Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General B-ball thread
Didn't want to make a thread just about Harden, but the dude had 60 points in a triple double yesterday. Don't see that everyday.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
That was a performance for the ages!
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-31, 03:57 PM)bicboi Wrote: Didn't want to make a thread just about Harden, but the dude had 60 points in a triple double yesterday. Don't see that everyday.

Bic there are probably 20 or so guys in the NBA that could that. But most of them choose to pass the ball!
Thanks given by:
He also took more shots than the rest of the starters combined!
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-31, 06:09 PM)duediligence Wrote: He also took more shots than the rest of the starters combined!

His FG% was 63%. He was efficient.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-01, 01:50 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(2018-01-31, 06:09 PM)duediligence Wrote: He also took more shots than the rest of the starters combined!

His FG% was 63%. He was efficient.

Harden and Westbrook are notorious ball hogs. The only guys in the league that average more than twenty shots a game.
In this game Harden took 30 shots and went to the line 18 times. If virtually every possession runs through him and he takes that many shots he darn well better score over 50 and on a great night score 70. I'd expect your boy LeBron to score 60 as well under those circumstances!
Thanks given by:
He did have a triple double in addition to those 60 plus points.

What an impressive performance!

Harden and Westbrook are ball hogs in the same way that Patrick Kane and Connor McDavid are puck hogs!

Not to mention, basketball is the one major North American professional sport where a superstar can figuratively win games on his own.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-01, 09:17 AM)Pouzar Wrote: He did have a triple double in addition to those 60 plus points.

What an impressive performance!

Harden and Westbrook are ball hogs in the same way that Patrick Kane and Connor McDavid are puck hogs!

Not to mention, basketball is the one major North American professional sport where a superstar can figuratively win games on his own.

Wilt Chamberlain had 33, yes 33, 60 point plus games including one game scoring 100 points. Now that's impressive!
Thanks given by:
Wayne Gretzky had four seasons of 200 plus points - notwithstanding that, I consider McDavid's 100 points last year impressive let alone if I compare it to what was done in the 50s.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-01, 01:14 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Wayne Gretzky had four seasons of 200 plus points - notwithstanding that, I consider McDavid's 100 points last year impressive let alone if I compare it to what was done in the 50s.

you impress easily!
In Wilt's era there were no 3 point shots. Also in the 1960s, when Wilt played only 1 other player had any 60 point games. That was Elgin Baylor who had 4.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what the point of this tangent is.

Wilt's achievements 50 years ago does not make Harden's performance any less impressive to me.
Thanks given by:
Piston's play the Grizzlies tonight, excited for Griffin's debut. Piston's haven't won back to back games since December...that stat is somewhat alarming.
Thanks given by:
Double-Doubles for Griffin and Drummond. Game was close but a winning debut for Detroit!
Thanks given by:
A triple double with 60 points is insane.

If Harden didn't get hurt earlier in the year he would easily be the top MVP candidate. In fact, he might still be the leading MVP candidate despite missing a few weeks.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-02, 12:36 AM)bicboi Wrote: Double-Doubles for Griffin and Drummond. Game was close but a winning debut for Detroit!

I think it's going to be a winning combination for Detroit. 

Drummond is a beast down low and Griffin can stretch the defense with the range on his jump shot, leaving Drummond down low to clean up the boards and get easy buckets. They are still gonna need a good ball distributor, but they should be good enough to make the playoffs and maybe make a run for the 4th or 5th seed. That should be the goal, because I realistically don't see them beating Boston, Toronto, or Cleveland.
Thanks given by:
Big addition for Boston as they sign Greg Monroe. Their secondary scoring (biggest issue this year) just got a big boost.

There’s rumours the Celtics are the leading contenders for Tyreke Evans too. If they got him, it’s hard to imagine anyone but the Celtics winning the East IMO.
Thanks given by:
Pistons get a win over the trail Blazers. Griffin with 21 and Drummond with 17 pts and 17 rebounds. I really wish he could pass the damn ball sometimes, his passing is really subpar
Thanks given by:
3 way tie for the final spot in the West right now between Clippers, Nuggets, and Jazz. Less than 20 games to go now, who gets in?

OKC only 1.5 up on those 3 too.

Would be a fun 1st round in the West right now. 1 vs 8 would be Houston vs Clippers. 2 v 7 would be Golden State vs OKC.
Thanks given by:
The Jazz have beaten some really tough teams, including Toronto, Golden State, the Spurs, and T-Wolves. You'd think their run of play lately would have vaulted them into a clear playoff position, but they're only "in the conversation" now.

I think there's more good teams (and more bad teams) in the NBA this year and we are going to see a more interesting playoffs. Still, it's hard to imagine GS and Houston not getting to the WCF.

The Pelicans have been on a tear without DMC though, and the Spurs have been falling but might have that Kawhi card still. The Timberwolves are really talented and could be a threat against anyone.
Thanks given by:
Blazers beat Warriors 125-108, Lillard had a phenomenal game!
Thanks given by: