Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Habs Oilers trade!!!!
(2018-01-06, 11:35 AM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-01-06, 11:34 AM)Bong13 Wrote:
(2018-01-05, 06:37 PM)Habsfaninphx Wrote: Speaking of Oilers trades, I saw in Spector's rumors yesterday that EDM fans were proposing a RNH for Max trade. Would you do this?

Yes

rebuild or not this team needs help at Center, RNH would thrive as a Hab in my mind.

I can't think of a single Oilers fan that would propose that trade right now, at least not on this forum.  No thanks Happy.

oh I agree

Oilers in a playoff hunt and I bet Max is very attractive to them at the deadline but not for RNH.

The above is not happening this season but I can always hope, I am a big RNH
Thanks given by:
Anybody do JDLR to AZ for Duclair?
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-06, 11:50 AM)Habsfaninphx Wrote: Anybody do JDLR to AZ for Duclair?

I don’t think AZ would be that desperate, I think they could get more.
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-05, 06:21 PM)GloryYrs70s Wrote:
(2018-01-05, 10:37 AM)HIGGINSFAN Wrote:
(2018-01-05, 09:52 AM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2018-01-05, 09:37 AM)Captain aHab Wrote:
(2018-01-05, 08:03 AM)Mmmich Wrote: I think people are missing the really important conclusion to be drawn from this trade. GM made the trade. Means the GM is being allowed to make trades. Meaning his job is secure for now.

I think they would fire him if they didn't trust him to make trades so as long as he's employed, I won't be surprised to see him make trades. The last question remaining is: will he do trades that look to the future and fundamentally admit that he messed up or will he do more trades that keep mortgaging the future to sell faint hope in the present?

While nothing is impossible, I don't think that Bergevin is as daft as some people think and would do a Dwight King or a Martinsen-Type depth trade and think this is addressing a real need at this point in the season.

The answer is in the room at this stage in the sense that the players currently here will need to let the GM know what to do in a little more than a month at the trade deadline. It's still a tall order for this team to claw back within contention. Some three-four-five game winning streak will do more towards getting a later draft pick than it will towards cementing a position in the playoffs.

I doubt that Bergevin is easily placated by this team that has let him down so much so far and that he plans a parade after just a few wins.

I agree

I realize that Bergevin  has the final say when he makes a trade or at the draft or he signs a UFA, but I believe he receives input from his assistants, coaches and all his management team.  As much as we blame every move, especially the ones which don't work out, on him, I think his advisers should also share some of the blame.  
It's a team effort, not only on the ice, but also within the management team and as much as many believe players like Pacioretty, Price and Pleks have to be moved, maybe it's changes in the coaching and management staff that have to be made.

Who are you and what have you done with HIGGINSFAN? 
Not sure how to answer this, because I honestly have no idea what you're asking.

This falls entirely on everybody who had a say in how this team was put together.  At the same time, it is still on the players on the ice and the coach behind the bench to show a high level of competition every night.  We’re not seeing that and, when you finally do have a competent management team in place, I think you need to take note as to who the players were that faced adversity with their best effort and who is expendable.

I didn't say that everyone shouldn't be held accountable for the team's success or failure. 
My point is that many are blaming all the team's failures on Bergevin and what they see as a lack of effort from some players. 
I merely pointed out that Bergevin didn't make all these decisions on his own and yes some players', actually many, have seen their production and play dropped. 
It's easy, from watching the games and seeing the results, to assume players don't care or aren't competing or are lazy or whatever other criticism that can be thrown their way, but I don't agree with these opinions.  The team's problems don't rest solely on Bergevin and a few players. There are many reasons for the situation they are in and the solutions for turning things around aren't as easy as some believe. 
Thanks given by:
Scriptor wrote:

It's true that a player can play better for a certain coach over another coach. That's why we speak highly of coaches that can get the most out of their players. However, it's a lot more comforting or reassuring to go to war with players that aren't selfish or high maintenance types.

I agree.  I think most players want to play for a coach who has a game plan which best utilizes the players talents/skills.
IMO, the majority of players play their best for the team and themselves when they have confidence in their coach and respect him.  A coach has to earn this confidence and respect from his players just like they have to earn his. All players have strengths and weaknesses and it's up to the coach to recognize them.

As a coach, I don't think that it's a question of wanting pet players that play for you, but rather of looking to identify players that will play for the team, for each other instead of for themselves. Those players are likelier to make sacrifices because it's the players around them who they are living up to on a daily basis.

I agree.  A coach also has to have confidence in his players and show them that he has while letting them play without fear of being punished if they make a mistake and also let them be creative and use their talents.  He has to be able to recognize what his players are capable of and use their abilities in situations to succeed and not fail.  I realize things won't always workout, but at least be open minded.
Thanks given by:
On the positive side. If Talbot gets pulled again today, a strong possibility as they're losing 2-0 so far in the first. That means that Montoya will only have to play 5 more games (30 minutes minimum per game) and that 5th will become a 4th. The way how bad Talbot's been this year and the fact that the Oilers have 7 games left back to back, I think a 4th round pick is safe to assume.
Thanks given by:
I'm more and more convinced that we get a 4th rounder for Montoya. That extra year on the contract because of the expansion requirements will have paid off, IMO.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
We had to give that exta year due to Vegas expansion protecting rules. Good on Bergevin, now we get a 4th rounder for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Precisely. Good administrative move.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-07, 04:29 PM)Scriptor Wrote: I'm more and more convinced that we get a 4th rounder for Montoya. That extra year on the contract because of the expansion requirements will have paid off, IMO.

I just realized that I pretty well repeated word for word (kinda') what t you said as far as that extra year. I should pay more attention. Happy
Thanks given by:
Happy
Thanks given by:
L
U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-07, 03:42 PM)bchippie Wrote: On the positive side. If Talbot gets pulled again today, a strong possibility as they're losing 2-0 so far in the first. That means that Montoya will only have to play 5 more games (30 minutes minimum per game) and that 5th will become a 4th. The way how bad Talbot's been this year and the fact that the Oilers have 7 games left back to back, I think a 4th round pick is safe to assume.

That would be pretty decent for a guy who has been concussed.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
Panik for Duclair.

Poor asset managment? Bad player development?
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-10, 06:27 PM)on2ndthought Wrote: Panik for Duclair.

I always like Duclair, when he was with the Rangers I figured another Habs killer was born. Not sure what happened but he has a ton of potential. He will get a chance with the Hawks I’m sure
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-10, 06:35 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:
(2018-01-10, 06:27 PM)on2ndthought Wrote: Panik for Duclair.

I always like Duclair, when he was with the Rangers I figured another Habs killer was born. Not sure what happened but he has a ton of potential. He will get a chance with the Hawks I’m sure
Not happy in AZ. Didn't like being sent to AHL to get his game jump started. Apparently has been asking for a trade for over a year. Not excited about playing in the defensive end of the rink.
He has talent. Just have to wonder if his attitude will prevent it from ever coming through.
Thanks given by:
Guess u saw it 1st hand, habsfaninphx?

He won't be the 1st kid with potential to not reach it. Its his 3rd team. At one pt he will have to take responsibility for his game and work hard/perform no matter the circumstances he's in. Some kids never learn this unfortunately. And some kids talent don't translate to Nhl. Hawks willing to give it a chance. No risk. Sounds like a move MB would do
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-12, 08:15 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Guess u saw it 1st hand, habsfaninphx?

He won't be the 1st kid with potential to not reach it. Its his 3rd team. At one pt he will have to take responsibility for his game and work hard/perform no matter the circumstances he's in. Some kids never learn this unfortunately. And some kids talent don't translate to Nhl. Hawks willing to give it a chance. No risk. Sounds like a move MB would do

This will be his best chance. Most talent he's ever had around him. I would hope for and expect at least short term success for him.
Thanks given by:
Montoya could end up finishing the year as the starting goalie in Edmonton! 2 games down.
Thanks given by: