Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Habs post re Gallagher to Edm deal
(2018-06-16, 06:55 AM)AJGass5 Wrote: Please leave Nuge alone.  He is probably one of our most reliable players and quietly picks up points, plays well defensively and I believe his game gets a bit better each year.

He usually gets saddled with players that don't compliment him and the kid just never complains.

Would people been happy with Jones for Hall?  Not that it really matters, just interested.

Yup.   Jones is going to be a 20 goal / 70 plus point D man and will win a Norris or 2 or 3. If you get a chance AJ, go watch him live in Calgary this year. He is such a great skater and smart. I love Nuge but if Johansen would not have been on the block, I am pretty sure Nuge would be in Nashville today.  They wanted a Cman and not a winger and I doubt the Hall move would have happened period for him.
Kid doesn’t even turn 24 till Oct and had 16 goals and 57 points in 68.  He is that coveted Rightey and could even hit that 70 this year already .
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-16, 06:55 AM)AJGass5 Wrote: Please leave Nuge alone.  He is probably one of our most reliable players and quietly picks up points, plays well defensively and I believe his game gets a bit better each year.

He usually gets saddled with players that don't compliment him and the kid just never complains.

Would people been happy with Jones for Hall?  Not that it really matters, just interested.

Jones for Hall would have been a much better trade, for sure.  

Not really interested in losing an RNH trade this summer, we're better off keeping him.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-16, 11:38 AM)Fritz Wrote:

Not really interested in losing an RNH trade this summer, we're better off keeping him.

Fairly confident that if a deal like that was to be had it would have been done . Nashville likely didn't want a winger though and it's well reported they wanted a C man.

Thanks given by:
(2018-06-16, 06:55 AM)AJGass5 Wrote: Please leave Nuge alone. He is probably one of our most reliable players and quietly picks up points, plays well defensively and I believe his game gets a bit better each year.

Would people been happy with Jones for Hall? Not that it really matters, just interested.

I'm with you. Unless it's for a Paryko level Dman coming back (skill set, age, etc) the team is better off keeping Nuge then not.

I've yet to see a rumour ANYWHERE on the wire involving Nuge that makes even a lick of sense for our team.

Thanks given by:
(2018-06-16, 01:44 PM)Oil4Evr Wrote:

Fairly confident that if a deal like that was to be had it would have been done . Nashville likely didn't want a winger though and it's well reported they wanted a C man.

I know it was not what Nashville needed at the time and that they were looking for a center, but I am just saying I would have been far more impressed with that move.  As it happened, PC got fleeced by New Jersey and now we're stuck with Larsson.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-16, 02:31 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-06-16, 01:44 PM)Oil4Evr Wrote:

I know it was not what Nashville needed at the time and that they were looking for a center, but I am just saying I would have been far more impressed with that move.  As it happened, PC got fleeced by New Jersey and now we're stuck with Larsson.

You are not sucking me in to this one again my friend. Wink

Thanks given by: