elbow by Hathaway

Yeah it was......time to hurt a Flame.     They can dish it but not take it.
Thanks given by:
(2017-01-07, 11:19 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 11:15 PM)shoes Wrote:

I member in 2013 saying on this board that I really hope Bo Horvat fell to us with the number 26 pick. Seems crazy now since he was taken number 9, but people have to remember that he was actually projected to fall to the twenties. Mike Gillis actually reached for him, albeit pretty sure many were considering it. None the less, credit is due where it is due. I don't think there is a player in that draft I would take over Bo Horvat for everything he does on the ice. Not even Nathan MacKinnon.

I would think that every round that passed by and horvat was still available, MG must have been trying to get that teams pick

jersey was his best bet since their was no replacement for brodeur

I remember the next day on team 1040 and that interview with dale hunter, he was being incredibly humble about what he thought of one of his players, by simply saying that Vancouver got a good one there

when it comes to junior players, I am not sure I would value any other opinion over hunters

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go

Thanks given by:
Nice pressure in the 2nd here.

Whatever happens today, you have to like the character they have been showing lately.

Wow. nifty pass to Megma there. Grin At least he got it on net.

Hey Marsh, you should be at this game.
In a Burrows jersey or something Wink
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
Megna could not have hit Johnson on the crest if he had 10 free shots but somehow he nails the Flamer logo on that shot.
Thanks given by: