Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Erickson played his final game as a Canuck?
DanRiccio@650
Thinking about #Canucks options with Loui Eriksson and came across this in the CBA...

10:00 AM - Jul 10, 2019

11.19 Loan to Clubs Outside North America. The SPC of any Player may contain a clause that provides that, in the event his NHL Club Loans the Player to a club outside the NHL, during the period of such Loan, the Player shall have the option to be Loaned to a club of his choice outside North America. The clause may relieve the NHL Club of the obligation to pay the Player his Paragraph 1 Salary for the duration of such Loan if such relief is expressly stated in the provision, but the NHL Club shall otherwise be responsible for all other payments due to the Player by the NHL Club pursuant to his SPC. Such clause shall be subject to any applicable Player Transfer Agreement between the NHL and a hockey federation and/or the IIHF in effect, at the time of the Loan. The Player shall be permitted to make financial arrangements for compensation and other benefits with the club outside North America for the duration of the Loan, which financial compensation and benefits shall not be included in Averaged Club Salary, Actual Club Salary, League-wide Player Compensation or the Players' Share. The Club shall be required to provide to the NHL and the NHLPA in accordance with Exhibit 3 any loan agreement entered into in relation to such Loan by no later than 5:00 p.m. New York time on the day following the day the Club has received the executed loan agreement.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 02:55 PM)Nipsy Wrote: DanRiccio@650
Thinking about #Canucks options with Loui Eriksson and came across this in the CBA...

10:00 AM - Jul 10, 2019

11.19 Loan to Clubs Outside North America. The SPC of any Player may contain a clause that provides that, in the event his NHL Club Loans the Player to a club outside the NHL, during the period of such Loan, the Player shall have the option to be Loaned to a club of his choice outside North America. The clause may relieve the NHL Club of the obligation to pay the Player his Paragraph 1 Salary for the duration of such Loan if such relief is expressly stated in the provision, but the NHL Club shall otherwise be responsible for all other payments due to the Player by the NHL Club pursuant to his SPC. Such clause shall be subject to any applicable Player Transfer Agreement between the NHL and a hockey federation and/or the IIHF in effect, at the time of the Loan. The Player shall be permitted to make financial arrangements for compensation and other benefits with the club outside North America for the duration of the Loan, which financial compensation and benefits shall not be included in Averaged Club Salary, Actual Club Salary, League-wide Player Compensation or the Players' Share. The Club shall be required to provide to the NHL and the NHLPA in accordance with Exhibit 3 any loan agreement entered into in relation to such Loan by no later than 5:00 p.m. New York time on the day following the day the Club has received the executed loan agreement.

So, I guess the $64,000 question is, does Loui have this clause in his contract???  

I'm also not seeing much in here re: cap relief...

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
As I read this I cant see where the cap hit is applied, so I may have misread this... I blame the crown royal, but I digress.
This needs more research but It might just be a way to bury LE outside of North America, which would be preferable to Utica, I think.

He's gonna have to go somewhere, and a $6M 13th forward looks awkward. If he goes to Utica the media would have a field day on a weekly basis, creating distraction. Europe might be the best option.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 03:06 PM)Nipsy Wrote: As I read this I cant see where the cap hit is applied, so I may have misread this... I blame the crown royal, but I digress.
This needs more research but It might just be a way to bury LE outside of North America, which would be preferable to Utica, I think.

He's gonna have to go somewhere, and a $6M 13th forward looks awkward. If he goes to Utica the media would have a field day on a weekly basis, creating distraction. Europe might be the best option.

Hey Nips ( speaking of Crown Royal ).

This European option would definitely be the best one...... if it is one.

Thanks given by:
I have no info source, but I am quite sure that Lui has played his last game as a Canuck. Look who we have picked up since game 82

He's GONE
 Proverbs 13:10
Thanks given by:
Dan Murphy was interviewed today on Sportsnet. He said that the Canucks had something close to being done at the deadline for Lucic but nothing materialized because he heard that Eriksson would not wave to go to Edmonton.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-12, 04:29 PM)Alexis25 Wrote: Dan Murphy was interviewed today on Sportsnet. He said that the Canucks had something close to being done at the deadline for Lucic but nothing materialized because he heard that Eriksson would not wave to go to Edmonton.

Eriksson saves the Canucks from hell of the one extra year of Looch. A WTF moment
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-12, 05:13 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2019-07-12, 04:29 PM)Alexis25 Wrote: Dan Murphy was interviewed today on Sportsnet. He said that the Canucks had something close to being done at the deadline for Lucic but nothing materialized because he heard that Eriksson would not wave to go to Edmonton.

Eriksson saves the Canucks from hell of the one extra year of Looch. A WTF moment

So, if this is true....

Loui would rather play in Vancouver, in front of many many Non Loui fans and a coach that he has issues with.... versus playing in Edmonton.

Thanks given by:
May no one around here say Eriksson doesn’t earn his pay check ever again ...

He’s earned his money this year anyway. Grin
Thanks for not waiving, Loui ... Cool
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
Depends what we would of got from edm.

Could of been worth it.

Also summer and most of the shit that gets said is a lie.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx

I heard most NHL GM's in the league don't feel he can play in the league anymore.

He should fit right in with the Oilers  Grin
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-12, 05:27 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:

So, if this is true....

Loui would rather play in Vancouver, in front of many many Non Loui fans and a coach that he has issues with.... versus playing in Edmonton.

Sav, you've probably heard this a million times before, 
 "The best that Edmonton looks is in the rear view mirror when you leave."
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-13, 12:41 AM)topgun Wrote:

So, if this is true....

Thanks given by: Highstyx , Highstyx

Seriously, you actually believe these media jerks? The are so full of baloney it stinks half way round the world. If I am Benning, the last thing, THE ONE THING I will NOT do is talk about an 'almost did it deal'  and that should not be all too hard to figure out. Think 'tampering. .  cuz if I am Luc it would certainly bug me to hear of this.. and ///// forget it. Just THINK before you get suckered by these idiots

Dan Murphy is FULL OF IT !!
Thanks given by:
Here is a number one rule for you guys.

Unless you hear it from the mouth of the GM as an official announcement.. IT'S ALL NOISE. Meaningless deceiving NOISE.. because these overpaid morons are TOO LAZY to dig up something worth writing about, or talking about.. so instead they make up stories. Well, guess it works, cause many of you fall for this every time

I don't understand why so many people are UNABLE to see this Confused
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-13, 12:41 AM)topgun Wrote:

So, if this is true....

LOL... I can't confirm, or deny, that report Top!!!

Thanks given by:
(2019-07-13, 03:59 AM)Highstyx Wrote:

Seriously, you actually believe these media jerks? The are so full of baloney it stinks half way round the world. If I am Benning, the last thing, THE ONE THING I will NOT do is talk about an 'almost did it deal'  and that should not be all too hard to figure out. Think 'tampering. .  cuz if I am Luc it would certainly bug me to hear of this.. and ///// forget it. Just THINK before you get suckered by these idiots

I don't know, Murphy is pretty plugged into the team.

And it all makes sense.

We know the teams have talked about the trade, and why wouldn't they.
Eriksson wouldn't be the first player with a no trade clause to not waive it moving to a Canadian team.

I think Eriksson has a Plan B, something we haven't thought of, and he's just biding his time hoping for a better trade before he resorts to it.
Where I live, it's always Saturday afternoon just before the beach bars close.

Thanks given by: Canucksfansince1989
(2019-07-13, 03:59 AM)Highstyx Wrote:

Benning literally was fined by the league because he couldn't shut up publicly about other teams players that he was pursuing. The idea that he or his staff would be loose lipped to the media members particularly guys so close to the team like Murphy behind the scenes is pretty realistic.
I’ll be polite... right up until I’m rude
- Ash Williams (2015)
Thanks given by:
Hey Stix, I wouldn't say even if it comes from the GM's mouth, I've see GM's lie before.

I think people look at the media all wrong these days. Fake news, twitter tweets, Facebook posts.... it's all just to get paid. That doesn't mean it's false or true, it just means everyone is trying to get eyeballs on themselves to get a bigger paycheque. Getting angry at the media is silly, this has been going on since the beginning of media. It's just never been so obvious, and it's never had this many 'reporters'.

I find the best advice for understanding and utilizing media is to get everyone's opinion and make your own. Do I find it credible that Dan Murphy comes out with a comment about LE? Sure. Do I think he sensationalized it? Of course. Have I heard other media sources say something similar? Yes. So I can conclude from this that the Nucks prolly used Dan Murphy to throw a little shade at LE for their own reasons, like trying to get LE to be more flexible about his no trade clause, and Dan Murphy gets another fifty Twitter hits.

The deal with Looch was never gonna go down, I don't need Dan Murphy to tell me that, the trade proposal was all just Edmonton media from the beginning. LE isn't gonna go to Edmonton, and it was likely at the top of his no trade list. Benning prolly didn't even ask him. The truth is, Looch makes no sense on this team now, or in the future, and no matter what LE's situation is, it's gone in a couple years at the most. The Looch contract is just the worst, there's just no sweetener that makes it palatable, and it goes on through years where we need cap room to sign our own restricted free agents.

Yes Stix, the media is silly, but it's a source, a sensationalized opinion and nothing more.
Thanks given by: