Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gusev
Rumor our this AM that Vegas is asking for a 2nd rounder and later round pick or B prospect only for Gusev.

To get him signed ( Apparently could be done for 4 mill times 2 if that report is also true).

We should be all over this.

Vegas supposedly does not like to trade in its own division, sonic that is true I guess it’s a non starter,   But this player is exactly what we need for the top 6.  Talked to a few more guys who saw him play a fair bit over the past 2 years and they say he is unreal.  

Maybe sweeten it a bit more to grab him , and ship out some cash elsewhere.  

Go get Him Holland , you can make it happen if need be.
Thanks given by:
I would trade a second and Bear to get him and sign in to $4M X 2.

Technically we wouldn't have to open up any cap to do that as he'd be replacing a player that is currently slated to be on the roster so we'd lose that player's cap hit (up to $1.075M).

It would be a risk, for sure, but only a two year risk and a high potential move.

I don't think we could get him for that though.
Thanks given by:
Any concern this guy is the second coming of Jiri Dopita?
Thanks given by:
Could be the next Dopita, or could be the next Panarin.  

For two years, I'd give it a shot.
Thanks given by:
$4 million seems like a lot of money for a guy with 0 NHL games, even if for only 2 years.  

And with our luck, he would be more likely be the next Dopita.
Thanks given by:
Ok I want Gusev now. Just make the trade for Gusev and see what he does. He's an all world talent.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T using Tapatalk
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 10:17 AM)25YearRebuild Wrote: $4 million seems like a lot of money for a guy with 0 NHL games, even if for only 2 years.  

And with our luck, he would be more likely be the next Dopita.
It's a gamble for sure.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T using Tapatalk
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
There is definite risk with $4M X 2 and, while I'm generally risk-adverse at this stage, I think he's worth the risk - could really really pop.
Thanks given by:
We've already signed a bunch of guys to one-year contracts, it seems clear this is a sort of Hail Mary, throwaway season anyway.  If he really stinks, I guess that 2nd year hurts, though.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 07:43 AM)Pouzar Wrote: I would trade a second and Bear to get him and sign in to $4M X 2.

Technically we wouldn't have to open up any cap to do that as he'd be replacing a player that is currently slated to be on the roster so we'd lose that player's cap hit (up to $1.075M).

It would be a risk, for sure, but only a two year risk and a high potential move.

Not trading Bear.  One of the very few dmen prospect with a bomb.
Thanks given by:
I'd rather spend $4 million X 2 years on an actual NHL'er like Dzingel than a complete unknown undersized Russian
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 01:07 PM)CTS Wrote: I'd rather spend $4 million X 2 years on an actual NHL'er like Dzingel than a complete unknown undersized Russian

I had the same thinking but I've changed my mind.  He's too much of a talent, based on YouTube videos, to pass up.  If he fails and choose to go home we can terminate his contract.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 01:04 PM)OilWings Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 07:43 AM)Pouzar Wrote: I would trade a second and Bear to get him and sign in to $4M X 2.

Not trading Bear.  One of the very few dmen prospect with a bomb.

He's definitely got a bomb, his shot is indeed a weapon, however, I watched a TON of Bakersfield last year and I 100% have him behind both Lagesson and Jones as far as prospects. The issues he had in his NHL stint a ways back continue to be issues that he has. His skating is meh and he has trouble handling speed off the rush and in puck retrieval and loses most battles in the defensive zone. He's got a bomb but he may not be an NHL player.

I have him below Jones and Lagesson as far as potential and NHL readiness.

I have him below Bouchard as far as potential and likely NHL readiness.

I have him below Samorukov and Broberg as far as potential (but not NHL readiness as both of them will need time, obviously).
Thanks given by:
I'd be so happy if they could get Gusev and Eakin out of Vegas for a fairly nominal cost.

Main issue is Vegas won't want any (or any material) cap back as their issue is the need to shed and those two will come in around $7.5M - $8M likely.

Winnipeg needs Kris Russell but they won't be able to take him at $4M so that doesn't work.

I don't see a way we can get both these guy without moving a real piece out (and that can't be to Vegas for cap reasons).

I'll take one though.

We can fit one in as, remember, subtract apx $1M from their cap hit for the purposes of our cap space as they'd be replacing a player currently on the 23 man roster.
Thanks given by: