Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitler. Would you?
Ah, Temujin. For the .5% of people that refer or know who that is.
Thanks given by:
Isn't our education grand eh?
I'm hoping that people that talk about Khan have seen the movie from a few years back... very interesting.
And I'm sure that there's more than .5% that know who Temujin is...... look at all the "liberal arts" students out there... lol
The truth may be puzzling.  It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true. Sagan
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-14, 10:20 AM)Ululator Wrote:
(2018-02-13, 05:30 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: France is France. They aren’t a nation that incites fear. 

Why do French tanks have rear view mirrors?
To see the battle
Why do French tanks have 6 gears?
5 for reverse, 1 for forward
Why do French boats have glass bottoms?
So they can see the rest of their boats
What do you call a French man killed defending his country?
I don't know, it never happened.
France decided they would change their flag to be more suiting.
In other words, France is the first country to have an all-white flag.
Did you hear about the French rifle for sale on Amazon?
It has never been fired but it has been dropped once.

Hey Arse, show this to your chérie Happy

Wouldn't trouble her a bit.  I would get zat cute shoulder shrug, a puff of smoke blown in my face, and zen she would tip back her beret, and beckon me closer, zen, she would grab a fistful of Arsenal, and remind me zat ze French women were not holding se guns, or driving ze tanks.  Zen she would likely be turned on by the fear in my eyes, wink, slap my butt, and tell me to go make her a baguette, put on my French waiter costume and meet her in ze chambre tout suite.

Is it warm in here?  Hey honey, you should see what Ulu posted....back in 30 guys.
"Feeling silly and sublime", most of the time.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-14, 01:26 PM)Odin Wrote: Isn't our education grand eh?
I'm hoping that people that talk about Khan have seen the movie from a few years back... very interesting.
And I'm sure that there's more than .5% that know who Temujin is...... look at all the "liberal arts" students out there... lol

They'll know him as Ghengis not Temujin lol, quit being a nerd Wink

(Odin have you seen Marco Polo? its a great show, its about Kublai Khan more than Ghengis, but its great for history buffs for pointing out flaws!)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I'd go back in time and murder a Hitler baby. I don't see the issue.

The world would be a different place if that monster didn't rise to power.
Thanks given by:
Reading through this thread, I simply cannot believe that a list of the worst people in history was compiled with no mention of the creators and/or cast of the Big Bang Theory.
Thanks given by:
Sadly, our kids won't even know who that is.... he's not part of our curriculum..... neither are most of the great personalities of history.
Instead we have to bash our kids with "nobodies" like Brûlé, Champlain, Hudson, etc......

Ah, the joys of living away from actual history.
The truth may be puzzling.  It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true. Sagan
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-14, 01:46 PM)Lumbergh Wrote: I'd go back in time and murder a Hitler baby.  I don't see the issue.

Not much different.... anyone that would have taken over would have done the same or worse.... Germany had no choice, they were backed into a corner.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-14, 01:56 PM)Odin Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 01:46 PM)Lumbergh Wrote: I'd go back in time and murder a Hitler baby.  I don't see the issue.

Not much different.... anyone that would have taken over would have done the same or worse.... Germany had no choice, they were backed into a corner.

I don't think so.  He had Kennedy-like ability to talk to a nation and get it to fall in line with his ideals.

Most people do not.  I doubt the Germans would have done what he made them do without him.
Thanks given by:
Actually, without Hitler's constant meddling in military strategy the Germans might have won the war. So things could have unfolded very differently.
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
So I'm being asked would I murder someone......

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-14, 02:31 PM)Lumbergh Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 01:56 PM)Odin Wrote:

I don't think so.  He had Kennedy-like ability to talk to a nation and get it to fall in line with his ideals.

Most people do not.  I doubt the Germans would have done what he made them do without him.

If Hitler was to be killed, Goebbels needs to be killed. He is one of the most brilliant propaganda creators in history (imo). He's the one who created the methods and plans to blame Jews, Slavics, etc...
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Goebbels, Engel, Borgmann, Dietrich, Schaub, G. Wagner, Wolf, Mann, FRANK, Zierreis, Goring, Himmler, Rouschning, Kaufmann, Ribbentraup, Koch, Terboven, Kruger, .... and on and on... LOL

As much as Hitler loved power, he loved using other people's ideas a lot more than his own...
For a guy. that hated jews so much, he had many working for him personally... lol
Thanks given by: