Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General B-ball thread
Cavs lose as well. This is a team that could realistically lose Home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs
Thanks given by:
Lakes spanked the Cavs 127-113

Thunder beat the Kings, Westbrook had a triple-triple! Thunder are playing well but I think they'll finish below the Pelicans and Wolves
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Saw the Pistons get their asses handed to them by the Jazz. They gave up 42 in the 1st quarter and only scored 21. Could never recover from that start. Final score was 110-79
Thanks given by:
Looks like the Spurs might miss too!
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-10, 07:03 AM)encore Wrote: Cavs lose as well. This is a team that could realistically lose Home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs

There's a lot of room for them to fall if they keep losing games.  4 teams within 3.5 games.  There's no danger of missing the playoffs (only cuz they're in the east), but finishing 8th isn't impossible either.
Thanks given by:
LeBron James: "I'm like fine wine. I get better with age."
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-14, 06:59 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote: LeBron James: "I'm like fine wine. I get better with age."

Yes but his teammates are Bud Light!
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-14, 08:46 AM)RyeRocks Wrote:
(2018-03-10, 07:03 AM)encore Wrote: Cavs lose as well. This is a team that could realistically lose Home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs

There's a lot of room for them to fall if they keep losing games.  4 teams within 3.5 games.  There's no danger of missing the playoffs (only cuz they're in the east), but finishing 8th isn't impossible either.

yeah, their lead on 9th is pretty safe (9 game lead), so not dropping out of the playoffs...but as you say..falling to 8th isn't out of the realm of possibility...only 3.5 game lead there.
Thanks given by:
If Milwaukee keeps losing to teams like Orlando like tonight, it'll be a 1st round rematch of last year for the Raps.
Thanks given by:
Milwaukee has really underperformed this year. Granted they’ve been without Parker, they have the talent to easily be a top 4 team in the East. If they get it together, that’s a dangerous opponent in the playoffs
Thanks given by:
Patrick McCaw had an ugly leg injury, hope he recovers all right
Thanks given by:
Kyrie Irving out for the rest of the season including playoffs

So much for Bostons post season aspirations
Thanks given by:
(2018-04-05, 01:37 PM)CTS Wrote: Kyrie Irving out for the rest of the season including playoffs

So much for Bostons post season aspirations

Looks like the door has swung wide open once again for LeBron James & the Cavs in the Eastern Conference.
Thanks given by:
Ugh, brutal news.

Even without Hayward, I thought the Celtics had a shot at the East. Without Kyrie though, they're offense is going to have to come from three pretty unproven players in Rozier, Brown, and Tatum. I don't like our chances, but Brad Stevens is also one of the best coaches in the NBA, and based off recent results should be the Coach of the Year. The bright side is that those three unproven players are going to grow leaps and bounds in the next few months, and come October our lineup is going to be insanely stacked with returning All Star veterans Kyrie Irving, Al Horford, and Gordon Hayward, but also with the emergence of some really good young players in Rozier, Brown, and Tatum. If the Celtics are healthy next season (and they've had enough injuries this season to fill a 3-year quota), then they should run the East along with Philadelphia.

Seriously, this lineup is pretty tough to beat.

Horford
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Irving

A bench featuring guards Smart (if he's brought back) and Rozier, and some more size, such as Monroe or Baynes. That's a really good starting 5, and a really good bench.

Anyway, the opening for the Raptors just got a lot bigger. This will be their best chance to win the East in a very long time.
Thanks given by:
Philly has jumped the Cavs in the standings. I would not want to face the 76ers in the playoffs(I cannot believe i’m saying that). They’re really good and really clicking.
Thanks given by:
crazy standings in the West...

1 game separating 5th, from 9th.
Thanks given by:
I really want to see what the Pelicans do this year. Anthony Davis got rid of his brow...he means business lol
Thanks given by:
down to Minnesota and Denver for the last playoff spot in the West.

Denver on a 6 game win streak, last ditch playoff surge.
Thanks given by:
Minnesota better win. Their team has wayyy too much young talent to not make it. Just goes to show how deep the west is this year.
Thanks given by:
Minny was predicted by many to be 3rd or 4th in the West this year. If they miss, that would be a bit of a shocker.

Denver is a surprise on the other end. Didn't expect them in the playoff conversation this late. Figured they'd finish 10th or so, behind the Top 8 right now and the Clippers for sure. But I didn't expect the Clippers to trade Griffin either.
Thanks given by: