Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gsp vs McGregor for the 165 lb new weight division belt??
This would be awesome 

https://www.criscyborg.com/rumor-gsp-vs-...-division/

[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-03-11-at-2.42.18-PM.png]

Lots of rumors are going around about the new UFC TV deals, and the idea that there could be a few new weight classes introduced to the promotion.  With new weight classes it would create more belts giving fans an opportunity to see more matchups between champions and number one contenders competing for the belt.
With the recent focus on added weight classes coming to the Women’s divisions and the promotion creating a 125lbs and 145lbs weight class for female fighters one has to wonder if the UFC is going to focus their attention on the male ranks when they introduce their next weight classes.  Currently there is a 15 pounds gap between 155lbs and 170lbs the light weight and welterweight divisions.  While Elite XC formerly had the 165lbs division, that weight class has been non existent in the UFC.
Recently UFC Star Diego Sanchez called for GSP and Conor McGregor to make the fight happen, posting on his Instagram

There seems to be a lot of interest in fighters wanting to compete in the 165lbs weight class, with even Chael Sonnen claiming that he predicts the UFC is going to do Conor McGregor Vs. GSP for a belt at 165lbs.

What do you think? Do you believe we will see GSP return to the ring to face Conor McGregor? Do you think the UFC needs more weight divisions?
Thanks given by:
With new weight classes it would create more belts giving fans an opportunity to see more matchups between champions and number one contenders competing for the belt.

or McGregor can win more titles to never defend.
Thanks given by:
No thanks

I would actually like to see these 2 fight, but don't make up a pretend belt to stoke Conor's ego anymore. I would prefer he just retire instead of pulling this horseshit now
Thanks given by: Bong13 , Bong13
I've said it before, but I don't believe there to be a worse match up in the entire UFC for Connor McGregor than GSP. Georges would pound him through the mat. His size advantage and take downs/ground game would be way too much.
Thanks given by: Sportking , Sportking
(2018-03-12, 09:17 AM)CTS Wrote: No thanks

I would actually like to see these 2 fight, but don't make up a pretend belt to stoke Conor's ego anymore.    I would prefer he just retire instead of pulling this horseshit now

The thought is tho it would lure both to be the first 3 division champion in UFC history.
Thanks given by:
I get that,   but is the UFC gonna keep making up belts in weight classes that don't exist to milk the McGregor cash cow as long as they can?

He wanted the UFC to make up a 165 lb belt to step in to fight little Frankie Edgar!   A 145 pounder

I've defended Conor for a long time,  but this is very bad for the sport.   If he wants to fight,  man up & fight the winner of Khabib - Ferguson.

I know he's not afraid of either.   He will have no legacy if he keeps doing this,  but will be filthy rich I guess.   So from the other side I get why Conor is doing it.   I just don't like it
Thanks given by: Sportking , Superlube11
I know I am only one fan and the UFC could give no shits about me but they are losing me with this kind of nonsense.

I like my fighters ranked with the top ranked fighter getting a shot at the title every 4-6 months.
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-12, 03:32 PM)Bong13 Wrote: I know I am only one fan and the UFC could give no shits about me but they are losing me with this kind of nonsense.

I like my fighters ranked with the top ranked fighter getting a shot at the title every 4-6 months.

Agreed parrt of the reason ufc is struggling is credibility due to money fights and actual ranked fighters not getting a shot. The ufc rankings make zero sense and follow more of a wwe ranking.

That all said if they do this fight they should implement a few things. First make Conor drop his other titles to get this fight. Second discontinue interim champions and make a minimum defense limit. Whether it' 3 months, 6 months whatever. Lastly make a new independent body to come up with the rankings. 

The good thing about this fight is that it could potentially keep all these big money fight guys in one division ie McGregor, Diaz, gsp
Thanks given by:
If this fight ever happened it would be the day Connor McGregor officially retires and the day GSP cements himself as the TBE mixed martial artist. 

Could not think of a bigger mis-match. McGregors biggest weakness is on the ground and GSPs biggest strength is wrestling and ground game. Furthermore he has one of the best jabs in MMA to keep Connor at distance during standup. The most exciting part of the fight would be the pre fight press conference and the weigh in. I hope this fight does happen because I'm sick of this chump running his mouth and it would give GSP an opportunity to school Connor at his own game.
Thanks given by: Sportking