Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Be A Real Man
Wink

I've been obnoxious....I've been unconscious....I've been all kinds of things that are hard to spell.

Stephen Bruton
Thanks given by: divit , Lagavulin , Lagavulin , nicky
(2019-08-14, 05:21 PM)Wilson Green Wrote: Wink

Fellow Albertan!
How to start an argument on the internet: 1) Post something. 2) Wait.
Thanks given by: Lagavulin , Lagavulin
"how to be" is all well and good.  

how about "where to find?"  Wink  Silly

That has got to be some country song.  Where have all the real men gone  . ..  Grin Laugh
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-14, 11:36 PM)nicky Wrote: "how to be" is all well and good.  

That has got to be some country song.  Where have all the real men gone  . ..  Grin Laugh

We hide out in small little unknown towns  Wink
Thanks given by: nicky

My daughter makes the same observation.  There's a lovely crop of girly man-children to harvest.  The stately oaks, beeches and maples are few and far between and most are felled young.  My daughter has shared with me that she has more in common with first gen Canadian males.  They're more industrious, more worldly and have far more to offer conversationally than the Brandon's, who've been smoking weed and gaming in their parent's basement.  She's looking for a man...not a boy.  She's happily single, educated and strong, and will not simply settle.
"To love life is to plant trees, under which shade you may never sit"
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 05:50 AM)Arsenal Wrote:

My daughter makes the same observation.  There's a lovely crop of girly man-children to harvest.  The stately oaks, beeches and maples are few and far between and most are felled young.  My daughter has shared with me that she has more in common with first gen Canadian males.  They're more industrious, more worldly and have far more to offer conversationally than the Brandon's, who've been smoking weed and gaming in their parent's basement.  She's looking for a man...not a boy.  She's happily single, educated and strong, and will not simply settle.
Bahahaha..just about spit out my coffee at this one.. you have a real nack for the word Arse..seriously as I have indicated before..if they are not handy..well..you know the rest. One of my employees is 29 dating a guy that is 47..for that very reason, the youngins are kinda dumb and dare I say hight maintenance..
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
I would suggest the same applies to women under 30.

I haven’t had a successful date in 2019. It’s hard finding someone under 30 who has an education, a promising career, takes care of themselves, and knows how to have a good time within reason.
Thanks given by:

I have a son who is industrious, loves working with his hands and just finished a degree in Math and Statistics.  Let me know when she would like to meet him. Not this week as he is building my front deck and has to finish laying laminate in two bedrooms upstairs.
Thanks given by: MisterZ

Arse, Arse, Arse. 
You know you are a man among men:  sensitive, witty, not to mention devastatingly good looking (I can tell by your posting style).
As a result, you must accept responsibility as her father for her finding other men pale in comparison. .. Silly

Actually I was just going for the joke.   And not being serious. I hate country music--generally.

Who are "first gen" males?   I imagine "first gen women" rolling their eyes at your daughter's observations.  Silly

Older guys are just lucky that women "had to settle" more in the past than they do now  . . .   SN devil

(and I'm sure guys have similar feelings  . . . Wink )

That youtube guy is pretty funny. I've seen a few of his now.
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 11:04 AM)nicky Wrote:

Arse, Arse, Arse. 
You know you are a man among men:  sensitive, witty, not to mention devastatingly good looking (I can tell by your posting style).
As a result, you must accept responsibility as her father for her finding other men pale in comparison. .. Silly

Actually I was just going for the joke.   And not being serious. I hate country music--generally.

Who are "first gen" males?   I imagine "first gen women" rolling their eyes at your daughter's observations.  Silly

Older guys are just lucky that women "had to settle" more in the past than they do now  . . .   SN devil

(and I'm sure guys have similar feelings  . . . Wink )

That youtube guy is pretty funny.  I've seen a few of his now.

Oh, I'm totally involved with finding her a partner.  Why, as I write, I have an offer on the table to a lad at work who's a science grad.  The current offer for my daughter's hand is 2 sheep, one goat, and my Kubota tractor.  I'm holding back my John Deere.  We'll see what he counters with tomorrow.

Your son sounds perfect, Glory.  Is he a Habs fan?
Thanks given by:
My daughter's last two dates; first gen Colombian-Canadian, first gen Lebanese-Canadian. They're educated, they've seen the world, they're embarking on careers in a new land, unassisted by parental units. Strong, driven characters, who challenge themselves and call her out..her words.
Thanks given by:
I'm just going to shut my mouth..
cfl
Thanks given by:
You can blame all these dating apps for people unable to find suitable long-term partners. There is no fighting for your relationship anymore. Anytime there's a snag, with one swipe to the right (or left, I don't exactly know how it works), there is someone else.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
I found my GF (soon to be Fiance) on Match. it was a lot of looking and a lot of patience. but we both were extremely fortunate and now we were meant to meet.

so i'm done searching... I've started saving.
cfl
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 06:52 AM)GloryYrs70s Wrote:

I have a son who is industrious, loves working with his hands and just finished a degree in Math and Statistics.  Let me know when she would like to meet him.  Not this week as he is building my front deck and has to finish laying laminate in two bedrooms upstairs.

(2019-08-15, 04:43 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: I found my GF (soon to be Fiance) on Match.  it was a lot of looking and a lot of patience.  but we both were extremely fortunate and now we were meant to meet.

so i'm done searching... I've started saving.

I dont really lump you in with the majority. No offence intended, but you're a little unique.

And still it took you till you were 40 to have success on a dating app.
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
yeah I know. I have had some issues that I am not going to get into really that have created me but thanks for a very understanding and caring woman I have been changing and soon I will be doing the dance and tying the knot. lots of details but she already picked out the engagement ring and I just have to purchase and plan the whole thing.
cfl
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's hard to talk to a girl on a dating app knowing she has endless other guys messaging her too. Someone did an experiment and made a Tinder account with a very obese woman's picture as his profile, and there were endless guys messaging her lol. I read somewhere that the ratio of guys to girls on those apps is high.
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 03:38 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Oh, I'm totally involved with finding her a partner.  Why, as I write, I have an offer on the table to a lad at work who's a science grad.  The current offer for my daughter's hand is 2 sheep, one goat, and my Kubota tractor.  I'm holding back my John Deere.  We'll see what he counters with tomorrow.

I see my first post wasn't that clear.   Coffee needed to click in maybe. 

I was just teasing you that your own manhood perfection has made it difficult for her to find guys who measure up to what she has seen modelled from you . . .

okay, back to your goats and tractors . . . Wink
Mostly harmless  . . .
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 04:55 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote: Yeah it's hard to talk to a girl on a dating app knowing she has endless other guys messaging her too. Someone did an experiment and made a Tinder account with a very obese woman's picture as his profile, and there were endless guys messaging her lol. I read somewhere that the ratio of guys to girls on those apps is high.

some of those people are bots.

women today and in the past.. and in the future still face a very uphill battle with sexism and other issues.
cfl
Thanks given by:
(2019-08-15, 05:01 PM)nicky Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 03:38 PM)Arsenal Wrote: Oh, I'm totally involved with finding her a partner.  Why, as I write, I have an offer on the table to a lad at work who's a science grad.  The current offer for my daughter's hand is 2 sheep, one goat, and my Kubota tractor.  I'm holding back my John Deere.  We'll see what he counters with tomorrow.

I see my first post wasn't that clear.   Coffee needed to click in maybe. 

I was just teasing you that your own manhood perfection has made it difficult for her to find guys who measure up to what she has seen modelled from you . . .

I totally understood your post, but my manly man ego needed to try and coax it out of you ...one...more...time...thanks.  I mean, your observation is such an obvious given, do we really need to flog that dead horse?  For the record, yes, I have set the bar incredibly high.  I am amused by my daughter's date choices though, as my daughter seems to be attracted to men slight in stature, who could fit in her purse...while I'm 6'4".  I'm swiping right on her phone all the 6 and a half foot engineers, and she's laughing at me while swiping right on the Herve Villachaize's.  Daughters.
Thanks given by: