Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones, season 8 (FOR THOSE CAUGHT UP)
Away we go, what'd everyone think?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Did not disappoint.

Was hoping for a bit more when it came to the reveal of Jon Snow's lineage.

What does he now do with this information?
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
Argh, as always I'm cursing at the end of the episode because I want more. We had to wait more then a year ffs!

Naw but it was a good opening episode. It tied all the little big things together by having characters reunite and having those that have never met meet for the first time. 

Best scene was Dany meeting Sam and telling him she executed his brother and father. That scene was powerful and John Bradley killed it. When he tells Jon about his lineage that was amazing acting as well! To me, those scenes and the other ones where everyone airs out how they had annointed Jon as King in the North sows the seed that might lead to Jon realizing he'd be a better option as king over Dany. Sam pointed out how Jon's been a good leader who's spared lives in the past and Jon didn't really have a good response for that. Good way to organically build Jon as a THE leader and not just reinforce the "Chosen One trope" imo. 

Still not sold on the script giving Sansa so much credit. Didn't feel authentic when Tyrion talked to her and her not appearing even remotely apologetic made me hate her even more. Won't br surprised at all if she ends up trying to back stab everyone. 

Was surprised at Arya being on team Sansa with the whole "family" nonsense. The sisters really need to get it in their head that Jon's rationale is objectively right, they can't fight the white walkers without Dany. 

I'm really glad Tormund and Ed survived. Great characters and the scene with the Umber kid was kinda scary. I liked the Gendry-Arya weapon moment and the Bronn scene reminds us that as lovable as he is, he's a mercenary in it for himself. 

I have one major hope for next episode. Brienne and Tormund reunion with funny one liners.
Thanks given by:
Great opening episode. How the hell are they going to wrap this up in 5 more episodes.
Thanks given by:
Whoa - what's up with Jamie? Did he just sneak into Winterfell? Did I hear right - Cersei wants Bronn to kill both him and Tyrion?
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-14, 11:01 PM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Great opening episode. How the hell are they going to wrap this up in 5 more episodes.

I know eh. Hopefully the rest of the episodes are really long.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 12:10 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 11:01 PM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Great opening episode. How the hell are they going to wrap this up in 5 more episodes.

I know eh. Hopefully the rest of the episodes are really long.

I thought I had heard that the episodes this year were all going to be over an hour but this one I think was 58 minutes. It was still a great episode, I just was expecting a longer one/

Also, it does not seem like the wall is too far away from Winterfell so why is the Night King's army not there already?
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by:
I really liked it. As for Jamie, the lil' preview for next week looks great - the Kingslayer is brought before Dani!
Thanks given by:
Now there will be obvious divide between Jon and Dany and, IMO, there is only one way that Dany would ever believe that Jon is a Targarian because why would she believe Sam (who one could assume would want revenge after she killed his father and brother). So I have a feeling Jon, in some insane scenario, ends up engulfed in flames, just like Dany did when she burned down that hut. Of course Jon will survive it and prove that he is the father of dragons.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 09:27 AM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Now there will be obvious divide between Jon and Dany and, IMO, there is only one way that Dany would ever believe that Jon is a Targarian because why would she believe Sam (who one could assume would want revenge after she killed his father and brother). So I have a feeling Jon, in some insane scenario, ends up engulfed in flames, just like Dany did when she burned down that hut. Of course Jon will survive it and prove that he is the father of dragons.

Good point.  The dragons were looking at him curiously -  has he encountered fire at any point in the series?
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 09:38 AM)poppabyrd Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 09:27 AM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Now there will be obvious divide between Jon and Dany and, IMO, there is only one way that Dany would ever believe that Jon is a Targarian because why would she believe Sam (who one could assume would want revenge after she killed his father and brother). So I have a feeling Jon, in some insane scenario, ends up engulfed in flames, just like Dany did when she burned down that hut. Of course Jon will survive it and prove that he is the father of dragons.

Good point.  The dragons were looking at him curiously -  has he encountered fire at any point in the series?

He burnt his hand in the first or second season when fighting a white walker at Castle Black. He's not immune to it so Dany better not go all Arys Targaryan on him.

What does everyone think of the symbol the Night King left at the Umber keep? We've seen it before as well. I wonder if there's significance to it other then marking territory
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 09:51 AM)bicboi Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 09:38 AM)poppabyrd Wrote:

He burnt his hand in the first or second season when fighting a white walker at Castle Black. He's not immune to it so Dany better not go all Arys Targaryan on him.

What does everyone think of the symbol the Night King left at the Umber keep? We've seen it before as well. I wonder if there's significance to it other then marking territory

Ah, I don't remember that part. But was it a real burn or was it just a normal reaction to being touched by fire or something super hot? Although Dany's brother was killed by hot melted gold over his head, so I suppose Jon best not test that theory Silly

So did the Night King send some scouts ahead to leave a message or did they already pass through? Either way they are obviously nearby. Also, does the Night King and his army bring winter wherever they go or can they only travel when it is winter?
Thanks given by:
I'm wondering if this season is going to end with Dany being the real bad guy? She comes from a family with a history of insanity, and she's seeming more and more cold and imperious. Might be she goes full "Mad King" and needs to get put down hard.
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by: Bully
(2019-04-15, 10:23 AM)HockeyHippy Wrote: I'm wondering if this season is going to end with Dany being the real bad guy? She comes from a family with a history of insanity, and she's seeming more and more cold and imperious. Might be she goes full "Mad King" and needs to get put down hard.

This is what I'm thinking. I think she will lose her mind once she learns she is not the true heiress to the throne.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 10:55 AM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 10:23 AM)HockeyHippy Wrote: I'm wondering if this season is going to end with Dany being the real bad guy? She comes from a family with a history of insanity, and she's seeming more and more cold and imperious. Might be she goes full "Mad King" and needs to get put down hard.

This is what I'm thinking. I think she will lose her mind once she learns she is not the true heiress to the throne.

So many scenarios can play out, which is one of the reasons this show is so amazing. I have a feeling some main characters will begin dropping, perhaps as soon as next episode. Too many have survived too long and you just feel a main character will bite the dust. 

We had to wait over 500 days for last night's episode and now I have a tough time waiting another 6 days for the next episode
Thanks given by:
I am curious how well they are going to play out the politics. We as the audience know the real threat is the Night King and his army. We've also scene the solution with all that Dragon glass, but it won't play out that linear. Are politics and titles going to get in the way and leave them vulnerable? If they do win, will the cost be too great? Both are pretty cliche. It's the final season - I don't want to spend too much time watching people squabble over titles.
My favourite part from last night's episode is the Night King's message. This is the first time I've seen such a cerebral zombie. It's more than just hoards of the mindless undead.
I feel for Jaime. For a guys who was so evil in the beginning, he's proved him self to be one of the better people in this world. And he just can't catch a break.
Thanks given by:

Imagine if Tyrion gets named Queenslayer.
Thanks given by:
Her goal wasn't to be another spoke on the wheel, her deal is to break the wheel. I don't think Jon being the "rightful heir" changes that.

And, I don't think Jon/Aegon wants it either.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-15, 11:15 AM)ZappaScores Wrote: I am curious how well they are going to play out the politics. We as the audience know the real threat is the Night King and his army. We've also scene the solution with all that Dragon glass, but it won't play out that linear. Are politics and titles going to get in the way and leave them vulnerable? If they do win, will the cost be too great? Both are pretty cliche. It's the final season - I don't want to spend too much time watching people squabble over titles.
My favourite part from last night's episode is the Night King's message. This is the first time I've seen such a cerebral zombie. It's more than just hoards of the mindless undead.
I feel for Jaime. For a guys who was so evil in the beginning, he's proved him self to be one of the better people in this world. And he just can't catch a break.

Good post, illustrates my thoughts. They can go the happy ending route by teaming up and learning from their squabbles while beating the night king. Maybe a twist here and there or everyone retreating to Kings Landing to show Cersei that the threat is bigger then her desires.

Or everyone dies because the royals can't stop squabbling. That would fit in line with the themes of the show, and be a continuation of that.
Thanks given by:
Absolutely allegiances will be broken.

Man, what is Cercei planning...she is way too calm.
Thanks given by: