Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Thread: Vancouver @ Florida, 10/13/18
[Image: luongo_game7_3.0.jpg]

It's only fitting that as the Vancouver Canucks and Florida Panthers play tonight, in a pre-game ceremony current Panther goalie Roberto Luongo will be honoured for playing 1000 games in the NHL. Luongo suited up 448 times during the regular season for Vancouver, and 528 times so far for Florida. Only Hall of Famers Patrick Roy (1029 GP) and Martin Brodeur (1266 GP) have played in more regular season NHL games in their careers.

The game this afternoon will have its own interesting storylines, with Canuck rookie sensation Elias Pettersson looking to tie the 26-year old Canuck record for most consecutive games with a point to start his career, Brock Boeser looking to build off his goal-producing performance in Tampa, and Jake "Shotgun" Virtanen looking to single-handedly increase beer sales across British Columbia. Even so, I think it wouldn't be so bad to spend at least some of the GDT reminiscing about Luongo's time in Vancouver.

Suggestion: before the game gets started, why not post some of your favourite memories of Luongo as a Canuck?

There should be a few!

Puck drops at 4 PM (SNET1).

Go Canucks Go!
Thanks given by:
I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle#LUON8O

—Strombone (@strombone1) February 25, 2013
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-13, 01:07 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle#LUON8O

—Strombone (@strombone1) February 25, 2013

Suggestion: before the game gets started, why not post some of your favourite memories of Luongo as a Canuck?

When Luongo was announcing Vancouver's pick at the draft and forgot how to speak french at the podium. 
Thanks given by:
His 72 saves performance vs the Stars in the playoffs. That was legendary.

I think #1 should be up in the rafters one day.

Thanks given by:
(2018-10-13, 03:16 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: His 72 saves performance vs the Stars in the playoffs. That was legendary.

I don't like how many players we have in the rafters already. 

Luo is a no. honerable but no.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-13, 03:22 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:
(2018-10-13, 03:16 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: His 72 saves performance vs the Stars in the playoffs. That was legendary.

I don't like how many players we have in the rafters already. 

Luo is a no. honerable but no.

Future hall of famer and is easily the greatest G in franchise history. His #1 deserves to be up in the rafters.

Thanks given by:
We can't just retire everyone who plays 5 seasons for us. After the sedins go up we have as many players as some of the teams who've won the cup 5+ times.

It should of never started.

No one else unless they contribute to an actual cup win.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-13, 04:12 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: We can't just retire everyone who plays 5 seasons for us. After the sedins go up we have as many players as some of the teams who've won the cup 5+ times.

It should of never started.

No one else unless they contribute to an actual cup win.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Luongo played in Vancouver for 8 years.

But i agree with you, we have too many retired jerseys. The #1 criteria for me if you're going to retire a player's jersey is talent. If you're a HALL OF FAME type of talent and you're a big part of the team for a long time, in Luongo's case, 8 years, then it should be automatic.

Bure, Sedins and Luongo. They are thr only ones that deserves to have their jerseys retired imo.

Thanks given by:
LUUUUUUUUUUUUU, miss you and wish you were still playing for the Nucks!  Sad

Hopefully he gets to play in Vancouver again whenever Florida goes there
Thanks given by:
Shame theres so many empty seats for this game
Thanks given by:
Chris Tanev is having an incredible game. Jay Beagle is showing why JB wanted him so badly. He's one of the best PK'ers I've ever seen here in Vancouver.
Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx
Oh baby, Pettersson with another power play goal!!!! Ties the game up at 1
Thanks given by:
The point streak continues!
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-13, 07:46 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Oh baby, Pettersson with another power play goal!!!! Ties the game up at 1

Nice shot..
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
that was a stupid penalty
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Thanks given by:
Pettersson is insane!

Thanks given by:
5 goals, 5 games. Incredible.

Florida putting double coverage on Brock, leaving Pettersson wide open. Not very smart.
Thanks given by:
Haven't been this excited for a Canucks player since we acquired Luongo haha
Thanks given by:
The problem with the Canucks so far is they take so many penalties, stupid penalties too.

Thanks given by:
that shot.... Happy
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by: