Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Erickson played his final game as a Canuck?
Sportsnet 650

@Sportsnet650
"For a lot of hockey seasons, it might be better for Loui to play somewhere else..."

J.P Barry with thoughts on Loui Eriksson's future with the @Canucks

LISTEN: http://player.sportsnet650.ca
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking it was a typo, reasons-seasons... same difference, it works either way
Thanks given by:
If Louie really wants to go then IMO that means he will have to be flexible as to his NTC. The contract still makes it difficult and the canucks will have to eat some of the money but in the end if done right could benefit the canucks.
Thanks given by:
MMGBS   =  More media generated bullshit. If they had an ounce of integrity, this crap would not be printed.. but they don't
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Well, I'm not sure what Louie is going to do here. He wants out. Fine. What's the exit strategy? Talk shit about the coach and put your agent on the radio to say he wants out? That's kind of a strange approach.

And why would the Nucks even try to trade him? They pretty much have to throw in a sweetener, to get a deal done, so where's the incentive? Why not just flush him down to the minors? Or better yet, let him retire, he can go spend a year in Europe.

Doesn't matter to me, but it seems LE is in charge of his own fate, and he's not doing himself any favors to get out of town.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 03:23 PM)Highstyx Wrote: MMGBS   =  More media generated bullshit. If they had an ounce of integrity, this crap would not be printed.. but they don't

You know that Louie while in Europe spoke to the media there and said he was unhappy with his deployment and the amount of ice time he was getting here in vancouver. You know that right?

That information means that this media story could/does have some truth to it.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 03:33 PM)trapper Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 03:23 PM)Highstyx Wrote: MMGBS   =  More media generated bullshit. If they had an ounce of integrity, this crap would not be printed.. but they don't

You know that Louie while in Europe spoke to the media there and said he was unhappy with his deployment and the amount of ice time he was getting here in vancouver. You know that right?

That information means that this media story could/does have some truth to it.

I didn't hear him say it. If he has half a brain he won't say crap like that. When a player yaps off like that, he shoots himself in the foot. I do not want such a one on my team, therefore as a potential team Gm, he can stay in Vancouver and mope, but I think this is mostly hype. You are familiar with how the media twists what you say (by paraphrasing it back to you as a question) to try to put words in your mouth, right?

Watch for it next time you watch commie CNN

you can't miss it
Thanks given by:
Yeah, see, stop watching CNN, start looking at the big picture.

LE made one comment.He said he didn't like his ice time or teams style, or something to that effect, in another language, to some Euro mag. A week later Benning comes out and says he will talk with LE about his comments to better understand what he meant. He mentioned coach green would do the same. A week after that JP comes out and says it would be better if his client moves along.

This isn't sensationalism, or media hype, its not even a surprising story. The proof is in the pudding. LE isn't scoring, his ice time has consistently gone down, how could he be happy, or want to stay? I don't need the media to tell me that, it's in every Canuck game I watch
Thanks given by:

I’m fairly confident his job is to do just exactly that and that the agent provided the quote with the intent that it go public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Eriksson may be attractive to a team if van eats the max 50% salary

they can easily afford to do that
Life... dreams... hope...
Where do they come from?
And where do they go...?

Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!

Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 05:15 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

I’m fairly confident his job is to do just exactly that and that the agent provided the quote with the intent that it go public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok but just once, I would LOVE to see a player FIRE his agent for running his big mouth. Those guys are even below the media, on the 'honesty level'
Manipulators and parasites, most of them. Gino Odjick got a million a year and he was a guy with a grade 9 Education and NO AGENT. Dana Murzy didn't use one, either. He also was well paid. Those guys are as necessary as rabid rats
Thanks given by:
So getting back on topic....

Couple ideas floated around have been for Gaborik, who will likely never play a game here, or Neil, with four years left on his deal. And of course, the Lucic option, which I'm not fond of. Neil could be interesting tho.

I'm wondering if the Nucks could look at a bigger deal and include Goldobin, Tanev, or others that could make this a palpable deal for both sides.

From what I understand, LE gets one more pay day on July first, then his contract for the next few years is quite reasonable, despite carrying a 6M cap hit. His value won't mean anything till July second, but I could see a team low on the cap side with a young team make a move. I just hope the Nucks don't retain salary. For all we know, there's been a deal in place for a few months and the acquiring team is just waiting for the bonus to be paid out.
Thanks given by:
Doubt he is on the Canucks next year. But it will be a trade that Canuck fans complain about for at least 4 months. Especially if he gets a chance somewhere else and performs 5% better then he has been.

I'd take Neal for sure. Lucic with a sweetener.

I'd even trade a B tier prospect with L.E just to dump him on a team that wants some cap and to add a prospect. While we eat a mil or 2.

My only real fear is the lockout or negotiations around it and how it affects shit. We really don't know what's going on behind the doors right now

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
From Hockeybuzz:

We've often heard Loui Eriksson's contract with the Canucks referred to as 'buyout proof.' Here's what that means right now:

Eriksson has three years left on his current six-year contract with the Canucks. The cap hit is $6 million a season, but he has already received $23 million of his total $36 million, and will get another $4 million in signing bonus on July 1. That leaves just $9 million owing for the rest of the deal—$1 million in salary this year and next, then $3 million in the final year, plus bonuses of $3 million in 2020-21 and $1 million in 2021-22.

Buyout ratios don't apply to signing bonuses, so Eriksson is guaranteed to receive the full $8 million in bonus money that's still owed to him. Only his $5 million in salary can be bought out.

So, if the Canucks did buy Eriksson out, they'd save just over half a million off the cap for each of the next two seasons, then about $2.5 million in 2021-22. After that, they'd be on the hook for just over half a million for three more years, till 2024-25.

In real money, Eriksson would get $11.3 million of the $13 million that's owed to him on his contract. And cap-wise, the Canucks would save the same difference—$1.7 million in total. Pretty small potatoes.

Earlier this week, we got confirmation from Eriksson's agent that a change of scenery is looking like an appealing option.

Here's what I find interesting, if the Nucks paid the bonuses, that do not count against the cap apparently, some team out there is really only paying $5M to LE over three years. The next two are at a million. His final year is $3M, and he may even retire. Throw in the fact there will be a lockout in there, this deal just keeps getting better for a team trying to reach the cap floor. I dunno, maybe he is moveable.

Now, for all those tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists, maybe just maybe, there is a deal lined up and the only thing holding it up is AQ won't eat the bonuses, so LE and his agent decide to apply some pressure in the media to move things along, a week before the draft no less.

Naw, couldn't be.
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, I misread that, the bonuses would not count against the cap only if LE is bought out. Still not the worst imposition.
Thanks given by:
With the draft in Vancouver and moves Vancouver does make will be very private and hush and will be public during the draft.

i'm sure something has already happened and it'll be released during the draft.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 08:45 PM)Sasquatch Wrote: With the draft in Vancouver and moves Vancouver does make will be very private and hush and will be public during the draft.

i'm sure something has already happened and it'll be released during the draft.

Probably moved after the draft. I thought i read Louie has a big pay day coming on July 1st so maybe he gets moved after that.

As for a swap i can see it from management point of view. Holland loves the swedes and Aqualini loves Lucic. Can't see Louie being on board with it as he has already stated he would go to Ottawa or Montreal.

Also i wouldn't rule out a buyout however they could buy out Sutter instead.
Thanks given by:
https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Carol-Sc.../194/99962

We've often heard Loui Eriksson's contract with the Canucks referred to as 'buyout proof.' Here's what that means right now:

Eriksson has three years left on his current six-year contract with the Canucks. The cap hit is $6 million a season, but he has already received $23 million of his total $36 million, and will get another $4 million in signing bonus on July 1. That leaves just $9 million owing for the rest of the deal—$1 million in salary this year and next, then $3 million in the final year, plus bonuses of $3 million in 2020-21 and $1 million in 2021-22.

Buyout ratios don't apply to signing bonuses, so Eriksson is guaranteed to receive the full $8 million in bonus money that's still owed to him. Only his $5 million in salary can be bought out.

So, if the Canucks did buy Eriksson out, they'd save just over half a million off the cap for each of the next two seasons, then about $2.5 million in 2021-22. After that, they'd be on the hook for just over half a million for three more years, till 2024-25.
Thanks given by: