Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'I do trust him': Trump opens up about Kim after historic summit
https://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-trus...d=55815265

"his people love him"
Thanks given by:
So, Canada is a threat to the US, but the guy who has LITERALLY threatened to Nuke the US is trustworthy?
Thanks given by:
The guy loves strongmen.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 03:27 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: The guy loves strongmen.

Trudeau should just show him the time he beat up Brazeau.
Thanks given by: poppabyrd , Bong13 , Bong13
He makes a propaganda video for North Korea, he stops joint military exercises with South Korea, he puts the North Korean Flag up there right next to the Stars and Stripes, and he says Kim Jong Un is a great man who loves his own people.

Uh...Trump is a tough guy?
No one is coming to save you. This life is 100% your responsibility.
Thanks given by:
Condos on NK beaches. Trump is drooling. I wonder how Republicans will react. I suspect they might voice their outrage and then invest.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 03:37 PM)divit Wrote: He makes a propaganda video for North Korea, he stops joint military exercises with South Korea, he puts the North Korean Flag up there right next to the Stars and Stripes, and he says Kim Jong Un is a great man who loves his own people.

Uh...Trump is a tough guy?

No, Trump likes tough guys is what I think PB was saying
Thanks given by:
I am not sure what people want Trump, the U.S. or anybody else to do with North Korea. What Trump is doing of course will be criticized because that is what some people have to do. But the status quo wasn’t getting anything done and escalating the situation and facing off as enemies would probably not result in anything good. At least what is happenning now is better than nothing.
Thanks given by: Cornholio
(2018-06-12, 03:57 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: I am not sure what people want Trump, the U.S. or anybody else to do with North Korea. What Trump is doing of course will be criticized because that is what some people have to do. But the status quo wasn’t getting anything done and escalating the situation and facing off as enemies would probably not result in anything good. At least what is happenning now is better than nothing.

I agree, in fact, I agreed when Obama was saying "I'll talk to anyone". It's the whole "team" thing that is the problem.

Obama says that, FOX goes at him like he stole something, Obama backs off
Trump says it, MSNBC/CNN goes at him like he stole something, Trump proceeds

Curious what Trump would have done with Cuba had Castro still been around, and had Obama not already handled that.
Thanks given by:
Trump has already given Kim 2 major things Kim wanted. A position of parody with the US on the world stage and a commitment to stop US and South Korean joint military exercises in the region.
For that Trump got a vague document alluding to "something happening down the road." No specifics.

Winner....Kim

Trump: the great negotiator.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 04:16 PM)theDC Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 03:57 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: I am not sure what people want Trump, the U.S. or anybody else to do with North Korea. What Trump is doing of course will be criticized because that is what some people have to do. But the status quo wasn’t getting anything done and escalating the situation and facing off as enemies would probably not result in anything good. At least what is happenning now is better than nothing.

I agree, in fact, I agreed when Obama was saying "I'll talk to anyone". It's the whole "team" thing that is the problem.

Obama says that, FOX goes at him like he stole something, Obama backs off
Trump says it, MSNBC/CNN goes at him like he stole something, Trump proceeds

Curious what Trump would have done with Cuba had Castro still been around, and had Obama not already handled that.

great!  You know how much that topic stings Trudeau!!!  Way to go!!!  Icon_eek
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
You just stabbed DC in the back, Bandit.

There's a special place in hell for ya...
Why is common sense not so common?
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 04:29 PM)divit Wrote: Trump has already given Kim 2 major things Kim wanted. A position of parody with the US on the world stage and a commitment to stop US and South Korean joint military exercises in the region.
For that Trump got a vague document alluding to "something happening down the road." No specifics.

Winner....Kim

Parody or parity? 

Both apply so I don't know which one you mean  Cry
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 04:51 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2018-06-12, 04:29 PM)divit Wrote: Trump has already given Kim 2 major things Kim wanted. A position of parody with the US on the world stage and a commitment to stop US and South Korean joint military exercises in the region.

Winner....Kim

Parody or parity? 

Both apply so I don't know which one you mean  Cry

Laugh I did mean parity...Freudian slip maybe.
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
Denuclearization is hopefully the long-term strategy here. I'm pretty sure that's what everyone wants to see. It still might take some doing, but who knows.

Still though....the "President" of the United States coddling to well-known dictator in North Korea, while at the same time denouncing Canada as a "threat to our national security".

Is this really happening? For real?

Is the world upside down now or what?? Icon_eek
Thanks given by:
Trump wants the world to believe that he can do what nobody else has done.  It is entirely about feeding his enormous ego and he HAS to say he trusts Kim Jong Un.  It was decided once he decided to meet with him.
Thanks given by:
A good outcome for a meeting with limited goals. No sanctions lifted, a hesitant step toward denuclearization.
What Trump gave up (military exercises) can be easily reversed. What Kim gained was the far-east concept of 'face', which doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the west.

I wonder what further meetings will entail.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-12, 05:24 PM)Cornholio Wrote: A good outcome for a meeting with limited goals. No sanctions lifted, a hesitant step toward denuclearization.
What Trump gave up (military exercises) can be easily reversed. What Kim gained was the far-east concept of 'face', which doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the west.

I wonder what further meetings will entail.

Probably more photo ops, grandstanding and chest pumping...
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
Proudly displaying their Nobel Prize medals, maybe biting into them for the press photogs...

Burgers and beers for everyone.
Thanks given by:
Looks like Trump has been consulting the Oilers:

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/12/dona...ird-video/
Thanks given by: GearedUp