Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hudon wants out
https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2019/01/br...e.html?m=1

Don't blame him. He's young and needs to play
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
I can understand him too but the reality is that he hasn't exactly wowed anyone when playing. Habs have had a ton of tweeners going through their organization in the last few years and he looks like he might be another one.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 05:27 PM)Captain aHab Wrote: I can understand him too but the reality is that he hasn't exactly wowed anyone when playing. Habs have had a ton of tweeners going through their organization in the last few years and he looks like he might be another one.

I disagree. Last season he had a very good season in my opinion. Very productive considering the ice time and lines he was relegated to. Showed lots of positives. This season he has had some growth pains, but so has Lehkonen, but Hudon simply does not seem to be on the Habs plans. He needs to play to improve, but he isn’t given the chance. I guess it’s a numbers game and he is just the odd man out
Thanks given by:
This is sadly amusing.

Sad because Hudon is perfectly right to want to play. Doesn't everyone?

Amusing cause he's hardly in a place to force things, unlike Drouin was in TB, with their cap situation.

See, if he had a wife that knew how to leverage the media like Mrs. Pateryn, that'd be different...lol Happy
Thanks given by:
Not at all surprising but he's also a dime a dozen player so getting much of anything for him would be difficult at the best of times
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 05:33 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote: This is sadly amusing.

Sad because Hudon is perfectly right to want to play.  Doesn't everyone?

Amusing cause he's hardly in a place to force things, unlike Drouin was in TB, with their cap situation.

See, if he had a wife that knew how to leverage the media like Mrs. Pateryn, that'd be different...lol Happy
There's wanting out and then there's asking to be thrown out. Wink 

One day someone is going to totally lose it and say the beer sucks, then look out.

Kid tried. Remember them chattering about him being told to play physical, so he went out and hit everyone? He is a top six - if you want him to produce - but if it gets into his zone he isn't a top six and you're hurting. Making him a defensive role player...really?

Right place the kid can do well. He does well enough and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. He needs a chance or he'll never get a chance.
Thanks given by: Gerry Pigeon
(2019-01-12, 05:42 PM)New Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 05:33 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote: This is sadly amusing.

Sad because Hudon is perfectly right to want to play.  Doesn't everyone?

There's wanting out and then there's asking to be thrown out. Wink 

One day someone is going to totally lose it and say the beer sucks, then look out.

Kid tried. Remember them chattering about him being told to play physical, so he went out and hit everyone? He is a top six - if you want him to produce - but if it gets into his zone he isn't a top six and you're hurting. Making him a defensive role player...really?

Right place the kid can do well. He does well enough and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. He needs a chance or he'll never get a chance.

They didn't ask him to be physical...after the game Julien commented that that wasn't his game.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 05:30 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote:
(2019-01-12, 05:27 PM)Captain aHab Wrote: I can understand him too but the reality is that he hasn't exactly wowed anyone when playing. Habs have had a ton of tweeners going through their organization in the last few years and he looks like he might be another one.

I disagree. Last season he had a very good season in my opinion. Very productive considering the ice time and lines he was relegated to. Showed lots of positives. This season he has had some growth pains, but so has Lehkonen, but Hudon simply does not seem to be on the Habs plans. He needs to play to improve, but he isn’t given the chance. I guess it’s a numbers game and he is just the odd man out

Lehkonen has improved his D side of the game. Hudon has not.

Look at it this way: this organization really really wants to have more francos in the lineup. The fact he can't make it should tell you something is off.

Before the game when he had over 10 hits, he said (again - he has said that many many times) that he had a good chat with Julien and he understood what is expected of him. He then goes out and hits everything that moves and, after the game, Julien comments that this isn't Hudon's game.

Michael Bournival 2.0?
Thanks given by:
They're getting the #76 Laurent Dauphin jersey ready......
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 06:06 PM)Captain aHab Wrote:

Lehkonen has improved his D side of the game. Hudon has not.

Look at it this way: this organization really really wants to have more francos in the lineup. The fact he can't make it should tell you something is off.

Before the game when he had over 10 hits, he said (again - he has said that many many times) that he had a good chat with Julien and he understood what is expected of him. He then goes out and hits everything that moves and, after the game, Julien comments that this isn't Hudon's game.

Michael Bournival 2.0?

Well I don’t think it’s a secret that Julien prefers a 4th like that doesn’t have players like Peça or Hudon on it, which is fine, but can’t blame the players either for feeling frustrated. A couple of weeks ago Peca scored two goals in three games and then gets a ticket to the press box. He was playing very well, certainly more than enough that he earned to stay in the lineup, but nevertheless. Same with Hudon closet to the beginning of the season where he had some strong games and still ended up in the press box.

The fact is Julien prefers his 4th line to be bigger and play a certain style, so if Peca and Hudon can’t break into the top 3 lines then there is no room for them on the roster. I’m sure if Kotkaniemi was inked into the lineup in the off season that Peca would not have been signed. He likely was seen as our third line centre, but Kotkaniemi changed that and Peca wasn’t Julien’s cup of tea for the 4th line
Thanks given by:

Agree. He had a very good rookie season for being mostly a 4rh liner

This year he just hasnt been able to get into enough games to show consistency.

There has always been something about his game that Habs did not like. Remember when he was our top Ahl guy and never got called up. Finally made the Habs last year prob only due to waivers and then did welll and stayed

Like Sherbak, not given a real chance this year
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 07:41 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:

There has always been something about his game that Habs did not like. Remember when he was our top Ahl guy and never got called up. Finally made the Habs last year prob only due to waivers and then did welll and stayed

I disagree.  Kind of.

Yeah, he didn't get lots of top line minutes, mostly saw action on the 4th line, but he never seemed to earn his way into the top three lines.  

I recall plenty of stupid, lazy, or mindless defensive lapses, to go along with the occasional exhilarating rush, which didn't pay off in points very often (therefore his modest stats).  

That's not a good enough formula to stick on the top three lines.  Or even the team.
Thanks given by:
I don't think he can score much at the NHL level. Not good enough to be a defensive type player and not heavy enough to be a physical presence. He'll be a career journey man/tweener. Nothing wrong with that.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-12, 07:41 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:

Good thing he's getting that now in LA....oh wait...
Thanks given by: Gerry Pigeon
Hudon's a 4A player, much like 'Ghetto.

Lots of skill, but not quite good enough to play in a real top six.

Not quite the size/profile you want for the bottom six either.

Kind of guy who can produce a reasonable 30 points as a turd-liner, but one you'll always be looking to upgrade from.
Thanks given by:
I hear Europe calling for Charles. He'll enjoy it there. Like his try but his game never made the jump needed to get to the Big Bucks.
Thanks given by:
Getting to wear the C on the sweater is an honour but Hudon is one of four Canadien players whose uniform bore their initials. Can you identify them all?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2...12x612&f=1][Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.gettyimages.com%2F...94x594&f=1]

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fourhistory.canadiens.com..._1.jpg&f=1]

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fw...ge.jpg&f=1]
Thanks given by:
Charlie Hodge. Christopher Higgins. Charles Hudon and.....
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 12:04 AM)Cal Wrote: Charlie Hodge. Christopher Higgins. Charles Hudon and.....

Chuck Hamilton, Cecil Hoekstra, Cristobal Huet.
Thanks given by: Cal
(2019-01-13, 12:08 AM)RightNyder Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 12:04 AM)Cal Wrote: Charlie Hodge. Christopher Higgins. Charles Hudon and.....

Chuck Hamilton, Cecil Hoekstra, Cristobal Huet.

I didn't include Chuck and Cece because they played five games COMBINED for the Canadiens.
Their time with the team was insigniaficant
Thanks given by: