Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf
I'm just going to post a Golf thread, since we seem to have a bunch of them for certain tourneys.

Was nice to see Canadian Corey Conners finish 2nd on the weekend. It was the lesser of the two tournaments going on, but still nice to see just the same. I don't know him, but he grew up just 10 minutes from where I live. With limited status last year, he just missed getting his full card, finishing 130th in the FedEx Cup (Top 125 get full status). This finish gives him almost half of his total last year already. Hopefully he can take advantage and get a full card for 2020. 

PS - The media keeps saying he's from Listowel. He's not. He's from Palmerston. Didn't move to Listowel until he was 14. Just did all his golfing in Listowel growing up. From what I've been told, his dad is/was hardcore. The basement of there house was basically dedicated to his game from like age 10 on. Also been told Corey's wife is a teacher, and she's trying to get a job on tour as one. I guess the PGA provides teachers for the players kids travelling with them. They were hoping that might get him into a few more tournaments with his limited status. 

PPS - I golfed 18 today. Latest I've ever golfed. Far cry from my round Sunday (which was in worse conditions, go figure). Hoping to go again on Saturday morning but we'll see. Anybody else still teeing it up? I'm sure some courses must still be open in Southern Ontario yet.
Thanks given by:
Anybody see the final round by Xander Schauffele yesterday? 2 hole outs for eagle for a final round 11 under par 62 (tied course record) to win the tournament. He was 5 back to start the day and beat 3rd round leader Gary Woodland by 1. Woodland had a 3 shot lead going into the round over the field, and shoots 5 under, and loses lol.
Thanks given by:
Corey Conners finished tied for 3rd at the Sony Open on the weekend, puts him up to 19th in the FedEx Cup Standings right now. With that result (along with his 2nd place finish earlier this year), he's done a lot to securing a full card for next year. 1 more Top 10 might do it for him.
Thanks given by: