Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys who deserved a Cup but did not get one.
Fortunately, many of the great players are able to get at least one Cup - I know that I was really happy to see Ovie win last year. Still, there are some really great and classy guys that you always wanted to see hoist the Cup but they never do. For me I would have loved to see Ryan Smyth win one as I always liked they way that he played and he was well known for a lot of his charitable work in the community. This is an easy one for me being an Oilers fan.

The other guy that I would have liked to have seen win was Jerome Iginla (just not with the Flames). I have always thought that he was one of the classiest guys in hockey and a great leader.
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by: Leb7 , ckendall , ckendall
Marcel Dionne leaps to mind.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by: FormalWare , FormalWare , Leb7 , ckendall , ckendall
Bure. He played his ass off in '94, but the Rangers were just stacked that year. He played on bad teams the rest of his career, but he would've been a great compliment to any team that would've had him. If he was a Red Wing in 2002 instead of Hull or Robitaille (who signed on specifically just to win a Cup), does anybody really think he would've failed?

Dionne is the obvious one. He is the best player to never win a Cup by a mile. He was a better version of Mark Recchi, who won 3 Cups.

As for a heart and soul guy made for the playoffs, I can't forget how awesome Jarome Iginla was in the 2004 playoffs (and at the Canucks expense). I always wanted to see him win one, even if it was a cheap one. A born leader. Unfortunately for him, he was way past his expiry date when he finally landed on some teams with a good chance to win it.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk , FormalWare
Lafontaine
Sundin
Alfie
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I don't think any player 'deserves' a Cup
Thanks given by: Viable
(2018-12-31, 09:35 PM)bicboi Wrote: Lafontaine
Sundin
Alfie

Yessssssss!!!
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by: ckendall
Iginla.
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
Ryan Smyth
Thanks given by:
Dale Hawerchuk
Gilbert Perreault
Thanks given by: FormalWare , FormalWare , theDC , theDC , SAVARYGUY , SAVARYGUY
The Sedins

Thanks given by: HaroldSnepsts , Highstyx
Claudio Scremin
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-31, 08:46 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote: Bure. He played his ass off in '94, but the Rangers were just stacked that year. He played on bad teams the rest of his career, but he would've been a great compliment to any team that would've had him. If he was a Red Wing in 2002 instead of Hull or Robitaille (who signed on specifically just to win a Cup), does anybody really think he would've failed?

Dionne is the obvious one. He is the best player to never win a Cup by a mile. He was a better version of Mark Recchi, who won 3 Cups.

As for a heart and soul guy made for the playoffs, I can't forget how awesome Jarome Iginla was in the 2004 playoffs (and at the Canucks expense). I always wanted to see him win one, even if it was a cheap one. A born leader. Unfortunately for him, he was way past his expiry date when he finally landed on some teams with a good chance to win it.
With Sergei on the team, No way in Hell Bure is a Red Wing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T using Tapatalk
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
300+ Leafs players from 68 to 2018..
cfl
Trevor Linden, Stan Smyl, Dale Hawerchuk, Marcel Dionne, Brad Park, Alexandre Burrows, Rick Middleton, Peter Stastny, Gilbert Perreault, Rick Martin, Mike Gartner, and Roberto Luongo

There ya go

Bring it  Popcorn
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by: Lagavulin , ckendall
You either win it or you don't. Nobody "deserves" a cup. Should have won a cup, maybe. Would like to see them win a cup, yes. Deserves, no.
I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-04, 12:16 PM)Wilson Green Wrote: You either win it or you don't.  Nobody "deserves" a cup.  Should have won a cup, maybe.  Would like to see them win a cup, yes. Deserves, no.

I suppose it is dependant on the wording.
Some players definitely deserved to be surrounded with some better players. That would have at least given them a legitimate opportunity at the cup. 
Look at the names on the cup and I'm sure you can find oh....at least a dozen players who did not have the drive, skill and intensity of a guy like Dionne.
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."     Oscar Wilde
Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx
Agreed.
I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-31, 09:37 PM)CTS Wrote: I don't think any player 'deserves' a Cup

I agree with this but saying that, Ryan Smyth for me. Iginla also comes to mind. (Yes, I just typed that - assuming he did it after he left Calgary Wink )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks given by:
Borje Salming
Thanks given by: Gerry Pigeon , ckendall , ckendall
(2019-01-07, 05:43 PM)Oil4Evr Wrote:
(2018-12-31, 09:37 PM)CTS Wrote: I don't think any player 'deserves' a Cup

I agree with this but saying that, Ryan Smyth for me. Iginla also comes to mind. (Yes, I just typed that - assuming he did it after he left Calgary Wink )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Smytty not requested a trade back to Edmonton when he did, he would've won the Cup with LA that year