Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Habs post re Gallagher to Edm deal
"As was reported by a poster on here" - awesome dig - can't help yourself.

The reporting of his commitment to college wasn't broken by me - it was reported by others in the business and I just passed on the information that was out there - nothing more.

I'm fairly certain that, if Keith said anything on the subject, it was not in response to a Pouzar post on RATW.
Thanks given by:
Oh my god pouz, please don't start this again. That wasn't even a shot. Even if it was, I'm sure you'll survive. You profess it doesn't bug you then you highlight every sentence you perceive to be slight. How about we talk hockey?

I would live with a Gallagher for Nuge trade. Losing RNH would suck, but Gallagher's tireless compete would be great to have. And the cap savings too. It was the rest of the proposed trade that was hard to take seriously.
Thanks given by: maclintock
Ok then, wasn't a shot - carry on then.

Doesn't bug me at all, not one iota - just pointing it out - more of the same.

You could easily not aggravate the situation yourself if you wanted - that's your choice, within your power to let it go.....
Thanks given by:
What situation? If it doesn't bug you, and you're just "pointing it out" it would hardly be a situation, wouldn't it? Anyway, good luck pouz. Hope you recover from that one time that poster said you posted something. My thoughts and prayers...
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 10:11 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: Oh my god pouz, please don't start this again. That wasn't even a shot. Even if it was, I'm sure you'll survive. You profess it doesn't bug you then you highlight every sentence you perceive to be slight. How about we talk hockey?

I would live with a Gallagher for Nuge trade. Losing RNH would suck, but Gallagher's tireless compete would be great to have. And the cap savings too. It was the rest of the proposed trade that was hard to take seriously.

I would not do it straight up even for the cash. , but that Nuge and 10 Th for Gallagher and the 3rd is a good hockey deal both ways.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 08:01 AM)maclintock Wrote:
(2018-05-18, 06:26 AM)AJGass5 Wrote: Nuge gets better every year, plays a good two way game and was probably our best player on a lot of nights.

I say NO to any trade involving him.  He is just too important to this team.

I like the Nuge but in all honesty if they trade him and were to get a huge haul back, with lots of young talent and not lots of $$$. I would be ok with it, but that’s just me.  They have to move out some money no matter what this summer, regardless if they win or lose trades.  We have 11 million to sign 8 players so we are Phucked really. Signing a backup goalie for over 2 was very poor cap management in all honesty.  They need every penny they can get right now

Nurse. No idea , but even a bridge deal his agent will be asking 3-4 I would think.   Let’s say 3.5 for 2 just for a number. We are now at 7.5 with 7 to go

Benning s contract talks are rumoured to be not going well.   Heard this in a blurb on 1260. No idea if true but they want 2 mill per.   So let’s say he doesn’t get traded and they settle on 1.5 , we are now at 6 with 6 to go

Calligula they love, the coach loves the guy whether some on here do Or don’t.  The guy is a 15 maybe a touch more scorer really with 13 last year in 67 so probably  a 15 er on a full 82.   So let’s say a bridge at 1.5 which sets us to 3.5 with 5 to go.  PS you are not a tweener if you can pot 15 in the show.

Strome . Have to give him 3 per unless they can swing a deal , but I am sure he won’t take less than 2.5 so for shits and giggles let’s say 2.5 for 3 years.  We are at 1 mill with 4 to go. 

We have 1 mill to add 4 players.  Good luck.

So $$$$. Has to go

Trade of Lucic. He has to waive 1st and we probably have to retain cash.  So let’s say someone does take him and we retain 1 mill. We would have 6 mill for 5 players needed now. Let’s say he is smart enough to take a prospect that can play now 4 players with 5.4 mill left . Lucic is just too expensive to buy out 

Trade of Sekera again would have to waive. But frees up 5ish so could  only have to take back a prospect as well.  They could also buy him out and save 3 ish 

Heard the other day Russell WILL NOT move his clause, so buying him out is another option.  Slightly less savings than Sekera.  Scary thing for all the Russell haters is the coach and GM love this guy.

So basically money has to go out and somehow not much has to come back.

Nuge 6 mill, Drai 8.5, one of these guys may have to go.  Hope not but they need $$$$ to fill out a roster.   

So Rishaug and his D whale hunting would mean Klef would be a goner for sure.

But regardless the Oil WILL have to move out a contract and a big one to even fill out the roster. This predicament alone should have been THE FINAL NAIL in PC’ casket.

So rumours galore mean nothing unless $$$$ is moving the other way in a large way with bodies and not much coming back

So a Nuge and say that 10 Th to Montreal for a huge return. (This is just me spitballingon a large return) and Gallagher ( instant 1st or 2nd liner , 20-25 goal scorer, prick and great pker) #3 Overall  instant top 6 winger in ( let’s say) Zadina who is a great skater and shooter and will score 20 , more than likely if not more next year, and a Victor Mete even who is an unreal skater and puck mover with a great shot and pass albeit a lefty. And if we are greedy maybe another prospect ready to come in and play.  In a trade like that you can bring in 4 players to play with 2 in your top 6 both 20 plus guys, speed as well.  You get a D man that could further allow u to trade Klef and free up a few more mill if you like, that’s if they want.

So somewhere $$$$ has to go, and by no means am I saying Montreal or Edmonton will do that,   He has to move some $$$$$ And a lot of it, especially to just fill out this roster.

We seriously are in a very tough spot.

Lots and lots of work to do mr PC

Could you imagine if we kept Eberle. As some here say trading him for future cap space was just a flimsy argument. Imagine we had Eberle who struggled yet again to deal with as well.
I disagree, but I respect your right to be stupid.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 10:37 PM)Stark Wrote:
(2018-05-18, 06:26 AM)AJGass5 Wrote: Nuge gets better every year, plays a good two way game and was probably our best player on a lot of nights.

I like the Nuge but in all honesty if they trade him and were to get a huge haul back, with lots of young talent and not lots of $$$. I would be ok with it, but that’s just me.  They have to move out some money no matter what this summer, regardless if they win or lose trades.  We have 11 million to sign 8 players so we are Phucked really. Signing a backup goalie for over 2 was very poor cap management in all honesty.  They need every penny they can get right now

Nurse. No idea , but even a bridge deal his agent will be asking 3-4 I would think.   Let’s say 3.5 for 2 just for a number. We are now at 7.5 with 7 to go

Benning s contract talks are rumoured to be not going well.   Heard this in a blurb on 1260. No idea if true but they want 2 mill per.   So let’s say he doesn’t get traded and they settle on 1.5 , we are now at 6 with 6 to go

Calligula they love, the coach loves the guy whether some on here do Or don’t.  The guy is a 15 maybe a touch more scorer really with 13 last year in 67 so probably  a 15 er on a full 82.   So let’s say a bridge at 1.5 which sets us to 3.5 with 5 to go.  PS you are not a tweener if you can pot 15 in the show.

Strome . Have to give him 3 per unless they can swing a deal , but I am sure he won’t take less than 2.5 so for shits and giggles let’s say 2.5 for 3 years.  We are at 1 mill with 4 to go. 

So $$$$. Has to go

Trade of Lucic. He has to waive 1st and we probably have to retain cash.  So let’s say someone does take him and we retain 1 mill. We would have 6 mill for 5 players needed now. Let’s say he is smart enough to take a prospect that can play now 4 players with 5.4 mill left . Lucic is just too expensive to buy out 

Trade of Sekera again would have to waive. But frees up 5ish so could  only have to take back a prospect as well.  They could also buy him out and save 3 ish 

Heard the other day Russell WILL NOT move his clause, so buying him out is another option.  Slightly less savings than Sekera.  Scary thing for all the Russell haters is the coach and GM love this guy.

Nuge 6 mill, Drai 8.5, one of these guys may have to go.  Hope not but they need $$$$ to fill out a roster.   

But regardless the Oil WILL have to move out a contract and a big one to even fill out the roster. This predicament alone should have been THE FINAL NAIL in PC’ casket.

So rumours galore mean nothing unless $$$$ is moving the other way in a large way with bodies and not much coming back

So a Nuge and say that 10 Th to Montreal for a huge return. (This is just me spitballingon a large return) and Gallagher ( instant 1st or 2nd liner , 20-25 goal scorer, prick and great pker) #3 Overall  instant top 6 winger in ( let’s say) Zadina who is a great skater and shooter and will score 20 , more than likely if not more next year, and a Victor Mete even who is an unreal skater and puck mover with a great shot and pass albeit a lefty. And if we are greedy maybe another prospect ready to come in and play.  In a trade like that you can bring in 4 players to play with 2 in your top 6 both 20 plus guys, speed as well.  You get a D man that could further allow u to trade Klef and free up a few more mill if you like, that’s if they want.

So somewhere $$$$ has to go, and by no means am I saying Montreal or Edmonton will do that,   He has to move some $$$$$ And a lot of it, especially to just fill out this roster.

Could you imagine if we kept Eberle. As some here say trading him for future cap space was just a flimsy argument. Imagine we had Eberle who struggled yet again to deal with as well.

Eberle didn’t struggle. He had 25 goals.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 10:00 AM)HockeyHippy Wrote: I might be the only one who isn't horrified by the Nuge/Gally concept.

Hopkins is a solid to good center on a team with 2 elite centers. He has proven an effective winger with McDavid, but at 6 million bucks, he's an expensive winger. Especially on a team that is struggling with the cap.

I like him, but I'm not sure that the Oilers can afford the luxury of 2 6 million dollar wingers.

Gally is a fair sight cheaper than Nuge. And the Oilers sure could use 2.25 million cap dollars going forward.

I'm not wild about the trade, but it's not as terrible as folks are suggesting. The Oilers are going to need to be trimming cap space.

I would say that this logic/stance/opinion, is EXACTLY why the Oilers should NEVER make a trade like that when is comes to RNH.  Icon_eek

For a poster who praised the new regime when it came in, yet now who calls them Tambi .2, I think we ALL know what we are dealing with here. 

But that is only my opinion on this hot take...  Plain
x6
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 10:22 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: What situation? If it doesn't bug you, and you're just "pointing it out" it would hardly be a situation, wouldn't it? Anyway, good luck pouz. Hope you recover from that one time that poster said you posted something. My thoughts and prayers...

Not sure what you are getting all worked up about but, once again, I would implore you to realize that if you simply didn't make that post telling me what not to do, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Hope fatherhood is treating you well.

A swap of the 10th and 3rd overall picks changes the deal completely and, if Svechnicov somehow slid past Carolina, which he won't, it would be a done deal and I'd miss the heck out of Nuge.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 10:22 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: What situation? If it doesn't bug you, and you're just "pointing it out" it would hardly be a situation, wouldn't it? Anyway, good luck pouz. Hope you recover from that one time that poster said you posted something. My thoughts and prayers...

Funny when u mention a poster said something and some poster thinks it was specifically aimed at him or her, It obviously does bug them even when they are not mentioned by name.  Just bringing it up in this case and for the 2nd time in a week or so shows it does bug the person.

As for talking hockey , that post was just that, and the line saying Tkachuk’s dad said he had not committed to going back to Boston College was an actual fact, whereas I pointed out a post made by a poster was basically Fake News.  No biggy.  Just hockey talk.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-19, 01:51 AM)T.V. Wrote:
(2018-05-18, 10:00 AM)HockeyHippy Wrote: I might be the only one who isn't horrified by the Nuge/Gally concept.

Hopkins is a solid to good center on a team with 2 elite centers. He has proven an effective winger with McDavid, but at 6 million bucks, he's an expensive winger. Especially on a team that is struggling with the cap.

I like him, but I'm not sure that the Oilers can afford the luxury of 2 6 million dollar wingers.

Gally is a fair sight cheaper than Nuge. And the Oilers sure could use 2.25 million cap dollars going forward.

I'm not wild about the trade, but it's not as terrible as folks are suggesting. The Oilers are going to need to be trimming cap space.

I would say that this logic/stance/opinion, is EXACTLY why the Oilers should NEVER make a trade like that when is comes to RNH.  Icon_eek

For a poster who praised the new regime when it came in, yet now who calls them Tambi .2, I think we ALL know what we are dealing with here. 

But that is only my opinion on this hot take...  Plain

I definately would not in any way, shape or form do that Nuge for Gallagherstraight up at all TV,   BUT I do think doing that RNH and the 10th. For the 3rd and Gallagher would be a problem solver for us. Adding 2 top 6 wingers with speed and probably both 20 plus scorers next year and with the cap problem would be a win for us .   But that is just me.   I do think just because RNH can now play wing and is a natural C man to boot which is huge would definately garner a lot more than just Gallagher.  Hey maybe hold out for a 3rd as well lol.  

I think the Montreal GM is on just as thin ice as PC is, so trading with him may not be trading from a disadvantage like it would be  with other GM’s.  He seems to lose a few trades as well. 

In all honesty If I were him I would not move that 3rd period, but he is just like PC in that if they miss the playoffs again just like PC he probably will be gone as well

They should be trying very hard to get Johnny boy if he goes to UFA,  but Even if he wants him I doubt Tavares goes to Montreal.

For sure a fair chunk of $$$ is going to have to leave us just in order to fill out the roster , so I would hope they can move a Loooch ( who just had a baby boy , Congrats Loooch) or Sekera with no cash coming back at all. That would have for sure help .

Phack we don’t even have enough cash to pick up a 2   - 2.5 Vanek as an example ( if that’s what his camp wants)   

So as much as Stauffer says not much will happen, I don’t even know how they are going to fill out the roster W/O trading away some$$$$.

Maybe the cap goes up 5 mill as that would help for sure.

i guess we shall see On or around June 22 Nd.   

Some  chatter about teams wanting to trade up, and I wonder if PC will try to move up.  I am sure he would love to have that #3,  for a stud forward ready to go, but I wonder if they make or attempt to move up to #5 or #6 .  Who knows.   Draft will be interesting for sure
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-19, 07:04 AM)maclintock Wrote:

Funny when u mention a poster said something and some poster thinks it was specifically aimed at him or her, It obviously does bug them even when they are not mentioned by name.  Just bringing it up in this case and for the 2nd time in a week or so shows it does bug the person.

As for talking hockey , that post was just that, and the line saying Tkachuk’s dad said he had not committed to going back to Boston College was an actual fact, whereas I pointed out a post made by a poster was basically Fake News.  No biggy.  Just hockey talk.

Yup - not a shot, clearly. Right.

Please, do tell what, where, when Keith said?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

So $$$$. Has to go

Yeah, who needs a consistent 25 goal-scoring right winger like Eberle when you have superstars Tye Rattie on your top line?
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-19, 10:41 AM)Fritz Wrote:

So $$$$. Has to go

Yeah, who needs a consistent 25 goal-scoring right winger like Eberle when you have superstars Tye Rattie on your top line?

More like who needs a butter soft, one dimensional, garbage time scoring, no heart, 4th line demoted in game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs, winger. 

How many goals did Eberle score in the playoffs this year?
I disagree, but I respect your right to be stupid.
Thanks given by:
He had about as many playoff goals this year as Tye Rattie, Jesse Puljiarvi, Kassian, Ryan Strome, ect...

I would have taken another season of Eberle over any of those losers.

Like I said before Eberle was traded, I have no problem moving him, but there is no rush if we could not get a decent return.  We could have kept him another season and moved him in the summer, or at the deadline.  We would have been better off with 2nd round picks than we are with Ryan Strome (who is about as soft as Eberle himself).

Eberle is a one-dimensional player and when surrounded by the right group, there is nothing wrong with that.  At least he has a positive dimension, he would have been our highest scoring winger this year.
Thanks given by:
The problem with trading a guy who doesn't perform in the playoffs is that you still need to get to the playoffs.

But hey - that trade freed up the money to fend off the offer sheet to Draisatl. And helped the Oilers re-sign Cowboy Strong to a smoking great contract. And it gives Chia a chance to practice his negotiating skills, when he goes to re-sign Strome this summer - which I'm sure will end up a great deal for Edmonton.
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by:
(8 hours ago)HockeyHippy Wrote: The problem with trading a guy who doesn't perform in the playoffs is that you still need to get to the playoffs.

But hey - that trade freed up the money to fend off the offer sheet to Draisatl. And helped the Oilers re-sign Cowboy Strong to a smoking great contract. And it gives Chia a chance to practice his negotiating skills, when he goes to re-sign Strome this summer - which I'm sure will end up a great deal for Edmonton.

And you cast stones at others about building narratives.

This team enjoyed best year in many last year, and Eberle wasn't a big part of that. Many reasons we went from non playoff team to playoff team, and Eberle isn't one of them.
Thanks given by:
We didn't make the playoffs because our goaltending sucked for most of the season.

Sure we missed Eberle's goals but he also didn't perform when it mattered most and he is not going to change. He is what he is.

After the garbage season we had, I would absolutely die if Chia traded Nuge. He is so important to this team and with his record it would scare the bejesus out of me as to what we could get back.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Rattie can eventually pick up this slack, I like the kid. He fights harder than Eberle ever did and I actually could care less if they signed Strome. I think he played hard but I just don't think he has the offensive ability that is necessary for someone making 3 million a year.
Thanks given by: