Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaudette Called Up
With Brandon Sutter injured and looking like that he will be out for a lengthy period of time, the Canucks have called up Adam Gaudette to fill the roster spot.
Thanks given by:
We have an injured player? Sutter? Who'd have guessed?
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
...and the youth movement continues!

All under 23 (in decreasing order by age):

Tyler Motte 1995-03-10

Bo Horvat 1995-04-05

Nikolay Goldobin 1995-10-07

Thatcher Demko 1995-12-08

Zack MacEwen 1996-07-08

Jake Virtanen 1996-08-17

Adam Gaudette 1996-10-03

Brock Boeser 1997-02-25

Elias Pettersson 1998-11-12

Michael DiPietro 1999-06-09
Thanks given by:
How did Sutter get hurt. he's been invisible since returning.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 11:05 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: How did Sutter get hurt. he's been invisible since returning.

who knows?

Sutter missed 30 games earlier this season with his shoulder issue.

In the past 26 games he's manged just 6 bloody points. 
And now he's hurt again. Not impressed.
Where I live, it's always Saturday afternoon just before the beach bars close.

Thanks given by:
(2019-02-13, 01:19 AM)C_Squared Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 11:05 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: How did Sutter get hurt. he's been invisible since returning.

who knows?

Actually i think this could be a blessing in disguise. Sutter is always injured and has never really fit... Both Beagle & Horvat are just fine defensively and you could throw Granlund @ C if needed,  so easing in Gaudette for the rest of the season works both for the player and the team going forward.
Thanks given by: Highstyx
He gets hurt stepping on the ice. Oh well, good chance to get Gaudette back in. On with the youth movement.
Thanks given by:
Percy,

Sutter is a big loss on the PK. He's among the best in the league. Look at the right column of the graph. It's the league leaders in the least goals allowed on the PK per 60 minutes played on the PK.

[Image: DzDx9syUYAERr29.jpg]
Thanks given by: Highstyx
(2019-02-13, 04:44 AM)Percy Bigalow Wrote:

who knows?

Actually i think this could be a blessing in disguise. Sutter is always injured and has never really fit... Both Beagle & Horvat are just fine defensively and you could throw Granlund @ C if needed,  so easing in Gaudette for the rest of the season works both for the player and the team going forward.

Agreed.

Gaudette looks so much more confident now after spending some time in Utica. At this point he does way more than Sutter. You've got to think he has played his last AHL game.

Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx
(2019-02-15, 02:17 PM)Canuxxx Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 04:44 AM)Percy Bigalow Wrote:

who knows?

Agreed.

Gaudette looks so much more confident now after spending some time in Utica. At this point he does way more than Sutter. You've got to think he has played his last AHL game.

On the $$$. Adam Gaudette Has been much better since getting more time in the AHL. That snapper he scored in LA was eerily similar to what he used to score at Northeastern U.
Thanks given by:
I try to refer back to the about 16 years ago. The Canucks started to yo-yo the players back and forth between the AHL and the NHL during call ups. It really helped in their development. Those players include Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Tanev, Hansen, Raymond, Schneider, Grabner, Bieksa, Bourdon (RIP) and Rypien. Crawford and Vigneault did a great job with the young players.

Travis Green needs to play the players that get called up instead sitting as an extra during a call up. Let the players learn on the ice in the NHL, go back, improve on their deficiencies and come back to the NHL as better players. Adam Gaudette is an example of the yo-yo effect. He played well during the first call up but he's looked really good the last two games.

The Canucks have about a 13% chance of making the playoffs. It's a good time to test out some of the prospects to give them experience and see where they're at. That's what happened a decade plus ago when the prospects showed they could play when given a chance.

Meanwhile the Oil are trying to figure out the best way to destroy or trade Jesse Pulijarvi.
Thanks given by:
Puljujarvi is a player with about 5x more potential than he has shown. Worth a significant gamble. I would offer Juolevi and a conditional 1st for him.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-16, 02:17 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: Puljujarvi is a player with about 5x more potential than he has shown. Worth a significant gamble. I would offer Juolevi and a conditional 1st for him.

Bit rich there CF89 IMO take a way the first and make it a 2nd or 3rd then i think its a fair swap but no way the oil would trade him to here
Thanks given by:
That’s why I put in the first. I actually think he can be very productive here in Vancouver. I personally think it would make sense for the oilers. Juolevi played with and groomed Bouchard. And they need defence just as badly as we do. And our LHD prospects and players are less scarce than the right side.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-16, 02:42 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: That’s why I put in the first. I actually think he can be very productive here in Vancouver. I personally think it would make sense for the oilers. Juolevi played with and groomed Bouchard. And they need defence just as badly as we do. And our LHD prospects and players are less scarce than the right side.

No thank you re: Puliyarvi (ok you spell it). First round dud... sort of. We need to get tougher, not softer

and we called up Luke Schenn
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-16, 02:42 AM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: That’s why I put in the first. I actually think he can be very productive here in Vancouver. I personally think it would make sense for the oilers. Juolevi played with and groomed Bouchard. And they need defence just as badly as we do. And our LHD prospects and players are less scarce than the right side.

I think the oilers probably rushed his progress somewhat but there is the possibility that he's just not what everybody thought.

It's very hard to determine what Puljujarvi is actually worth.  A 1st round pick for a 1st rounder who so far hasn't panned out?? Why would anyone do that?  
Swapping 1st rounders who so far haven't panned out? Probably closer to expectations.

Oilers might find someone to trade with but I doubt they'd trade Puljujarvi to the Canucks anyway.

Thanks given by:
(2019-02-16, 03:03 AM)C_Squared Wrote:

It's very hard to determine what Puljujarvi is actually worth.  A 1st round pick for a 1st rounder who so far hasn't panned out?? Why would anyone do that?  

Agreed on the first sentence. His value is very tough to assess. However, Puljujarvi has played 3 seasons in the NHL and was a third overall pick who still shows that skill set that made him 3rd overall.

I’m not crazy on this year’s draft. I’m not even sure if you can get a key player where we will be drafting.

Puljujarvi has the ability to be a top six guy in the right environment. Jmho
Thanks given by: C_Squared , C_Squared

The main problem here is that the Oilers don't need a left shot D, they need someone that can play 2RD.

They have:

Klefbom
Nurse
Sekera (about to be activated - looking good in his conditioning stint
Russell (been playing 2RD for 3 years now)

Jones (NHL ready)
Lagesson (very close to NHL ready)

What about:

Puljujarvi, Russell

Juolevi, Tanev, 2nd
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-16, 04:28 AM)Pouzar Wrote:

The main problem here is that the Oilers don't need a left shot D, they need someone that can play 2RD.

They have:

Klefbom
Nurse

Jones (NHL ready)

What about:

Puljujarvi, Russell

Juolevi, Tanev, 2nd

I've always been in the don't trade Tanev camp. Loved him since he first stepped on the ice here.
My goodness the injuries are constant though, mostly bad luck. He's had pucks to the face, deflections off hands, etc. Just wish he didn't have the Canuck injury luck. 

Juolevi has had a bunch of injuries too which has set him back and made assessing him difficult.
I honestly have no idea what we have with him. 

Your trade Pouz is probably closer to fair than I'd like to admit.

Thanks given by: Pouzar
(2019-02-16, 12:16 PM)C_Squared Wrote:
(2019-02-16, 04:28 AM)Pouzar Wrote:

They have:

Klefbom
Nurse

Jones (NHL ready)

What about:

Puljujarvi, Russell

Juolevi, Tanev, 2nd

I've always been in the don't trade Tanev camp. Loved him since he first stepped on the ice here.
My goodness the injuries are constant though, mostly bad luck. He's had pucks to the face, deflections off hands, etc. Just wish he didn't have the Canuck injury luck. 

Juolevi has had a bunch of injuries too which has set him back and made assessing him difficult.
I honestly have no idea what we have with him. 

Your trade Pouz is probably closer to fair than I'd like to admit.

Tanev and Salo were apparently twins, separated at birth in a different life. Both really good defense men whenever healthy. 

I'm really not sure what to make of Juolevi. He's been a slow starter and was just starting to show promise when he was knocked out for the season. Losing basically an entire development season is going to really set him back compared to others playing at his age. I'm really hoping he develops into a decent NHL player because even if he doesn't become great he can still be a trade chip. Not so much if he's a career AHLer.
Thanks given by: